nojoke
11-22-2003, 09:34 PM
l seen bellvlle play this team is good

nojoke
11-22-2003, 09:36 PM
sorry bellville

shooootno15
11-22-2003, 11:28 PM
bellville can beat any 3a team in texas. and yes this includes burnet,gilmer or any of the other top teams in texas.

3afan2K3
11-22-2003, 11:30 PM
shooootno15:
bellville can beat any 3a team in texas. and yes this includes burnet,gilmer or any of the other top teams in texas.I guess they can beat the Ennis too and Arlington Lamar

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

shooootno15
11-22-2003, 11:31 PM
ennis isnt 3a......maybe u need to actually read what i say before u post something

3afan2K3
11-22-2003, 11:36 PM
shooootno15:
ennis isnt 3a......maybe u need to actually read what i say before u post somethingI did read it, I'm not stupid I know who is 4a and who is 3a

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 11:39 PM
shooootno15:
bellville can beat any 3a team in texas. and yes this includes burnet,gilmer or any of the other top teams in texas.Bellville is fielding a very good team this year, no doubt. But.....before you make such bold statements as, "they can beat Burnet, Gilmer, or any other top team" remember this. Bellville was beat by a team last year that was not supposed to accomplish anything.
I understand your enthusiasm, and I applaud your school spirit, but until you play (and you might very well play) Gilmer, I would keep my comments to a dull roar. You have not, nor will you play a team like Gilmer until you actually play Gilmer. Only then will all the chips be on the table, and it might be US who's holding the full house.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 11:41 PM
If you know who is 3a and who is 4a why post a 4a team when he clearly stated 3a teams?
And to answer your question Bellville would hold there own with most 4a teams!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-22-2003, 11:47 PM
I agree fully. . .Does anybody else see similarities between Marlin and Gilmer?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 11:47 PM
How many top 25 teams has Gilmer beat?
Bellville has played 3 in the top 25, 2 were in the top 12. Bellville in 12-0!
And yes we have played a team as good or better than Gilmer!

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 12:05 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
If you know who is 3a and who is 4a why post a 4a team when he clearly stated 3a teams?
And to answer your question Bellville would hold there own with most 4a teams!you just said it

MARLINFAN
11-23-2003, 12:06 AM
one more win and the classic rematch that a lot of people want to see will happen. bellville vs marlin round 2

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Hey Marlin fan, good chance it will happen, but lets dont get ahead of the boat, we still have to beat China spring, and yall have La Grange. We will worrie about week 3 of the play-offs first, then if we win, we will talk about our week 4 opponent.

afflac65
11-23-2003, 12:50 AM
bellville is a good team but not a great team. their is only 1 great team this year and that is burnett. the #2 ranking is great but that doesnt win a state title because their is still some teams that can play with bellville.

BuckeyeFan
11-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Gilmer has beat 2 top ten teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs:

Gilmer 43 Daingerfield 0
Gilmer 45 Celina 22

Not many teams can say that!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-23-2003, 02:21 AM
I would love nothing more than to see a Bellville and Gilmer final. Both teams have big games to win till then though.

CheerMom
11-23-2003, 03:27 AM
I think that Bellville is an outstanding team with great fans. I hope that our playoff dreams come true and we meet again in the semi-finals.
Good Luck to the Brahmas this week!!
Go Raiders!!!

cunbed10
11-23-2003, 03:53 AM
M A r L i N

cunbed10
11-23-2003, 03:53 AM
M A r L i N :D

Buckeye80
11-23-2003, 03:57 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Two is my answer! And the one that isn't in the top 25 (Jefferson) is still alive. You talk as much as you want! I'm not gonna' stoop down to your level. You, nor anyone you know, has seen Gilmer play this year, so who the Hell are you to cast dispersions on Gilmer's team capability. We will try like Hell to get there and meet you guys in the Big Dance!
And when we do (provided you get there), you better make for damn sure you're ready for a fight! Because everyone knows that y'all were just prayin' for a DII berth so you could avoid the teams you knew would kick your tails!

I hate doin' this, but some people force my hand. I like the boys to just play it out, but what can I do? I despise talking crap to people, but how many weeks do you people need before you take Gilmer seriously? I mean, how many other teams in this state are 12-0 and get questioned week after week? Y'all are eventually going to run out of weeks to say that we aren't worth consideration! And "Thank You" to the true believers out there!

If we beat Tatum this week, how many more believers will we have?

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Buckeye80 ]</small>

bbfan
11-23-2003, 09:54 AM
FYI - the boys were not praying for a DII berth they were hoping for DI knowing full well that to be the best you have to play the best.

