PDA

View Full Version : Bellville-Needville- Softball

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Bottom of the 3rd--- Needville 2- Bellville 0..

PutMeInCoach
04-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Any updates?

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
same score 2-0
bottom of 5th Needville home team

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Any updates?

still 2-0 bottom of the 5th. needville has a runner on 3rd- triple- with one out..

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
3-0 Needville after 5..

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Still 3-0 Needville bottom of 6th

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
4-0 Needville top of 7th

1 runner on first Bellville--no outs

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 08:41 PM
2 outs
#9 up

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Needville wins 4-0...

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Needville wins! 4-0!!!

PutMeInCoach
04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Wow! Did Needville hit Murphy all night or was it just timely hits?

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
bellville had 4 hits. needville had 3 or 4 extra base hits. they had 4 hits in the first inning, scoring 2. a triple in the 5th led to a run. I believe murphey for bellville only had 2 strikeouts, where the needville pitcher had 10. good season for bellville, and good luck to needville in the next round...

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
CONGRATLATIONS Lady Jays!!!! :clap: :clap:

Now for the red birds.

PutMeInCoach
04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Congrats to Bellville on a fine season and best of luck to Needville.

Antec
04-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Sometimes finishing 2nd in district is better then winning district title

Now Needville has more momentum after losing to Columbia in the the mini tournament

Wonder if Lady Necks played a warm up game

buff4ever
04-25-2008, 09:15 PM
This was surprising news to me. Expected the bellville girls to win a couple of rounds.

From a bellville fan that was there, tell me was it an off night for the girls or was needville this big of a power house.

As good as our district is, d-24 must not be too bad either. Giddings didn't blow sweeney out tonite, and probably expect quite a battle tomorrow.

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
This was surprising news to me. Expected the bellville girls to win a couple of rounds.

From a bellville fan that was there, tell me was it an off night for the girls or was needville this big of a power house.

As good as our district is, d-24 must not be too bad either. Giddings didn't blow sweeney out tonite, and probably expect quite a battle tomorrow.

worked one of needville's games this year. their pitcher is a lefty with pretty good heat who changes speeds very well. very-very-very fast on the bases, with a couple of girls{the catcher} being one with some very good pop in the ole bat. they are a very good team...

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 09:24 PM

Needville has been a solid all over, extremly tough team this season. All season.

The Lady Jays season record was 23-4. And their pitcher is only a sophomore.

g$$
04-25-2008, 09:49 PM
And WC, Needville, & Sweeny all finished 11-3 in district.

After seedings tourney:
WC
Needville
Sweeny

That should tell you all you need to know about this district. WC has been to State Finals 2/3 years & won it all once. All 3 teams are good ballclubs.

(And it's SWEENY, not -ey, please.)

buff4ever
04-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And WC, Needville, & Sweeny all finished 11-3 in district.

After seedings tourney:
WC
Needville
Sweeny

That should tell you all you need to know about this district. WC has been to State Finals 2/3 years & won it all once. All 3 teams are good ballclubs.

Good, then if we can get past sweeney with another win tomorrow, maybe it will get easier for 1 week.

g$$
04-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Good, then if we can get past sweeney with another win tomorrow, maybe it will get easier for 1 week.

SWEENY will show up.

Nothing is easy in Region 3.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
SWEENY will show up.

Nothing is easy in Region 3.

Absolutely, the Lady Dogs will come back fighting!

Good luck to both teams tommorrow, but I have to say, (sorry B4Ever and B4life) my heart is with Sweeny this year.

3&2count
04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Columbia will play Danbury on Saturday at 7pm in West Columbia.

West Orange-Stark won tonight so Columbia will play them next week. The details will be determined on Monday.

pirate4state
04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
If I remember correctly it was 3 years ago that Needville played for the Region final?? :thinking:

Congrats to them on their win!!! :clap: :clap:

buff4ever
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If I remember correctly it was 3 years ago that Needville played for the Region final?? :thinking:

Congrats to them on their win!!! :clap: :clap:

Pirate, I was just wondering if you do this on purpose. You know that the bellville guys were waiting on you to post this very post. They are about to unleash on you. Just calling it.:D :D :D

pirate4state
04-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Pirate, I was just wondering if you do this on purpose. You know that the bellville guys were waiting on you to post this very post. They are about to unleash on you. Just calling it.:D :D :D What do you mean?? :confused: They were waiting for me to congratulate Needville??

I'm sure the Bellville girls had a great season and should be proud of their accomplishments. :2thumbsup

Reds fan
04-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Wow! Did Needville hit Murphy all night or was it just timely hits?

Here are notes from the game:

First of all, give all the credit to Needville, they are a very fine team. The Lady Jays put the ball in play, have excellent team speed, great defense and are very well coached.

Bellville just came out flat; errors, mental errors and lack of hitting did the rest of the damage to the Brahmanettes.

