04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
don't sell sealy tigers short....

scrub c
04-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Sealy is going to be GOOD...

count on it.

buff4life
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
i'm lookin at Sealy, Bellville, and giddings in the playoffs...contrary to opinion...there is still a lot of talent left after Fitzhenry and Dock and it will show...

also just cause some teams have a lot of "young talent" returning doesn't mean its good developed talent and might not translate to good talent

KL3
04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I think Bellville has to be considered the favorite.

rancher
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Bellville will be loaded at running back, HOWEVER, they are still lacking that key player the QB, Kennedy has a lot of speed, he won the 100 in district, but he is inexperienced and does not throw the ball well. Bellville also lacks size up front on the offense and defensive lines. All said, they must improve over last year to impress me. Sealy is well coached and it shows they will be back. Giddings, always has quality backs and plays well, they will be in the hunt. LaGrange ? Im unsure of what they have, cannot make a comment. Smithville, well that says it.

buff4ever
04-25-2008, 06:34 PM
New poster isn't the brightest.

Since it has been brought up I will give my predictions, PREDICTIONS!

The three playoff teams in no order will likely be giddings, bellville and sealy. Honestly to put an order to these three teams would be very tough given all three have some quiet (TO THIS POINT) talent that is dieing while waiting for next year. If you forced me I would say the following:

Sealy
Giddings
Bellville

The only reason that I put sealy first is b/c at the end of last year they were already depending on their young talent and it shined at the end of the year. This is not to say that the IMO very closely matched bellville and giddings teams won't be able to beat them, I am just saying untill a couple of games I will leave it like this.

I will also say that sealy hasn't figured out how to beat bellville and giddings much LATELY.:D :D

LA GRANGE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD UP THROUGH THIS DISTRICT!

HEMOTOXIC
04-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't under estimate La Grange or Smithville.

It is easy to say that Smithville will be the bottom dwealers, but they can be a pesky team. Watch out for the Tigers, not the Sealy Tigers.

Bellville will be Bellville. It will good to see the two Austin County foes once again battling for a district championship.

If La Grange can improve on their D, they will give any team, including Sealy and Bellville, a run at the district title.

rancher
04-25-2008, 08:17 PM
You also need to look at who each team plays in non-district play. Bellville is playing a killer schedule againt good teams such as Navasota, Livingston and Caldwell. They also scrimage Brenham. Sealy on the other hand has a powerpuff non-district schedule with such teams as Houston Second Baptist, Hempstead, Brookshire. Dont know about Giddings or LaGrange.

Antec
04-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Any 26-3A Picks?

LHS PRIDE
04-26-2008, 09:05 AM
La Grange will scrimmage Liberty Hill and Cuero

Lockhart, Needville, Goliad, Gonzales, and ?

We will find out right away how La Grange will be with the scrimmages. Can not play any better two programs in the state right now in Cuero and Liberty Hill

The one thing that will hurt La Grange is experience. Instead of moving more Sophomores up, Coach tried to stick with his 27 seniors. Quarterback, offensive line will be much improved and the defense will be very quick and well disciplined. Right now, of what La Grange has done in the past, they have a lot to prove to be considered a district contender, but they do have a lot of talent coming up.

rancher
04-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Would also like to add that Bellville's Freshman team went undefeated and yet, counting the 7th and 8th grades, to lose a game. The junior varsity team I believe went 8-2. Dont know what is coming up from them.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by rancher
You also need to look at who each team plays in non-district play. Bellville is playing a killer schedule againt good teams such as Navasota, Livingston and Caldwell. They also scrimage Brenham. Sealy on the other hand has a powerpuff non-district schedule with such teams as Houston Second Baptist, Hempstead, Brookshire.

Sealy will not be tested untill district, with the powderpuff non district the coach scheduled!!!!!

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Sealy will be ready and they will definitely be good.

Dexter Downey is a beast.

They play good D, and consistent O and they will be in the playoffs.

Mitchell is a great coach.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Dexter Downey is a beast.

Hear he was moving to Brenham?

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hear he was moving to Brenham? Really? That would be awful for Sealy.

He torched us as a sophmore last season. This kid has a great future and he is a great track athlete and a powerlifter I think.

rancher
04-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Mitchell is a good coach, but I look at the power puff games before district they are playing reminds me a lot of the aggies, they will not see any speed before the district starts. The others may pass them by before they adjust. Im very impressed with who LaGrange is scrimages.

buff4life
04-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Giddings Pre-District Schedule (we're actually PLAYING LH)

Liberty Hill
LaVernia
Wharton
Elgin
Waco Robinson

TRENCHES06
04-26-2008, 05:45 PM
La Grange is playing

Goliad
Gonzales
Lockhart
Needville
Luling

Predistrict

Scrimmages: Liberty Hill and Cuero

If they survive scrimmages, predistrict will be quite a bit easier.

They will miss Dockery at WR, but have several up and comers who may end up being as good or even better. Coaches kid at WR and possible coaches kid at Quarterback.
Will have to rely on several sophomores and juniors to make a run at district and for leadership. Will be an interesting year for sure.

