PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your baseball program for this season?

Old Cardinal
01-03-2003, 08:56 PM
It's getting time to hear some schedules for the early season. Returnees? Changes?
Strategy? etc:

jason
01-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Forney should be good...again...

Keith7
01-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Gainesville has 6/9 returning starters.. 5 of them are seniors so we will have strong leadership.. Also 5 of the 6 returning were all district selections.. we missed the playoffs by 1 game last year in arguebly one of the hardest districts in state, with Lake Dallas and Little Elm both being in it.. This year will be another challenge for us.. with Celina jumpin in the mix.. but i think we have had time to "gel" and really come together as a team and have an excellent chance to take Gainesville Baseball to the play offs for the 1st time in 10 years..

DroptheHammer
01-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Forney will be good again. James Boxley is an awesome coach. Under his guidance and leadership Forney should have a good shot at winning Reg. 2 again.

Showtime33
01-04-2003, 05:37 AM
Who is pitching for Forney this year?? My friend said that they are not going to be that good this year. I will tell you a team that is going to be real good this year and that is Lake Dallas. I think they will have a great shot at state.

wildstangs
01-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Sweetwater returns all but two players from last years area playoff team. The Stangs beat Bridgeport in bi district, and came close to knocking Lake Worth out in the 2nd round. I look for them to be pretty tough with a few great pitchers in Carrillo and Bishop. Unfortunately, they will be late arriving, since they will prolly go deep in the Basketball playoffs.

ThaRealBulldog
01-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Carthage will be awsome like everyyear, we won 4a state titles and we will win the 3a state titles.

big daddy russ
01-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Ingleside only returns two starters from last year's playoff team, and our biggest loss was arguably the second-best pitcher in the district (it's hard to be the first when the other has won 34 straight games and led his team to a state title). We do return outfielders Sean Stone and James Doyle, but lose All-district 1B Roderick Chambers, All-district 3B Chris Flores, All-district SS James Kent and All-district C Kenith Rowe (30-3A's leading hitter last year). Ingleside won't be as good, but we'll still have a good shot at the playoffs because our district lost Odem and George West to 2A. Sinton will be udooubtedly the top team and Aransas Pass brings back most of their players. From there out it's a dogfight.

Old Cardinal
01-04-2003, 09:40 PM
I enjoy going and watching Bridge City play baseball. They are well Coached, and have a strategy to take on the very best teams in Louisiana and a lot of 4A's and 5A's. I am just guessing that they might look something like this-Catcher Brian French and/or Ben Myers, Pitcher aces Dereck Blackshear and/or Jamie Knight, 1st- Brian French 6' 5", good bat, 2nd Hunter Hayes and/or Ben Myers, SS Jamie Knight and several others, 3rd Aaron McGuire and/or several others.... Outfield? They have 5 or 6, all pretty fast prospects-looks like the best bats play the most. They lost some good players, but have enough coming back to compete for winning the District title again...

<small>[ January 04, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Matthew328
01-04-2003, 11:51 PM
It would totally shock me if anyone but Sinton won it all in 3A this year...Sinton has like 7 of 9 starters back from last year's tittle team..including all-world pitcher Adrian Alaniz...has he lost a game in high school??

As for my Everman Bulldogs I think they should be pretty good...2 years consecutive they have been knocked out by powerhouse Forney in the area round..I think the Bulldogs can go 2 maybe 3 rounds deep..8-3A is pretty tough with Kennedale and FW Diamond Hill both being pretty good..

Old Cardinal
01-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Matthew. I agree that Sinton is certainly the leading prospect to take it all...I once saw Snyder win it all (State Champions), with mostly Sophomores, only to not go very far the following two years. There are some interesting aromas that sometimes come into play that tends to inhibit top efficiency; namely the aroma of perfume and gasoline!....Barbers Hill is loaded with good players next year and are a true darkhorse possibility...Matt the word is Title not Tittle, I think it may be easier for you younger folks to think of tittle easier than the word title.

<small>[ January 05, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

big daddy russ
01-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Matthew328:
It would totally shock me if anyone but Sinton won it all in 3A this year...Sinton has like 7 of 9 starters back from last year's tittle team..including all-world pitcher Adrian Alaniz...has he lost a game in high school??...Nope, he hasn't lost yet. And by the way, their number 2 guy (Jason Adams) would be the ace on 90% of the teams out there. Old Card, you're right about teams tending to flame out, but that won't happen in Sinton. I want to say they've made the State Tournament like two of the last four years (somebody from Sinton help me out here) and have made a run deep into the playoffs every year since I can remember. Coach K won't let them flame out.

Wtx_coach
01-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Hey people dont forget about Pecos and Monahans, Monahans has thier ace pitcher coming back and 5 other starters and finished at number 6 in the polls and lost in the regional finals,and Pecos has been in the playoffs in 4A like 5 years in a row and made it to the regional semi like 4 years ago, they have 7 starters returning and they are always up with the best in west texas and thats including all classifications, Pecos has a good shot making it to austin this year, look out for the eagles.

