PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans don't get out the brooms yet!

Phil C
04-27-2008, 08:45 AM
We have to remember that Phoenix is a great team and Shaq and his teammates have lots of pride. They will play determined today and are very mad. Their eyes will be be wide with determination and they will be breathing fire out their nostils. Remember they were booed by their fans in the last game and I can't think of anything that would infuriate them more. A sleeping giant will awake today and be filled with a terrible resolve. :(

Bull Butter
04-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Phil, all Spurs fans should remember the collapse the 1979 team suffered against Washington in the Eastern Conference Finals.

San Antonio had a 3-1 lead against the Bullets and proceeded to drop 3 straight, including a gut-wrenching game 7 in the Capital Center which the Spurs led most of the game, only to see Washington pull out the victory in the end, 107-105.:mad:

Phil C
04-27-2008, 06:38 PM
I knew the Suns were too good to be swept and with the attitude the Spurs showed at the end of the game laughing and smiling I am wondering now about their sense of urgency. If Suns win the next game it will probably wake them up but it may be too late. Spurs have to be careful because the Suns have the capability to be the first team to ever come from a 3 - 0 deficite to come back and win a series.

Phil C
04-27-2008, 07:07 PM
But remember "Don't be fooled." The Spurs are happy where they are. They stole Game 1 and won Game 2 and then whipped the Suns in game 3 to take a 3 - 0 advantage. They got a split in Phoenix. That is exactly what they wanted even though the sweep would have been nice but highly unlikely. If anyone had told us Spurs fans or the Spurs themselves that they would be 3 - 1 now before the series I think we all would have taken it. But we still must play good to win. Go Spurs!