Needville offense:
Bottom 1st- the Jays led with a single, next batter grounded into FC and attempt to get lead runner failed, Jays runner too fast should have gone to first. Needville sac-bunt runners to 2nd and 3rd, 1 out. Next batter grounded out to 2nd, run scored. Misplayed fly ball to center scores second run for the Jays. Infield hit and groundout end inning. Needville 2 Bellville 0

Bottom 2nd- 3 pop up outs and one runner reached on error.

Bottom 3rd- 2 pop flies and fly to left.

Bottom 4th- K, pop-up, single, ground out.

Bottom 5th- Ground out, pop fly to right miss played for 3 base error (fielder never touched the ball, it bounced beside her) generous scorekeep would give a triple; K; next a fly ball to center, dropped, run scored; ground out to end inning. Needville 3 Bellville 0

Bottom 6th- Leadoff reaches on two base throwing error; sac bunt moves runner to 3rd. Single to left scores runner from 3rd, pop up for 2nd out; single to right then error allows ball to get away but runner from 1st is thrown out at home. Needville 4 Bellville 0

Bellville offense had no hits until the fifth, 4 total. 11 K's. Needville pitcher does not have a lot of speed but moves the ball around very well and changes speed effectively, she is very good! The Jays defense is very solid behind her, I think it would be very hard to have a big inning against them with this combination and they will be very competitive in their playoff run.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
Bellville 0 0 0 0 0 0 0- 0 4 4
Needville 2 0 0 0 1 1 x- 4 7 0

Best of luck to Needville!!!

Good season Brahmanettes!

g$$
04-26-2008, 02:10 AM
Great recap, thanks. Very well-done & appreciated.

g$$
04-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

Good luck to both teams tommorrow, but I have to say, (sorry B4Ever and B4life) my heart is with Sweeny this year.

Thanks, our backs are against the wall. See what this team is made of Sat. vs. Giddings. Appreciate all your hard work keeping us updated all year too.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-26-2008, 08:06 AM

Now for the red birds.

Who did sealy play in the 1st round?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Pirate, I was just wondering if you do this on purpose.

Hey buff, you notice this also, anything to do with a Bellville lose. Have you ever seen a post after a Bellville win?

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who did sealy play in the 1st round? I don't think Sealy made the playoffs.

Columbia
Needville
Sweeny

:confused: :thinking:

I_DONT_CARE
04-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I don't think Sealy made the playoffs.

Columbia
Needville
Sweeny

:confused: :thinking:
HE ALREADY KNOWS THAT! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

buff4life
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM

No prob...so are you saying it was with Giddings last year???

if so i can forgive you haha:D

3ABirdMan
04-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Now for the red birds.

NOTE: Reference is to Bridge City CARDINALS

Reds fan
04-26-2008, 03:25 PM

Easier??? If Giddings gets past Sweeny, it will not get easier....Splendora awaits winner. In no way does that get easier.

g$$
04-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Easier??? If Giddings gets past Sweeny, it will not get easier....Splendora awaits winner. In no way does that get easier.

Absolutely. Region 3 is easily the deepest region in the state. I did NOT say all other teams from other regions are weak (of course there are very good teams in all). But, those regions cannot match the depth of Region 3 due to demographics & population bases. It just gets tougher every week.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
No prob...so are you saying it was with Giddings last year???

if so i can forgive you haha:D

No, no it wasn't with Giddings last year......next year. (in D-25, I think)
Do you still forgive???:D

Congratulations on your win and good luck with Splendora....watch out for their bag of tricks.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
NOTE: Reference is to Bridge City CARDINALS

You noticed that huh, BirdMan..... How have you been??
I guess it'll be a bird fight.. Where and when do ya'll play?
:D :D

Originally posted by g$$
Thanks, our backs are against the wall. See what this team is made of Sat. vs. Giddings. Appreciate all your hard work keeping us updated all year too.

Sorry to hear the Lady Dogs didn't have a come back today.
and we will miss our Sweeny friends next year when we change districts.
and Thanks, it was my pleasure keeping up with the news! maybe I can still get the info next year too.

pirate4state
04-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hey buff, you notice this also, anything to do with a Bellville lose. Have you ever seen a post after a Bellville win?

A Bellville lose??? I'm sorry your girls lost. Maybe you are projecting. If I wanted to be a jerk, like others, I would be.

I'm sure when & if Sinton gets eliminated I can count on you to reply.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'm sure when & if Sinton gets eliminated I can count on you to reply.

Bull19, or Bulls-eye might beat me to it.

3ABirdMan
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
You noticed that huh, BirdMan..... How have you been??
I guess it'll be a bird fight.. Where and when do ya'll play?
:D :D

..............................oo.

I've been good! Busy chasing the big yellow ball!

I don't know our dates yet. I'll post when I do, if nobody beats me to it. But then, that WOULD be another (padded) post! :thinking: