PDA

View Full Version : Spent the day...

pirate4state
04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
at the turn left races in Kingsville today. :D Regional meets are always fun!!! It was overcast & windy so the weather was MUCH better than I expected. Whew....

Sinton's Trent Hessletine is headed back to Austin. He won the high jump. Congrats Trent!! :clap:

CoCo Cave placed 6th in the girl's triple jump. West Oso girl (sorry, don't remember her name) won and another WO girl won shot put??

Sinton's 2x200 & 4x400 relays (girls) both advanced to the finals. Of the two relays the 4x400 has the best chance to advance to state. They turned in the 2nd best time right behind West Oso who we beat at district. That relay will be EXCITING tomorrow. GOOD LUCK LADY PIRATES!!!

Cuero boys did well. I think they qualified all their relays. I didn't stay for the boys mile relay.

Aransas Pass' Jacoby Williams had a strong showing in prelims today. Good Luck tomorrow.

Good luck to all the participants tomorrow.

Anyone else going??

Vrabird
04-25-2008, 11:30 PM
How high did Trent jump to win the high jump?

pirate4state
04-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
How high did Trent jump to win the high jump?

I think he won it with 6'5 and then tried 6'11 (for a record, maybe?) and didn't get it. I don't understand the rules for high jump. :confused: I know he's cleared higher than that this year though.

44INAROW
04-26-2008, 12:16 AM
thanks for the updates Rita...... (CoCo Cave - what a cool name) If anyone goes and finds out how Kareon did (Discus) - please post.... thanks
;) I'll hopefully be getting results during the day and I'll try to post what I find out. I am anxious to see how our girl hurlers do.. Good Luck Kendra and Emily!

Here are a few results from Friday.. Not sure how often the administrator will get updates - but gobblersports.com will have updates posted (as rec'd)

Update

Brent Johnson 1st - long jump 23'

Isaiah Glover 3rd - long jump 21'9"

Girls 4x100 qualified for finals -2nd

Boys 4x100 " " " - 1st (42.6)

kepdawg
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think he won it with 6'5 and then tried 6'11 (for a record, maybe?) and didn't get it. I don't understand the rules for high jump. :confused: I know he's cleared higher than that this year though.

You have to jump over the bar! Whoever jumps over when the bar is highest wins!

bandera7
04-26-2008, 12:41 AM
I know that going into the finals we have...

Ben Halloran, 300 hurdles (I think he is going in at second)

Franklin Brown, 100, 200 (I think he is also second in both)

Maybe cole hicks in open 400?

4x400 comes in at fastest time, not sure what though...

Halloran might also be in the 110's, not positive

pirate4state
04-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You have to jump over the bar! Whoever jumps over when the bar is highest wins! Duh, I'm sorry Mr. Take everything so literal!! What I MEANT was I don't understand how you go from 6'5 all the way to 6'11. It makes more sense to ME to try and clear 6'6, 6'7, 6'8, etc....Sorry.

bandera7 - I remember hearing the Hicks name yesterday. I think the 4x200 relay (boys) were DQ'd. That was a tough break b/c I think your guys were in the lead at the time (in their heat). Bad day for some of the Bandera kids. :( Hope they have better luck today.

It's been raining all morning. Forecast calls for rain off & on. Hope it doesn't cause too big of a problem.

pirate4state
04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Early rain delayed all events an hour, but after the rain cleared it was a beautiful day!!! :)

Coco Cave placed 2nd in high jump today and punched her ticket to State!!! WOO HOO COCO!!! :cheerl: Gonzales girl won 1st. Coco cleared 5'2 on her first attempt and the Gonzales girl cleared on her last attempt. They traded misses on 5'3 on the 1st attempt, but the Gonzales cleared in her 2nd attempt and Coco kept hitting that darn barn with her back foot. West Oso girl got 3rd.

Sinton's 4x400 relay wrecked today!!! I'm so proud of them!!! :clap: :clap: I'm so happy for our coach. They overcame a runner in a lane and another runner trying to knock our anchor off the track, but in the end she had the last laugh. ;) GREAT RACE!!! :2thumbsup

Cuero boys won Regionals---again :rolleyes: ;) j/k -- they did GREAT & I always enjoy watching them compete!!!

West Oso girls won Regionals!!! Good job Ladies.

Best of luck to all participants at State!!! Enjoy your victories!! :kiss: