PDA

View Full Version : I know most of you think TexAgs is a bunch of crap...

HippoBaseball05
04-26-2008, 12:59 AM
....but there is a poster over there that is downright scary.

Brief overview:

Gene Short is a new poster that is a supposed 'sock*'.

*a 'sock' is an account created by a person to claim allegience to a school diferent from their own to run smack.

Anyway, Gene is a supposed t-sip. He has made no less than five predictions on Aggie baseball recently. Every one has come back to bite him in the butt as soon as he posts a thread about it.

Check game 1 versus Mizzou tonight as evidence:

http://texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=6&days=2

His best work was the game three meltdown versus Baylor. As soon as Baylor put up three in the bottom of the eigth to go ahead 12-6 he spoke up. We all know how that ended up.

Anyway, I'm not tired yet and thought it would be good for a laugh. If you type his name in the 'search' box you'll see the idiocy this guy rains down. I hope he stays around forever.

:D

Panther One
04-26-2008, 01:12 AM
I never visit the rivalries board, but that's kind of funny. Even had the Baylor fan/sock chiming in. Eventually we will lose a game and gene will be all over it.

g$$
04-26-2008, 01:15 AM
1st I have heard of it. I visit just to read the articles & get some info. I don't post & never have. Sounds like a piece of work. Thanks for fyi.

Phil C
04-26-2008, 08:58 AM
I am surprised they haven't kicked him off. I once tried to post something about one of their fine exes that is a friend of mine that had passed away that played football for them in the late 60s and they wouldn't even let me register probably because I admited I was a UT fan and my intentions were complimentary. I have heard they usually kick off any UT fans very quickly.

Panther One
04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am surprised they haven't kicked him off. I once tried to post something about one of their fine exes that is a friend of mine that had passed away that played football for them in the late 60s and they wouldn't even let me register probably because I admited I was a UT fan and my intentions were complimentary. I have heard they usually kick off any UT fans very quickly.
I don't think it had anything to do with you being a UT fan. Probably just a glitch in the registration process. There are numerous UT fans that are regulars on TexAgs...some even subscribing to the recruiting service. Opposing fans that get the boot are the ones who register just to stir up crap. There's more leeway for opposing fans on the rivalries board, but you'll often see some who register and immediately start talking crap on the other boards. That'll get you banned.

HippoBaseball05
04-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I don't think it had anything to do with you being a UT fan. Probably just a glitch in the registration process. There are numerous UT fans that are regulars on TexAgs...some even subscribing to the recruiting service. Opposing fans that get the boot are the ones who register just to stir up crap. There's more leeway for opposing fans on the rivalries board, but you'll often see some who register and immediately start talking crap on the other boards. That'll get you banned.

Exactly right.

TexAgs Rivalries board was created specifically for the purpose of keeping crap off of the 'legitimate' boards. You have to really try to get banned over there.