Buckeye80
11-23-2003, 11:44 AM
bbfan:
FYI - the boys were not praying for a DII berth they were hoping for DI knowing full well that to be the best you have to play the best.Yeah, sorry about that! I just felt obligated to defend my Gilmer boys, and I fired the first ammunition that popped into my head! LOL :)

the_answer
11-23-2003, 12:15 PM
where is Gilmer

afflac65
11-23-2003, 12:23 PM
your right bellville is a good team. i have seen gilmer and rice consolidated play this bellville has problems against teams that have a powerful running team that why it is going to be very important for bellville to keep the ball and offense and score when the have the ball. if they play either one of these teams they wont have the ball as often as they are getting it now. if they do play one of these 2 teams they will have to use some trick plays for touchdowns like they did againts rice consolidated.

the_answer
11-23-2003, 12:33 PM
if trick plays work, then use them. why is using trick plays a problem for you, duck? anyway, i do not think bellville will make it much farther, not because they cannot stop a powerful running game, but because the last 2 years they have run out of gas in the playoffs- i think it will happen again in one of the next 2 weeks

Chupacabra
11-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Buckeye80:

FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Two is my answer! And the one that isn't in the top 25 (Jefferson) is still alive. You talk as much as you want! I'm not gonna' stoop down to your level. You, nor anyone you know, has seen Gilmer play this year, so who the Hell are you to cast dispersions on Gilmer's team capability. We will try like Hell to get there and meet you guys in the Big Dance!
And when we do (provided you get there), you better make for damn sure you're ready for a fight! Because everyone knows that y'all were just prayin' for a DII berth so you could avoid the teams you knew would kick your tails!

I hate doin' this, but some people force my hand. I like the boys to just play it out, but what can I do? I despise talking crap to people, but how many weeks do you people need before you take Gilmer seriously? I mean, how many other teams in this state are 12-0 and get questioned week after week? Y'all are eventually going to run out of weeks to say that we aren't worth consideration! And "Thank You" to the true believers out there!

If we beat Tatum this week, how many more believers will we have?Hey Buckeye, I think Former was actually asking the question, he didn't know the answer and wanted some information about Gilmer, I think you took it the wrong way, FBB doesn't talk trash.
I think everyone is aware now, if they weren't before, that Gilmer is for real, what they have done in the past two weeks is outstanding, but let's not take for granted anything (i.e. making it to state and playing Bellville,) because we all know a lot can happen between now and then.

And to add on to shooootno15's statement that Bellville can beat any 3A team in Texas, I think it's equally fair to say that any 3A team left in Texas can beat Bellville...and yes, we did find that out last year against Bandera. Trust me, the players and coaches that actually have an impact on who can beat who aren't looking at the state game just yet, they'll just concentrate on their next opponent, and take the playoffs one week at a time.

shooootno15
11-23-2003, 01:37 PM
hey afac.....shut the hell up already.....the rice/bellville game was a long time ago and bellvilles defense has gotten alot better since. i mean come on.....was that like week 4 when we played rice.....things change

shooootno15
11-23-2003, 01:41 PM
u cant just judge a team from one game like 7 weeks ago.

CheerMom
11-23-2003, 02:26 PM
On behalf of all the other Rice fans on this board, please ignore Afflac65. He obviously doesn't have a clue to what he is talking about.
This person gives us all a bad name. As far as my opinion, I think Bellville is a first class team with a bunch of great fans. Good Luck to you and hope to meet up with you again in a few weeks.
Go Raiders!!!

KL3
11-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Buckeye, why are you crying and whining about not getting respect? Shooootno15 put Gilmer and Burnet in the same group, talking about great teams. What else do you want?

And why are you even mentioning last year? You do know that this is a different season and a different team don't you?

You then tell him to "keep his comments to a dull roar" because he shouldn't be so confident about Bellville? Well aren't you acting the same way, saying "you have not, nor will you play a team like Gilmer until you actually play Gilmer."

Afflac, I'd quit talking, your making yourself sound like an idiot.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Ok...i'm going to have to question "the_answer". How can you base this Bellville team by it's past teams? Saying that they are going to burn out like the others was just an ignorant statement. Not to take anything away from the past teams, but this team as a whole is the mostt committed i have seen. And to afflac..you are just stupid and i wish you would quit posting on this topic. I think the defense has proved that they can stop the run. By you saying you were at the Bellville Sealy game you should know that. And not to take anything away from Rice because i'm sure they have improved too, but Bellvilles defense has improved grealy since that game. I can't wait for Kennedale to take out Gilmer.

venomous tat2
11-23-2003, 03:03 PM
bellville won't run out of gas this year if any thing they will run you out of the stadium. they have got more SPEED than anyone cares to know also they won't beat them selves and too they have a dam good passing attack a kicker that can go 45 plus yards on field goals.you will see the running game when the time comes i know this cause we played them and i have seen them in action. even though they aren't playing Burnet they have beat them twice
48 mins of HELL111