Is Gidding going to start Brock's brother at Quarterback?
Did supt. son graduate from Bellville?

TRENCHES06
04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
One thing about Giddings-they always schedule tough predistrict opponents

TRENCHES06
04-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Is Sealy running back Downey transferring??

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Any 26-3A Picks?

This is 25-3a tread, not 26-3a.

Bull's-eye
04-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Any info on Bellville's freshmen that will jump to varsity next season? Isn't there some twins that are very good? I believe their last name is Reese and I read where one of them was running in the track regionals.

Bellville didn't make the playoffs this past football season, so I don't know who the call ups would of been.

KL3
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I think the Reese twins, Dornon, Greenville, Pouncy, and the Matthews kid could all be called up. There could be more but those are the only ones I know.

Bull19
04-28-2008, 06:20 PM
was their ever any truth to garrett nunn moving to brenham?

Ranger Mom
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
New poster isn't the brightest.

Since it has been brought up I will give my predictions, PREDICTIONS!

That was a pretty rude thing to say about a new poster!!

Afterall, you made a prediction too...why should yours be any better?

buff4life
04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
a very simple reason...just cuz

Ranger Mom
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
a very simple reason...just cuz

Not a good enough reason to call him "not the brightest"

buff4life
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
it is for kids all the time...

but technically he never said "which" new poster he was talking about....and saying he's not the brightest might mean he's smart but not as smart as say Albert Einstein

buff4life
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
haha :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
it is for kids all the time...

but technically he never said "which" new poster he was talking aboutas Albert Einstein

It doesn't take an Einstein to look back on the thread and see who has very little posts and who doesn't. Either way, it's still rude!:p

buff4life
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
you're just assuming that...no proof :D

but seriously :devil:

Bulligator
04-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Bellville will be loaded at running back, HOWEVER, they are still lacking that key player the QB, Kennedy has a lot of speed, he won the 100 in district, but he is inexperienced and does not throw the ball well. Bellville also lacks size up front on the offense and defensive lines. All said, they must improve over last year to impress me. Sealy is well coached and it shows they will be back. Giddings, always has quality backs and plays well, they will be in the hunt. LaGrange ? Im unsure of what they have, cannot make a comment. Smithville, well that says it.

To get back on track for this thread:
Bellville will have more size than you think on the lines. The freshman and JV team had some good strong blockers. There are also some returning starters who will weigh in over 250. Bellville's linebacking corps are all returning, and they have the experience from having played last year after all the injuries knocked out the starters. I've heard that the defense is looking at a 3-5-3 alignment to take advantage of their size and speed. With Nunn and others in the backfield, Kennedy may not have to worry about passing, much like Giddings the past few years.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Dexter Downey is not moving to brenham he is happy in sealy

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I think the Reese twins, Dornon, Greenville, Pouncy, and the Matthews kid could all be called up. There could be more but those are the only ones I know. I had to go back and look it up, but I think Garrett (?) Dornon used to post on the DL. Is this Dornon kid you're talking about related to him? Garrett, if my memory serves me well, was a BEAST in that 2001 game against Sinton. Heard his name all day long!!! If his brother plays anything like him---watch out!! Didn't he go to Rice?? :thinking: Maybe I should have sent a PM.

Bull's-eye
05-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I had to go back and look it up, but I think Garrett (?) Dornon used to post on the DL. Is this Dornon kid you're talking about related to him? Garrett, if my memory serves me well, was a BEAST in that 2001 game against Sinton. Heard his name all day long!!! If his brother plays anything like him---watch out!! Didn't he go to Rice?? :thinking: Maybe I should have sent a PM.

Yes, they are brothers and Garrett did go to Rice. He was a Jr. when Bellville played Sinton, unfortunately he hurt his knee in the first game of his Sr. year and missed playing with a very talented 2002 team. IMO, Bellville would of won a state championship if not for his injury.

HEMOTOXIC
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
1. Bellville
2. Sealy
3. La Grange/Giddings
4. Smithville
5. Columbus

buff4life
05-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
1. Bellville
2. Sealy
3. La Grange/Giddings
4. Smithville
5. Columbus

you need to switch lagrange and columbus i think...lagrange will be young and compete with smithville

rancher
05-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Garrett Dornon was a beast, he was the old-style hardnose linebacker/fullback. There is not a question that had he been healthy, Bellville would have been in the state championship game that year. I hope that is brother has the same work ethic. If Bellville can find that quaterback and restore the desire that was lacking, they will be good, but these are big questions? I hope they have the numbers back out this year. Sealy will be good, but will Downy stay egible, is there question.

HEMOTOXIC
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
you need to switch lagrange and columbus i think...lagrange will be young and compete with smithville

Yeah, possibly. That's what I love about high school football. Can't wait until the fall.

Giddings has a tough pre district schedule. If they can get through that, Giddings will be the team to keep an eye on.

