PDA

View Full Version : Astros Minor League

Necks_Fan
04-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Their AAA team sucks.

Their AA has 2-3 people worthy of being called up to AAA (namely Tommy Manzella SS 25 y/o).

They need to rebuild big time.

Anybody thought about having a total fire sale like the Marlins, before we went out and got a whole bunch of players?

The Yankees were talking about trying to aquire Oswalt. I wonder what they would give for him? ( I know he has a no-trade clause, but he said he may be willing to waive it last year)

I just wonder about Houston sometimes. They are getting up there in age (Berkman, Lee, Tejeda, Oswalt, Matsui, Role playrers are all old)

Also, why don we have NO young talent? Pretty much everyone of significance is 25+.

Was Timid Tim that bad? I don't really rememeber him trading a whole bunch of folks. Is it because he couldn't sign his draft picks or what?

Panther One
04-27-2008, 10:38 AM
The Astros lost a lot of draft picks for the free agents they have signed over the past several years and have also had trouble signing some of their top picks. Ed Wade has already made rebuilding through the draft one of his top goals, but it's going to take a few good drafts to do so. Drayton is not an owner that is willing to go through down years to rebuild. This past offseason proved that. He's going to continue to spend his money while the Astros try to rebuild. No team should ever do what the Marlins did. It's not fair to the fans.

The Astros have some guys in their lower 30s, but it's not like their production is dropping off. All of them still have many more productive seasons left. The Astros really need to land a few good draft picks this year who would be ready three or four years down the road.

JasperDog94
04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The Astros lost a lot of draft picks for the free agents they have signed over the past several years and have also had trouble signing some of their top picks. Ed Wade has already made rebuilding through the draft one of his top goals, but it's going to take a few good drafts to do so. Drayton is not an owner that is willing to go through down years to rebuild. This past offseason proved that. He's going to continue to spend his money while the Astros try to rebuild. No team should ever do what the Marlins did. It's not fair to the fans.

The Astros have some guys in their lower 30s, but it's not like their production is dropping off. All of them still have many more productive seasons left. The Astros really need to land a few good draft picks this year who would be ready three or four years down the road. :iagree: