PDA

View Full Version : 3A Baseball State Tourny @ Disch Faulk

bccards
04-26-2008, 11:08 AM
all other games played @ Dell Diamond.. Wonder what the UIL's reasoning on this is... I'd rather it be in Round Rock with all the other games. Wasn't it done like that last year?

sinton66
04-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bccards
all other games played @ Dell Diamond.. Wonder what the UIL's reasoning on this is... I'd rather it be in Round Rock with all the other games. Wasn't it done like that last year?

The entire tourney was at Dell Diamond last year because Disch-Faulk was undergoing a makeover. 1A thru 3A are normally at Disch-Faulk.

Panther One
04-26-2008, 11:18 AM
They should move everything to Round Rock. Astroturf sucks.

c-town_balla
04-26-2008, 11:23 AM
it rotates yearly with who plays at Disch Faulk....two years ago it was just 4a

bccards
04-26-2008, 11:34 AM
That's what I thought, it all worked out fine last year all @ Round Rock, I know that in the past, they usually rotate the teams that played at Disch Faulk, but that turf is NOT Baseball, so it doesn't make for a realistic game imo. ONLY 3A will be @ Disch Faulk, so that's annoying! I agree, ALL Games should be @ Dell Diamond.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Game should start later in day since its only 3a playing?

sinton66
04-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I would prefer the split venue if the UIL would make all games thurs-sat. The lower classes usually get stuck in the middle of the week. Kinda hard to get the fans there.

g$$
04-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
They should move everything to Round Rock. Astroturf sucks.

Agreed. The weird thing is Texas has renovated (very nice when done) the Disch & kept the old turf because Augie likes the home field advantage. How's that working out now? It's not only turf, it is old school turf & not field turf. Horrible field surface.

I would prefer all State Tourney games be at Dell Diamond in RR.

sinton66
04-26-2008, 05:46 PM
The only problem with holding them all at Dell Diamond is they have to work around the Express schedule.

NastySlot
04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
thats easy....its just a weekend road series for them.

g$$
04-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The only problem with holding them all at Dell Diamond is they have to work around the Express schedule.

Very true, but it can be done if they work it out in advance (think Spurs with Rodeo, etc.). My disdain for DF has nothing to do with UT. The turf just blows & no one likes playing on turf anymore. Plus it is tough for kids to play on it with no experience (much faster, higher bounces). I have seen games change because of it & that should not happen at the State Tourney.

I saw it hurt Texas 2 years ago vs. Stanford in Regional. Nick Peoples broke his nose & almost lost his head too. And Texas practices/plays on it daily.