PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou vs. A&M baseball...

g$$
04-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Big series, both are top 10 teams & @ CS this weekend.

Friday night so far:

Mizzou 8
A&M 1
top 6th

...A&M getting outhit 13-3 as well; Mizzou's ace Crow is tough

Hope the Ags can somehow win the series & keep the pace. This one is not looking too hopeful.

(hey Injured - is that objective enough for you? You obviously have no clue based on what you said in your thread. I post the good & bad on EVERYBODY.)

g$$
04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
8-2 Mizzou going to 7th.

A&M left bases juiced when Colligan went down looking. Bullard's Brodie Greene should be starting in LF over Ben Feltner, I know that. Greene is just a better player. Feltner is fast, but you can't steal 1st & his avg./OB% is abysmal. Greene is fine defensively as well.

g$$
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
8-3 Mizzou in 7th

Ags have 2nd & 3rd, no outs & Crow just came out of game.

May have dug too big of a hole, we'll see (Baylor repeat maybe?)

Hope so.

g$$
04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Look out...

8-6 Mizzou after Brian Ruggiano hits 2-run HR.

And then, of course, Feltner tries to bunt way on & makes 3rd out.

Back in ballgame.

going to 8th

NastySlot
04-25-2008, 09:41 PM
8-7 in lighting delay

g$$
04-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Seriously, lightning or lighting probs? Bad weather in CS tonight?

Greene scored 7th run. He's 1-1 w/ a walk & run scored since entering game for Gonzalez & Ruggiano moved to C.

NastySlot
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Seriously, lightning or lighting probs? Bad weather in CS tonight?

Greene scored 7th run. He's 1-1 w/ a walk & run scored since entering game for Gonzalez & Ruggiano moved to C.

my son is on the ground crew and maybe i miss understood him...thought he said lightning. I will text him.

NastySlot
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
my spelling was wrong...sorry..i get in a hurry sometimes...he just texted me and said lightning...with storms all around c.s.

g$$
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Seriously, I wasn't being the spelling nazi, just didn't know which one it was. I'm following on GT.

Tell him to tell Leo & Craig hello! Good guys.

g$$
04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
8-7 Mizzou bottom 9th

Ags have 1st & 2nd, no outs & Ruggiano up...

g$$
04-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Tied 8-8

Ruggiano doubled

Now 2nd & 3rd & still no outs

Whoop!

g$$
04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Int. walk to load bases

A&M wins on a balk, no details yet.

Wow. Down 8-1 against Mizzou ace/All-Big 12 pitcher & come back to win. This team never quits.

9-8 Final Aggies win!

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
great comeback ags. way to go...

Panther One
04-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Awesome game. I hope we can take one of the next two to take the series.

Bull Butter
04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Sounds like it was a great game. Way to go, Ags!:clap:

NastySlot
04-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Awesome game. I hope we can take one of the next two to take the series.

if my memory is correct...missouri doesn't have that great a record with the third games in series.......so i like our chances of at least getting a split over the final two days.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
if my memory is correct...missouri doesn't have that great a record with the third games in series.......so i like our chances of at least getting a split over the final two days.

Sunday's game is on FSN tv @ 1:00 PM, fyi. Your memory is right so we'll see, probably Ehlert for us.

(Slot: hope you got my message, I was seriously asking about weather or light problems on delay, not anything else earlier. Thanks.)

NastySlot
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sunday's game is on FSN tv @ 1:00 PM, fyi. Your memory is right so we'll see, probably Ehlert for us.

(Slot: hope you got my message, I was seriously asking about weather or light problems on delay, not anything else earlier. Thanks.)

oh i got it and i went back and read it...i wasn't offended...i will admit i am a terrible typist and speller.....i wasn't offended....between you and panther one.....thanks for all the inside scoop on aggie athletics.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:29 AM
oh i got it and i went back and read it...i wasn't offended...i will admit i am a terrible typist and speller.....i wasn't offended....between you and panther one.....thanks for all the inside scoop on aggie athletics.

Thanks. Gametracker is fine but I did not know what delay was, no audio. Could not watch live video feed on this computer.

Texas vs. Texas A&M this Wed. in softball on ESPNU (6:00 PM) as well. We need that .5 pt. for LSS as it has gotten close. Tomorrow vs. NEB is on CSTV as well @ 12:30 PM.

NastySlot
04-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks. Gametracker is fine but I did not know what delay was, no audio. Could not watch live video feed on this computer.

Texas vs. Texas A&M this Wed. in softball on ESPNU (6:00 PM) as well. We need that .5 pt. for LSS as it has gotten close.

remember a few weeks ago someone posted the horns should get the points in track....they might want to check out how good both aggie track teams are doing....the athletic program is becoming very competitive all around......don't want to count points before we get them....but wednesday should go our way.

Panther One
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Texas vs. Texas A&M this Wed. in softball on ESPNU (6:00 PM) as well. We need that .5 pt. for LSS as it has gotten close.
Lady Ag golfers are currently 2nd behind oSu at the Big 12 tourny. We trail by 12 strokes. The Horns are fourth, 6 strokes back of the Ags. Our lady's have won the past two years, so I like our chances in a comeback.

The men are third behind oSu and Texas. They only trail Texas by one and oSu by 16. The Cowboys are always one of the best in the nation. I think we've topped them once this year, but they'll probably hold on for the title. I'd like to see the Ags give them a good run, though, and finish ahead of the Horns. These two points are pretty big in the LSS.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
remember a few weeks ago someone posted the horns should get the points in track....they might want to check out how good both aggie track teams are doing....the athletic program is becoming very competitive all around......don't want to count points before we get them....but wednesday should go our way.

