PDA

View Full Version : West Texas Picks Week 6

Wtx_coach
10-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Denver City at Lamesa- This is going to be a intresting ball game, Dc is coming in with momentum and Lamesa is down, have to go with DC by 3

Merkel at Seminole- this game right here to me is going to decide the number 3 spot in this distirct, Seminole has been a suprise but they might be a year away, Merkel by 10

Sweetwater at Snyder - Intresting game here, Snyder is improving and sweetwater is on a rool but still iffy at times, im going with the mustangs by 10

Pecos at Kermit-Pecos was to be a dominant team this year, most people had them ranked high in the district and region 1, but the eagels have been struggling this year at 1-4, im still going with the eagels on this one by 14, and still picking them to finish second.

Greenwood vs. Monahans- Greenwood will run all over Monahans on this one, just like they have all year long to everyone else, Rangers by 24

heck
10-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Can't disagree with you but who are your picks for district 3 if Merkel is no. 3? Also, Greenwood hasn't exactly blown their opponents away this year have they?

Wtx_coach
10-08-2002, 04:56 PM
heck:
Can't disagree with you but who are your picks for district 3 if Merkel is no. 3? Also, Greenwood hasn't exactly blown their opponents away this year have they?No greenwood hasnt blown their opponent away, I didnt mean that, but they have ran the ball all ober their opponent, thats what i meant, sorry or not making that clear. Oh yea my picks for district 3 are Sweetwater, Snyder and Merkel

wildstangs
10-08-2002, 06:24 PM
Lamesa by 10

Merkel by 3

Sweetwater 7

Pecos by 7

Greenwood by 21

tors2002
10-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Wtx_coach:
Denver City at Lamesa- This is going to be a intresting ball game, Dc is coming in with momentum and Lamesa is down, have to go with DC by 3

Merkel at Seminole- this game right here to me is going to decide the number 3 spot in this distirct, Seminole has been a suprise but they might be a year away, Merkel by 10

Sweetwater at Snyder - Intresting game here, Snyder is improving and sweetwater is on a rool but still iffy at times, im going with the mustangs by 10

Pecos at Kermit-Pecos was to be a dominant team this year, most people had them ranked high in the district and region 1, but the eagels have been struggling this year at 1-4, im still going with the eagels on this one by 14, and still picking them to finish second.

Greenwood vs. Monahans- Greenwood will run all over Monahans on this one, just like they have all year long to everyone else, Rangers by 24Lamesa over DC by 17

Greenwood over Monahans by 31

Seminole over Merkel by 15

Pecos over Kermit by 21

Sweetwater over Snyder by 17

I pick Sweetwater, Lamesa, and Seminole for the playoffs. Probably be a coin toss for the 2nd and 3rd spots between Lamesa, Seminole, Merkel, and Snyder. [ :) ]

tors2002
10-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Lamesa has 7 starters that are or have been injured so far this year. Don't know how many will be back for the start of district. Two of them are having season ending surgeries on their knees (DE and RB).

tors2002
10-09-2002, 07:43 AM
Just getting it back up top.

wildstangs
10-09-2002, 09:14 AM
tors2002:
Lamesa has 7 starters that are or have been injured so far this year. Don't know how many will be back for the start of district. Two of them are having season ending surgeries on their knees (DE and RB).Sorry to head about that. We dont play until the 25th, so maybe they will be back.

tors2002
10-09-2002, 10:55 AM
The starting RB Clement, Sr. and DE Maxwell, Jr. are out for season with knee injuries and having surgery. Maxwell ahs definitely hurt because he is big, tall, and fast. Should be back next year. 4 of them should be back this week. One of them that has started since his soph. year decided that he didn't want to play this year. It should be a good game but I would expect that it will take a miracle game to pull off the win against ya'll.

Wtx_coach
10-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Hey Tors whats going on, I heard you guys had 6 turnovers against Monahans, man that will get you beat agianst any team, so Tors, how is Monahans, are they a decent team, I hear they are small, do you think they will make the playoffs, get back with me o.k.

tors2002
10-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Lamesa lost 4 fumbles and threw 2 INT against Monahans and still only lost by 10. Monahans is decent but Pecos should beat them. Not very impressed with Monahans, they just caught Lamesa on another very off night. This week at practice the Tor Coaching Staff has really got after them.

Yes, Monahans will make the playoffs along with Greenwood and Pecos. Not much other choice in that District. Sorry but true with one team defaulting.