PDA

View Full Version : Let Go!!

trojan37
04-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't know if anyone saw this last week when the Rockies played the Astros, but Scott Podsednik(from West:D ) knocked out one of the panels in the left field wall catching a fly ball. Sure to make a future blooper reel.

Podsednik gets stuck! (http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl_3_1.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1984.v10869d.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1984/10869/v0001/mlb2003.download.akamai.com/10869/2008/open/mlbam/2008/04/18/rth_colhou_160823_400K.wmv&pid=mlb_rth&gid=2008/04/18/colmlb-houmlb-1&mid=200804182548408&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_rth400&v=3&id=652915)

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I don't know if anyone saw this last week when the Rockies played the Astros, but Scott Podsednik(from West:D ) knocked out one of the panels in the left field wall catching a fly ball. Sure to make a future blooper reel.

Podsednik gets stuck! (http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl_3_1.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1984.v10869d.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1984/10869/v0001/mlb2003.download.akamai.com/10869/2008/open/mlbam/2008/04/18/rth_colhou_160823_400K.wmv&pid=mlb_rth&gid=2008/04/18/colmlb-houmlb-1&mid=200804182548408&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_rth400&v=3&id=652915)

Was he one of the players for West that sent Wylie packing in like 2000 or 2001? Wylie went to West for the first game and won it. Then West came to Wylie and thumped us twice and I think they went on and won state that year. I just remember they had a Freshman pitcher that year that was a stud.

trojan37
04-25-2008, 11:41 PM
No, he wasn't on that squad. I remember the year you're talking about though. The first game was played in Waco, where West absolutely got drilled, then went on to drill Abilene in 2 in Abilene. I don't remember who the pitcher was that year, but Podsednik was already in the minors, right out of high school. He was a pitcher in high school though.

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 11:53 PM
No, he wasn't on that squad. I remember the year you're talking about though. The first game was played in Waco, where West absolutely got drilled, then went on to drill Abilene in 2 in Abilene. I don't remember who the pitcher was that year, but Podsednik was already in the minors, right out of high school. He was a pitcher in high school though.

I remember that year they won state, they finished 3rd in their district behind China Springs and somebody else. I remember thinking they play some pretty serious Bball around Waco.

trojan37
04-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I remember that year they won state, they finished 3rd in their district behind China Springs and somebody else. I remember thinking they play some pretty serious Bball around Waco.

West actually had a rematch with CS to see who would go to the state tourney that year. Both coaches decided on a 1 gamer instead of 2 out of 3, and West blew their pants out of the water. CS won it the next year.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Podsednik was drafted out of HS by the Rangers right? He's been around a while. I was watching the game last week when this happened. Pretty weird & glad he didn't get hurt.

Does he still have family around West? Come around much anymore? He is still fast, but at one time he was VERY fast. We used to hit that bakery in West when I played ball at Hill JC. Good stuff.

trojan37
04-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Podsednik was drafted out of HS by the Rangers right? He's been around a while. I was watching the game last week when this happened. Pretty weird & glad he didn't get hurt.

Does he still have family around West? Come around much anymore? He is still fast, but at one time he was VERY fast. We used to hit that bakery in West when I played ball at Hill JC. Good stuff.

Yes, he was drafted out of high school by the Rangers and went straight to the bottom. When Bobby Witt was with the Marlins, Podsednik and another minor leaguer were sent to Florida in a trade to bring Witt back to the Rangers. He ended up on a short stint back in the Rangers organization, then went on to Seattle where he got his first playing time in the Majors, before going back down. Ned Yost with the Mariners saw his ability, that's when he was invited to Milwaukee's camp, and has been up since. I don't know if you remember this, but Nolan Ryan had a coaching stint with TCU at one time. When Podsednik was in high school he got a call at home one night from Ryan, trying to get him into TCU. He turned it down, and spent 7 years in the minors before ever making it to the big leagues.

g$$
04-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Yes, he was drafted out of high school by the Rangers and went straight to the bottom. When Bobby Witt was with the Marlins, Podsednik and another minor leaguer were sent to Florida in a trade to bring Witt back to the Rangers. He ended up on a short stint back in the Rangers organization, then went on to Seattle where he got his first playing time in the Majors, before going back down. Ned Yost with the Mariners saw his ability, that's when he was invited to Milwaukee's camp, and has been up since. I don't know if you remember this, but Nolan Ryan had a coaching stint with TCU at one time. When Podsednik was in high school he got a call at home one night from Ryan, trying to get him into TCU. He turned it down, and spent 7 years in the minors before ever making it to the big leagues.

Good info. He paid his dues & made it. Used to date a Playboy centerfold girl too I believe. Guess he has done OK!

That's when Nolan Ryan was helping Lance Brown at TCU when Reid Ryan transferred there (started out at Texas). Reid was an over-achiever type, worked hard but just a decent college player. Rangers drafted him late as favor to Nolan, but that didn't last long. Reid has done very well in business & running the minor league clubs (RR & CC) with brother Reese & others. Nolan used to throw BP & stuff at TCU. Good story, but Pods ended up in the Show. Probably no regrets.

trojan37
04-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Good info. He paid his dues & made it. Used to date a Playboy centerfold girl too I believe. Guess he has done OK!

That's when Nolan Ryan was helping Lance Brown at TCU when Reid Ryan transferred there (started out at Texas). Reid was an over-achiever type, worked hard but just a decent college player. Rangers drafted him late as favor to Nolan, but that didn't last long. Reid has done very well in business & running the minor league clubs (RR & CC) with brother Reese & others. Nolan used to throw BP & stuff at TCU. Good story, but Pods ended up in the Show. Probably no regrets.

He married that Playboy centerfold. Her name is Lisa Dergan, and she's also on Fox Sports, and she's from Texas. What a babe!

g$$
04-29-2008, 07:07 AM
He married that Playboy centerfold. Her name is Lisa Dergan, and she's also on Fox Sports, and she's from Texas. What a babe!

That's the one & agreed. Where is she from originally?