PDA

View Full Version : Okay Jerry Stackhouse...tell us how you really feel.

Sweetwater Red
04-25-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba#

Stackhouse: Scott's a sucker

Posted: Friday April 25, 2008 04:49AM ET

Jason Kidd's bitter breakup with Byron Scott in New Jersey has been well chronicled. Jerry Stackhouse isn't a fan of the Hornets' coach, either. Stack, whose refreshing honesty I'm familiar with firsthand, made his feelings about Scott clear in an appearance on a Dallas radio show. "I don't think Byron Scott is the best coach or I don't think he's the best guy to deal with -- you know what I'm sayin? -- from some things that I've heard from other players and just some dealings that I had with him earlier in the season. I was about ready to kick his ass -- you know what I'm sayin? He was sitting on the sideline and we just got into a little conversation or something and he was going to tell me, you know, 'Talk to me when you get a ring.' I was like, I told that fool, 'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too'. So, you know, he's a sucker in my book, but that's a whole other story."

themsu97
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Scott= better than Stackhouse and there in lies Stackhouse's problem...

eagles_victory
04-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Scott= better than Stackhouse and there in lies Stackhouse's problem... no place for a coach to be talking to the other teams player. I dont like Pop much but I loved when he got after Isiah when Isiah started talking too Bowen. Scott needs to coach his team and not talk about how he rode coatails to an NBA title.

Phil C
04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Jerry is right about Scott getting to be on the same team with Kareem, Magic and Worthy though.

Even Bill Robinson's Celtic Coach said if Wilt Chamberland had had the supporting players Bill had he would probably have won those championships that Bill was on.

JasperDog94
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too'. Very true.

Sweetwater Red
04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Scott= better than Stackhouse and there in lies Stackhouse's problem...

I was going to play the age card on you until I looked up your
profile. I didn't think you'd ever seen Scott play. :doh:

I do have to disagree. I think Stackhouse is way more talented.
His problem is he spent his prime on a crappy Piston team.

PHS Wildcats
04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
no place for a coach to be talking to the other teams player. I dont like Pop much but I loved when he got after Isiah when Isiah started talking too Bowen. Scott needs to coach his team and not talk about how he rode coatails to an NBA title.

It happens all the time. You must haven't seen Scott play!

Stack's a sucker:D

g$$
04-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Jerry is right about Scott getting to be on the same team with Kareem, Magic and Worthy though.

Even Bill Robinson's Celtic Coach said if Wilt Chamberland had had the supporting players Bill had he would probably have won those championships that Bill was on.

Let's go with Bill Russell's Celtic teams Phil! And they were loaded no doubt.

Stack makes some good points. Obviously there is bad blood between them. Byron Scott was a good player on great teams. He could shoot the ball. But no place for going after another team's players & engaging in this stuff IMO. Coach has to be above that.