Oh I remember. Men's track is ranked #1 & women's either #3 or #4. Softball #5 & baseball #6. Not too shabby - like you said, entire program is flourishing if we can get football going & I think, in time, Sherman will do just that.

Ags can clinch Big 12 softball title w/ 2 wins over weekend (we only have 1 loss in Big 12 play). Texas game should be fun as always next Wed. Gotta give Bill Byrne credit for what he is doing as AD in hiring coaches & emphasizing all-around program.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Lady Ag golfers are currently 2nd behind oSu at the Big 12 tourny. We trail by 12 strokes. The Horns are fourth, 6 strokes back of the Ags. Our lady's have won the past two years, so I like our chances in a comeback.

The men are third behind oSu and Texas. They only trail Texas by one and oSu by 16. The Cowboys are always one of the best in the nation. I think we've topped them once this year, but they'll probably hold on for the title. I'd like to see the Ags give them a good run, though, and finish ahead of the Horns. These two points are pretty big in the LSS.

Thanks, I was about to go check those scores. Ok State is awfully good in golf & has been for years (Verplank, etc.). I just hope in all reality we can at least finish in front of Texas. Too close for comfort.

Panther One
04-26-2008, 12:46 AM
We should win in women's track. We won last year and have also taken the last two indoor titles. I'm not sure about our men's team. The national ranking is based on how you'll do at nationals, not in any one particular meet. Our men have the ability to win a lot of events, but sometimes its racking up the lower points that wins you a meet like the Big 12 championships. Track is the one sport, however, that's not a true head to head matchup. There's ten other schools there battling for points and they'll have a huge role in how things play out. If we can get both golf points, then a win in women's track will seal the deal. The other half point for softball probably won't come into play, although it would be nice to go ahead and win that game.

g$$
04-26-2008, 12:53 AM
We should win in women's track. We won last year and have also taken the last two indoor titles. I'm not sure about our men's team. The national ranking is based on how you'll do at nationals, not in any one particular meet. Our men have the ability to win a lot of events, but sometimes its racking up the lower points that wins you a meet like the Big 12 championships. Track is the one sport, however, that's not a true head to head matchup. There's ten other schools there battling for points and they'll have a huge role in how things play out. If we can get both golf points, then a win in women's track will seal the deal. The other half point for softball probably won't come into play, although it would be nice to go ahead and win that game.

You are so right about track. My niece pole vaults at Texas & she is the school record holder & in the top 3 nationally. A&M coach Pat Henry is known for getting lots of points in events by scoring 1-8 w/ depth. Great hire away from LSU by Byrne right there & making lots of $$. Some teams (Bev Kearney) just worry about Nationals. Henry is trying to win conference titles & then see what happens later. I like our chances in golf, track, softball, & baseball. LSS should be ours this year.

Panther One
04-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Within the next five years and hopefully sooner, A&M will have one of the nicest track complexes in the nation, too. That should help keep the track teams going strong.

g$$
04-26-2008, 01:04 AM
I read that article, Byrne even wants to bid for Olympic Trials once completed. This was promised to Henry when we lured him away from LSU.

Order according to Byrne on projects:
Kyle Field (infrastructure, etc.)
New track complex
Olsen Field renovations

HippoBaseball05
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
...A&M is supposed to host the 2009 Indoor National Championships.

:thinking:

Panther One
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Olsen Field renovations
Or entirely new stadium. If I had to bet...entirely new stadium.

g$$
04-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Or entirely new stadium. If I had to bet...entirely new stadium.

I just hope that we keep prime location for students & atmosphere. Great spot there by tracks & Kyle in the distance.

Hippo: you are right - next year (2009) in new Indoor Facility for Indoor Nationals. That place is sweet. Still finishing it as they did the football one first.

HippoBaseball05
04-26-2008, 01:14 AM
...that frame was for last year when it was started. I also remember being a bit dismayed that the view of Kyle is going to be obstructed.

Here is the link to the McFerrin Center:

http://www.aggieathletics.com/index2.php?SID=TRK&pageID=1851

g$$
04-26-2008, 01:56 AM
http://www.ncaa-baseball.com/daily/042508.htm

Friday's games across the nation, rankings & standings...

g$$
04-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Let me say that I have been pretty hard on Aggie LF Ben Feltner. Yes, he's hitting .215 w/ little pop, but he did make a tremendous 2-out catch by leaping high & taking away a possible grand slam Fri. night. Huge play & good for him. I still say Brodie Greene should be starting in LF, or at least playing more than he is (Greene did sub in & play RF when Ruggiano moved to C).

--The past 2 Fridays A&M has won on a walk-off hit batsman (Baylor) & tonight via a walk-off balk (Mizzou), obviously both w/ bases loaded. That's finding a way to win & some luck too. We did have bases juiced & no outs though tonight, so odds are in our favor, but you still never know. I'll take it anyway.

--13 straight conference wins & counting...school record for A&M.

--According to reports, Mizzou pitcher started then stopped his motion to plate, thus the balk call. Really a flinch I guess. Glad to win but balk calls are so subjective. Worst rule in baseball as far as advantage gained, etc. IMO. Umpire had previously called the same thing on A&M earlier in game. I was not there so any insight is appreciated on what exactly happened.

A&M's record improves to 35-7 on the season and 16-3 in conference play.

10-1 at Olsen Field in Big 12 play

7-0 on Big 12 Friday nights

(2nd place NEB rained out Friday night @ Waco, DH tomorrow)