District303aPastPlayer
01-06-2003, 03:14 AM
Sinton Pirates, enough said...
Alaniz and Adams...

sinton66
01-06-2003, 08:16 AM
If you look at the UIL records on their site, you should see that back to back titles in baseball are quite rare in any of the classifications. Sinton is one of the few that has ever done it in this state. They did it in '88 and '89. They ,of course, have a shot at doing it again this time, however, nothing should be taken for granted. The only thing I am prepared to guarantee is that Coach Kasprzyk will have the Pirates in top form and they will do their best to repeat.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Port Isabel will be a definite Region 4 "darkhorse". 7 starters returning, and only lost 1 pitcher off the pitching staff. They've been knocking on the door the past 2 to 3 years, but haven't had that breakthrough season yet. This year might be the year, though.

Soph. Orlando Ochoa will be a player to keep an eye on.

Hannibal
01-06-2003, 01:38 PM
When you talk about 3A baseball, one team comes to mind: SINTON.

Three reasons:
1. Classy coaches
2. Dedicated work ethic
3. Tradition

If you don't believe it, think about this: Coach K has only missed the playoffs ONCE since he arrived in Sinton in 1985.

Wtx_coach
01-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Hannibal:
When you talk about 3A baseball, one team comes to mind: SINTON.

Three reasons:
1. Classy coaches
2. Dedicated work ethic
3. Tradition

If you don't believe it, think about this: Coach K has only missed the playoffs ONCE since he arrived in Sinton in 1985.HEY SINTON FANS, I wouldnt mind seeing Sinton play Pecos, I have never seeing a pitcher really shut them down, Pecos hasnt gotten out east, but Pecos did play Wimberley last year, ask them people about them, I know they will remember!!

sinfan75
01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Sinton returns one pitcher that was 3A Player of the year,another pitcher that was the State Tourney MVP,if I'm not mistaken two other pitchers,and six other starters.I ain't gonna say they'll win the title again,but I damn sure wouldn't bet the farm that they don't!!

JTmoney
01-06-2003, 08:47 PM
I am from west texas and was wondering if anyone down south knows if the cuero baseball team will be any good this year. I saw them last year when they beat out port isabel. will they have anything coming back.

JTmoney
01-06-2003, 08:49 PM
I am from west texas and was wondering if anyone down south knows if the cuero baseball team will be any good this year. I saw them last year when they beat out port isabel. will they have anything coming back.

Old Green
01-06-2003, 10:48 PM
We will be down this year. Cuero was mostly a senior team. I believe we have 3 starters back.

Wtx_coach
01-06-2003, 11:14 PM
JTmoney:
I am from west texas and was wondering if anyone down south knows if the cuero baseball team will be any good this year. I saw them last year when they beat out port isabel. will they have anything coming back.hey JTMONEY, what town are you from, so were you a coach por isabel last year, well get back with me o.k

Hannibal
01-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Sinton75,
Don't forget about the 2nd baseman either. He is a fairly decent athlete: all state in football as a junior, all state second base as a junior, 3A defensive player of the year in football as a senior. What is he going to do in baseball this year? Pretty much whatever he wants.

For those of you who don't know, Sinton lost their starting cather and starting third baseman.

If they are not loaded, I don't know who is.

Phil C
01-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Sinton will be tough again next year. They lost two starters but last year they had good reserves and a good junior varsity team so the positions should be covered ok. An amusing incident happened last year at the state championship game. A couple of lady Lorena fans were at the Sinton - Abilene Wylie semi-final game that was played just before the Lorena - Forney semi game
and one of them asked me where Sinton was. I told her and the other Lady remarked "I haven't ever heard of those (Sinton players) guys." Sinton beat Abilene Wylie and Lorena lost a tough 2 -1 game to Forney in extra innings and then Sinton went on to beat Forney in the State Championship. I bet she knows who Sinton is now. :)

AP_OLB_1
01-08-2003, 08:21 PM
well for my team, (anahuac) we have a solid 1st base daniel wheeler, 2nd carlos delacuz 3rd everado teran and were lookin at his younger bro to play ss. pitchers me (jeb brashear) daniel wheeler, jeremy landry, eric goodmen. still dont have a catcher but we are workin on one rite now.. we have plenty of outfielders who can run but only one returning starter out there which is me... our 1st basemen batted around .400 last season and i think lead district in steals.. our 3rd basemen batted .333... as for pictures... im the only returning starter but daniel wheeler is gonna come up from a closer to be in the starting rotation

Bulldog03
01-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Panhandle teams arent really known to be good but there might be one. Borger, who moved down from 4a. This team has 12 seniors 11 which are starters but you know only nine can step on the field. 6 all district returners. They have two pitchers throwing around 90, then 3 others around 85, this summer they played all 4a and 5a teams and went 21-3(two of those losses were against Burk-Burnett and Edmond,OK which are college traveling Teams)they only have one under classman on the team. 4 players have already committed to colleges. So keep an eye on Borger