PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies...................................

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 06:16 PM
My 10 yr old daughter and I are fixing to leave to go to her softball game against another team and we are both undefeated..........and I realized I have butterflies. Pretty cool. I dread the day when I don't get them anymore. And, I don't even like softball, but I love that competitive feeling that causes that funny feeling in my gut.:2thumbsup

lakers
04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My 10 yr old daughter and I are fixing to leave to go to her softball game against another team and we are both undefeated..........and I realized I have butterflies. Pretty cool. I dread the day when I don't get them anymore. And, I don't even like softball, but I love that competitive feeling that causes that funny feeling in my gut.:2thumbsup

well good luck..

R u gonna give them a win one for the gipper speech???

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by lakers
well good luck..

R u gonna give them a win one for the gipper speech???

We kicked some serious butt. My daughter told her grandmother on the phone on the way home that she was "pretty sure" we won. Then she asked me--- We did win didn't we. So, to answer your question the old Gipper speech doesn't quite have the effect on 9-10 yr old girls. They would think I had lost my mind.:inlove:

zebrablue2
04-25-2008, 10:20 PM
We kicked some serious butt. My daughter told her grandmother on the phone on the way home that she was "pretty sure" we won. Then she asked me--- We did win didn't we. So, to answer your question the old Gipper speech doesn't quite have the effect on 9-10 yr old girls. They would think I had lost my mind.:inlove:

LOL.. Those are the fun times, 9-10 yr old softball. days BEFORE boys, just having fun on the ole field. congrats on the win.

coach
04-25-2008, 11:30 PM

i thought u were going to say they were playing the butterflies and u hope they rip their wings apart!!:mad:

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by coach
i thought u were going to say they were playing the butterflies and u hope they rip their wings apart!!:mad:

Nope, we were playing the A-Team who was outfitted with cammo uniforms and cammo tie dyed socks. We are way more traditional, we are the "Purple Haze", and I swear before the year is over I'm going to take a jam box to the game and put on some Jimmi Hendrix and let them see where that name came from. That'll pump em up!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

coach
04-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Nope, we were playing the A-Team who was outfitted with cammo uniforms and cammo tie dyed socks. We are way more traditional, we are the "Purple Haze", and I swear before the year is over I'm going to take a jam box to the game and put on some Jimmi Hendrix and let them see where that name came from. That'll pump em up!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

lol...i love the different team names instead of having the rangers, yankees, and red sox..

pirate4state
04-25-2008, 11:41 PM
congrats on the win :2thumbsup

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by coach
lol...i love the different team names instead of having the rangers, yankees, and red sox..

Last night we played "Chaos".:rolleyes:

3ABirdMan
04-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Since my daughter and I left Little League in 2002 and moved over to ASA league, and then on into travel ball, we have been:
- Thunder
- Lightning
- Xplosion
- Miss-Stix (pronounced Mystics)
- Orange CRUSH ( last 3 years and counting)

Some of the team names and themes are WAY COOL! 2 years ago, we went to the USFA Nationals in Panama City Beach, FL playing 14U at the time. There was a team there from La called the Louisianna POACHERS. They wore camo jerseys and shorts, had camo back-packs, and hauled all there stuff around in a big jacked up John Deer GATOR. The amazing thing was - Not only did they LOOK good, they won the 16U NAtionals!

One of my favorite team names, though, was for an 8U group called the TROPHY HUNTERS, who also used the camo theme. Talk about cute!