BrahmaMom
11-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Hey, tat2, I like your 48 minutes, we've got it covered. And we can go longer and harder if we go into overtime! You gonna be in Round Rock?

reptard7isCRAZY
11-23-2003, 03:11 PM
I agree with everything venom said...except i want to add somethin about the Burnet statement. They are a better team as well this year. Possibly the best in 3A. Bellville wanted badly to go D1 so that they could prove to people that they could hang with the #1 team in state. The past 2 wins do mean SOMETHING, but not that much.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 03:33 PM
I can only talk about Bellville, since I have seen them play all year. I have all the respect for Gilmer and from what I hear, they are really making some noise in east Texas. Don't know how people can compare teams from across the state. Some say I've seen so and so and they could beat your team. What was the level of competition? Was this team having a good night? Were they flat? Did they have any key players out with injuries? Bellville looked ok against Sealy, but looked unbeatable against Giddings. Do I think Bellville can win state? Yes, but then again, I've hadn't seen Gilmer, Marlin, China Spring etc. and I'm a little partial to my Brahmas

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

venomous tat2
11-23-2003, 03:43 PM
i won't make this one we are in a basketball tournament fri & sat.the man with the red mustache told me to tell you he'll be there on the 50 yrd line. he said nobody can hang with his brahmas gilmer or anybody, (marlin,kennendale,or even burnet if they had to play them.) and by the way, i met garett friday night at the game.

GIVE THEM 48 MINUTES OF HELL!!!

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey Venomous, tell that man with the red mustache, to go back with all red. I didn't like the red/white mustache. Why does Navasota let Bellville's No.1 fan live there? Nice talking to you at the last game.

venomous tat2
11-23-2003, 03:59 PM
if he moves to bellville i won't get any scouting reports on ya'll when we play ya'll. lol.he says when he wants to stay all nite in bellville he has a bed.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't listen to his scouting reports! He has been known to play tricks. Like he told me the Gidding's game was to be held in the Astrodome. He is a "Sly Devil" and yes he was spotted in Bellville last week.

afflac65
11-23-2003, 06:18 PM
hey listen here everybody i am not a rice raider fan and i am just a football anaylist just stating facts that i have seen on the field. you dont have to agree with me but i would never degrade any football team personally. my opinions are based on experience on what it takes a state championship not just to make it to the playoffs.
for some football programs are improving and are starting to make the playoffs but to the other good teams who are expecting to go all the way that is my anaylis of their team. ask me about any team left in the playoffs i will tell you. i am neutral in my opinions.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Mr. Afflac, I would like your top 5 (3a) running backs, that you have seen play in this area. I will then give you mine.

afflac65
11-23-2003, 08:37 PM
the top runnings backs in division 2 since that almost what i have seen this year.
#1--micheal spears ----rice consolidated
#2--charles huffman----rice consolidated tied with harold runnels----bellville hope i got his name right
#4 ROBERT ZAJICEK----ganado (2A)
#5--that running back from sealy cant remember his name right now.
i know you said 3a but that football player from ganado is something special to watch..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Your #1 and #2 from Rice, and you say your not a Rice fan, and you live in the Rice school district? There are 16 teams left in D2,the way it sounds you have seen them all play!
Your still saying Bellville's D is just average?
You need to listen to your fellow posters in Rice and shut up!!!!!

afflac65
11-23-2003, 09:29 PM
hey dont get mad at me you ask my opinion just because i didnt pick bellville having the #1 running back. thats my picks. now if you would have ask me who has the best quarterback that i have seen that would be bellvilles quarterback.
bellville has the best place kicker in 3a ball with accuracy and definitely the range. see i do give bellville prompts but you ask me about runnings backs thats all....

afflac65
11-23-2003, 09:31 PM
let me ask you a question who do you think has the best defense left in the playoff 3a division 2.

Buckeye80
11-23-2003, 10:39 PM
KL3:
Buckeye, why are you crying and whining about not getting respect? Shooootno15 put Gilmer and Burnet in the same group, talking about great teams. What else do you want?

And why are you even mentioning last year? You do know that this is a different season and a different team don't you?

You then tell him to "keep his comments to a dull roar" because he shouldn't be so confident about Bellville? Well aren't you acting the same way, saying "you have not, nor will you play a team like Gilmer until you actually play Gilmer."