I hear that Columbus lost alot of seniors. If La Grange can improve on their defense and build on their offense, they will be a great team in the fall.

pirate4state
05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Yes, they are brothers and Garrett did go to Rice. He was a Jr. when Bellville played Sinton, unfortunately he hurt his knee in the first game of his Sr. year and missed playing with a very talented 2002 team. IMO, Bellville would of won a state championship if not for his injury. :( Dang, I always thought he was a senior when he played against Sinton. If his brother is anything like him, I stand by what I said earlier....WATCH OUT!! :clap: Good Luck to you young man!

TRENCHES06
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I think Giddings will be in for a rude awakening. Bellville will be very good, and La Grange will suprise a bunch of people.
This will be a down year for Columbus and Sealy is usually always good.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Sealy will be good, but will Downy stay egible, is there question.

A starter at Sealy will never have a failing grade, If he starts he passes.

pirate4state
05-06-2008, 03:18 PM
A starter at Sealy will never have a failing grade, If he starts he passes. You know this for a FACT?? If this is true why have there been no reports like we've seen out of the DFW area?

Stats
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
A starter at Sealy will never have a failing grade, If he starts he passes.

I normally just let your uneducated ramblings pass, but this one goes over the line. You have no knowledge that your statement is true. It comes from your Bellville bias and inability to cope with the fact that Sealy has won Five State Championships to Zero for Bellville.

Bull19
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Stats
You have no knowledge that your statement is true. It comes from your Bellville bias and inability to cope with the fact that Sealy has won Five State Championships to Zero for Bellville. can you prove that his statment is false??? didnt think so.

at least bellville didnt get their players out of jail right before the game so they could play, unlike sealy did back in the day

pirate4state
05-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
can you prove that his statment is false??? didnt think so.

at least bellville didnt get their players out of jail right before the game so they could play, unlike sealy did back in the day

so neither side can prove anything?

Bull19
05-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
so neither side can prove anything? whats to prove?

pirate4state
05-06-2008, 04:20 PM
whats to prove? exactly

Bull19
05-06-2008, 04:21 PM
:confused:

Bull's-eye
05-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Let's get back to the subject of 25-3a football. :)

trg
05-06-2008, 04:43 PM
On a positive note. I believe Bellville will have a great team this fall. And I am glad to see us back in the same district as Sealy and Columbus (just like back in the day). I wish the best of luck to all the schools and hope everyone can remain healthy and we can let the Wins and Losses after the season settle this argument.

Necks_Fan
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Let's get back to the subject of 25-3a football. :) All I'm saying is that Downey is a beast. Sealy will be really good, and that's about all I know.

The star athlete on a good team never fails. That's just how it is.

The teachers won't fail them, and if they do, then the coaches will get them passing.

That's just how it goes.

Bull19
05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
All I'm saying is that Downey is a beast. Sealy will be really good, and that's about all I know.

The star athlete on a good team never fails. That's just how it is.

The teachers won't fail them, and if they do, then the coaches will get them passing.

That's just how it goes.
ditto

scotty
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I know that Sealy has lost some starters to grades just about every year. However, last year they didn’t. They had a real strong tutorial program and many of those kids were at school early in the morning and late in the evenings being tutored. Last year it worked.
I remember in 1996 when La Grange broke Sealy’s winning streak, the Tigers had several key players out because of grades. One was all-state running back Jaron Dabney. Two sophomores and a freshman started in Sealy’s backfield that night. However, I never heard Coach Mills or any of the Sealy fans mention it or use that as an excuse for losing. And it may not have made any difference because Tony Valastro’s teams always played the Tigers tough.
And the jail thing keeps coming up, and yes, one of the Tigers spent weekends in the Austin County jail. His sentence, issued by a district judge, was that he goes to school, takes part in extra curricular activities, abide by a very strict curfew, passes his grades and spends X amount of weekends in jail. And I’m proud to announce the kid fulfilled his sentence went on to college, played some football and I believe he earned a degree. I bet the judge is proud that he issued that sentencing, as this young many isn’t a burden to our society.

TRENCHES06
05-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Fellas, please, let's not make this personal. Let's just discuss our district and football!!

buff4life
05-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
I think Giddings will be in for a rude awakening. Bellville will be very good, and La Grange will suprise a bunch of people.
This will be a down year for Columbus and Sealy is usually always good.

if you truly feel that way you may be in for a rude awakening...Giddings has a bunch of athletes, speed, and talent besides fitzhenry. you will be surprised i promise....since everyone is doubtin it, i'll call it now a district championship

Bull19
05-07-2008, 09:08 AM
if you truly feel that way you may be in for a rude awakening...Giddings has a bunch of athletes, speed, and talent besides fitzhenry. you will be surprised i promise....since everyone is doubtin it, i'll call it now a district championship remember giddings can throw the football!

bobcat04
05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Now that's funny...

Bull19
05-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bobcat04
Now that's funny... ???:confused:

buff4life
05-07-2008, 10:24 AM
remember giddings can throw the football!

we CAN throw it, we do it in practice and every once in a while in a game...but throwing is throwing, you have to throw it to somebody and complete it to be effective :D