PDA

View Full Version : Astros win 6th in a row

Bull Butter
04-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Down 0-2 going into the 9th and score 3 off Izzy.

Nice of Cooper to give the intentional pass to Pujols and not let him beat them

Vrabird
04-26-2008, 12:06 AM
They have been beat TOO many times by Pujols to let him bat in tha situation, great win Astros!!

zebrablue2
04-26-2008, 12:07 AM
back to the .500 mark. very sweet win indeed.:2thumbsup:

44INAROW
04-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Keep up the good work Astros........ :2thumbsup

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
That was fun. Now .500 @ 12-12.

Izzy is never easy, but after 1 out, give credit to Erstad 1B /Tejada 3B / Berkman sac fly, then Lee w/ a solo HR.

Valverde seems to have settled in. Fastball has more late life & throwing more splits & a few sliders/cutters too.

Chacon is charged w/ 1 ER (2 R total). What did I miss? Blum made error on bases loaded 2 out roller w/ errant flip to 2nd in 1st inning. 2 runs scored. Both not unearned? Must be ruling by official scorer that runner at 2nd was going to be safe anyway, so 1 of runs is earned. Anybody know for sure?

Good win for Astros. Ags came back to win too so I'm a happy baseball fan tonight.

Vrabird
04-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I have got tickets to next Saturday's game against the Brewers. Hope to see the win streak continue.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
They have been beat TOO many times by Pujols to let him bat in tha situation, great win Astros!!

Exactly, Coop was emphatic w/ 4 fingers up quickly huh? Like to see his passion. People forget just how good of a player Coop was in his day. Career #s are very good & a bunch of All-Star games. MVP one year too I believe. Good ol' Brenham boy (actually Independence) doing a fine job.

Panther One
04-26-2008, 12:29 AM
They changed the ruling on Blum's play to a hit and an error, although if he doesn't struggle to get it out of his glove and gives Matsui a clean flip, I think they might have had him. I guess the official scorer decided that a good feed still wouldn't have got the runner, which it wouldn't have, but the initial error was Blum struggling with the transfer to the throwing hand.

After watching the Ags with an amzing comeback, and with the Spurs in control of their game, the Astros comeback made it a pretty good night.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
They changed the ruling on Blum's play to a hit and an error, although if he doesn't struggle to get it out of his glove and gives Matsui a clean flip, I think they might have had him. I guess the official scorer decided that a good feed still wouldn't have got the runner, which it wouldn't have, but the initial error was Blum struggling with the transfer to the throwing hand.

After watching the Ags with an amzing comeback, and with the Spurs in control of their game, the Astros comeback made it a pretty good night.

Gotcha on ruling. Hometown scorer right there. If Blum gets ball out of glove & comes up immediately he gets an out IMO too. Iffy ruling for Chacon, who pitched well besides BBs. He has been a pleasant surprise. Overall, pitching has been pretty good.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
I have got tickets to next Saturday's game against the Brewers. Hope to see the win streak continue.

We're supposed to go next Friday. Mesh jersey night & of course fireworks. Hope it works out. I'm 1-1 so far on season when attending!

Panther One
04-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Gotcha on ruling. Hometown scorer right there. If Blum gets ball out of glove & comes up immediately he gets an out IMO too. Iffy ruling for Chacon, who pitched well besides BBs. He has been a pleasant surprise. Overall, pitching has been pretty good.
Chacon has five quality starts, but has yet to earn a decision. Reliever Wesley Wright, on the other hand, besides being another pleasant surprise has pitched just over seven innings and picked up his third win in relief tonight.

g$$
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Chacon has five quality starts, but has yet to earn a decision. Reliever Wesley Wright, on the other hand, besides being another pleasant surprise has pitched just over seven innings and picked up his third win in relief tonight.

Baseball is a funny game, huh? Guy on tv compared it to Juan Agosto back in 1980 picking up wins like Wright has. I like Wright's upside. Slider is dirty & he's so young.

We have 12 wins, & closer Valverde has 3 & Wright 3. Figure that out! Crazy game & why we love it.

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Going for 7 this afternoon. Let's Go Astros!

I'll be watching this and the draft, then later I'll watch the Rockets.

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Anybody realize that Houston still hasn't had their opening day projected lineup on the field at one time yet? It's pretty amazing.

Antec
04-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Guess they are trying to break the Rockets record of 22

Not in our lifetime- or any one's elses

Gobbla2001
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
I agree with the pitching... hopefully they can keep that end of the game up, because the bats will be there...