Afflac, I'd quit talking, your making yourself sound like an idiot.Yeah, you're right! Your argument was concise and right on target. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read my mindless rambling. Thank you for pointing out my whiny behavior.
I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to be mentioned in the same breath with Burnet. After all, the 12-0 record is probably a fluke anyway. Don't worry though! We will be exposed as frauds once Tatum thoroughly stomps us into the ground. Again, thank you for pointing out my shortcomings to everyone, myself included. I will strive harder in the future to be just like you. wink

afflac65
11-23-2003, 11:23 PM
WHO REALLY CARES WHAT YOUR RECORD IS ONCE YOU MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THAT ALL THAT COUNTS. BEING
12-O OR 10-0 IS A NICE RECORD BUT IT DOESNT WIN YOU A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. YOU HAVE TO STILL PLAY THE GAME ONE PLAY AT A TIME.

WinnRRfan
11-24-2003, 11:59 AM
What kind of team does Bellville have. From what I've heard they seem to be a power team. Do they have any speed?

WinnRRfan
11-24-2003, 12:02 PM
afflac65:
the top runnings backs in division 2 since that almost what i have seen this year.
#2--charles huffman----rice consolidated tied with harold runnels----bellville hope i got his name right
i know you said 3a but that football player from ganado is something special to watch..If Andrew Hines frin gilmer would have been healthy all year, he'd be in that group, too. He's healthy now, and gave a glimpse of what he can do against Celina.

Bongo
11-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Bellville is versatile. They can run it through you, run it around you, pass it over you, and kick it through you.

On defense they are quick, not that big, but very aggressive. Their defense was vulnerable to the run early in the year, but they've proven in recent weeks they can stop the run.

It's a well-coached team that does not make many mistakes.

Bull's-eye
11-24-2003, 12:57 PM
afflac65:
i know you said 3a but that football player from ganado is something special to watch..Where is Crew?
Here's mine, remember these are ones that I have watched in person.
1. C. Huffman of Rice (very dangerous, tough & fast)
2. Chris Smith of Navasota (big runner with speed)
3. H. Runnels of Bellville (very hard to bring down) Last year vs. Fairfield, he carried several runners on his back for 10 yds and made a crucial first down.
4. Andrus of Sealy (very dangerous in the open field)
5. Jamal Williams of Rockdale (very dangerous)

Bellville22
11-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Bellville is a very good football team. They have the talent to beat any team on any given night. However, so do several other teams in the state. All this talk about Bellville/Gilmer is great, I'm sure it'd be a battle, but both teams have a LONG way to go.

Right now, I am concerned only with China Springs. If Bellville can get past that, they will have the Marlin/LG winner, probably Marlin, who has been waiting an entire year to play the Bellville Brahmas.

This is high school football, if you haven't learned to take it one game at a time, then you don't understand the beauty of this game.

Go Bellville, Beat China Springs... it is the ONLY team I'm concerned with right now.

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Bellville22:
Bellville is a very good football team. They have the talent to beat any team on any given night. However, so do several other teams in the state. All this talk about Bellville/Gilmer is great, I'm sure it'd be a battle, but both teams have a LONG way to go.

Right now, I am concerned only with China Springs. If Bellville can get past that, they will have the Marlin/LG winner, probably Marlin, who has been waiting an entire year to play the Bellville Brahmas.

This is high school football, if you haven't learned to take it one game at a time, then you don't understand the beauty of this game.

Go Bellville, Beat China Springs... it is the ONLY team I'm concerned with right now.You're absolutely right! That other guy just got on my nerves a little with the "crying and whining" comment.
I know that we are getting some respect this year, but inevitably, people (probably just out to get a reaction) will post things like, "I still don't believe Gilmer is that good!" or "Let me see how they do next week, and I'll believe!". Eventually, people on this board may run out of weeks to decide if the Buckeyes are THAT GOOD! Let's just hope we have a few more weeks of football in us. wink

afflac65
11-24-2003, 03:05 PM
this is something for thought we have alot of teams still in the playoffs that can score alot of points. i am asking you the reader who do you think has the best defense still in the division 2 playoff picture.

My pick is #1--Marlin
#2--bellville
#3--rice consolidated tied with
gilmer

these defenses are very close. like to know your
picks on this thank you.......

the tigers are back
11-24-2003, 06:56 PM
no.1 Rice
no.2 Lagrange
no.3 Bellville
These are the teams that i have seen played this year.

afflac65
11-24-2003, 07:14 PM
i would like ask your viewers this question to a reponse i got from a bellville game at the bellville huffman game last week.

I ask this gentlemen do you think since bellville is ranked #2 in the state and are now 12-0 that you are going to win the state championship.

He answered.. yes their is nobody that can beat us and all of those other schools are 2nd rate and have no class.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Quit starting crap, nobody from Bellville would of said that. Your an idiot, just shut up.