PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Draft

Lion_Addict
04-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I get pumped up when this day arrives!! Some people call it boring & too long. I call it "It's about NFL football and the season is getting closer"! I will sit on my duff and watch the entire draft, and shut off the rest of the world.....yes, I give the wifey some $ and tell her to go shopping, LOL! I just want peace & quiet all around me when the draft kicks off. This is important stuff. This determines future champions. This is "DRAMA", LOL!

I love watching the "Jets" fans become enraged when their team management makes some god-awful wasted pick! I have a feeling they won't be too upset this year though. My prediction...."Jets take Darren Mcfadden". Jets fans will finally have something to cheer about on draft day.

Now, the important thing of course is who will the "BOYS" take? There's talk about Felix Jones. Hmmmmmm. Not bad, but not really what I'm hoping for with their 1st pick (I wouldn't mind if they were able to pick him up with their 2nd 1st round pick). Will the "BOYS" try & trade up? There's been talk about that too. I don't think they will myself. Will the "BOYS" try & work something out with the Bengals for "Ocho Cinco"? That would be very interesting. T.O. on one side & Ocho on the other. Attractive, yes. Would it work? Heck no!!! Too many personality conflicts there. Not a good idea. Don't do it Jerry! What I hope to hear......"The Dallas Cowboys select Limas Sweed". This fella is gonna be a star no doubt, and could contribute immediately. Height: 6-4 Weight: 210, runs a 4.5 40, 37 1/2" vertical. Terry Glenn is fading, and is too injury prone now. Put Sweed on the other side of T.O. & let Romo start chunking it! Another reason to take Sweed of course.....He's a Longhorn baby!!! Can't lose with this pick....do it Jerry. Be smart. Do the right thing. Don't make a poor fella take a baseball bat and smash his television cuz you made a dumba$$ move! Sweed....future Cowboy superstar!!

Bearkat
04-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I think they are going to take a DB with the 22nd pick then trade the 28th pick for a couple of #2's or a 2 and a 3. Then take a RB with the first #2.

Adidas410s
04-25-2008, 09:40 AM
If Jonathan Stewart falls past Houston and Felix Jones is still there at 22 (he should be)...then the Cows will look for a CB (if Talib or Jenkins fall) or a WR (Kelly, Hardy, Sweed, Jackson). Then at 28 they'd probably grab Felix Jones. However, if they go CB and RB in the first, then they're hoping for WR's Doucet or Nelson to fall to late in the 2nd. If they go WR and HB, then they're looking at Cason (yes please), Godfrey, or Smith (please not ANOTHER BlowU DB) as their 2nd round pick.

That said...I could see them moving the 22nd pick to get Chad Johnson or Roy Williams.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I was initially not in favor of moving any picks this year. The Boys have a solid roster and the draft could help solidify role-playing spotts (i.e MBIII's backup in Felix Jones). That said, I would be more than supportive if we traded one of those picks and Roy Williams for Roy Williams:)

Lion_Addict
04-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I would be more than happy if they worked something out to get Roy Williams from Detroit :thumbsup:

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I like watching the draft also. Especially after watching the combine on the NFL channel. I don't however like to listen to Mel Kiper Jr. I'm sure that he knows his stuff, but I just can't get past his doo.:spitlol: :thmbdwn:

lion75
04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I like Mike Jenkins and J. Stewart, but they probably wil go between 10 and 20.

Sweetwater Red
04-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I would be more than happy if they worked something out to get Roy Williams from Detroit :thumbsup:

If Philly or Washington don't get him first.:bigcry:

jlg043
04-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Sweed actually ran a 4.43 at the combine 6-4 215 according to the Austin American Statesman... I hope Cowboys pick him up w/ the 22nd pick then get a CB with the 28 and pick up Jamaal Charles in the 2nd rnd... thats what I wish for but doubt if it happens

Texas_Fight_05
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
They need a CB to compliment Newman on the other side, who is entering his last year on his contract (and who they should re-sign). Henry isn't nearly as good as Newman. And with their other first round pick, they should draft a RB, maybe a Stewart of a Mendenhall (assuming he's there). But a non-biased pick, for me, would be Limas Sweed. Who wouldn't love to see Sweed in a cowboys jersey? But usually, Jerry Jones gets what he wants, when he wants and I doubt anyone will trade up with him so he can get McFadden so we can forget about that. He's gonna be a Jet.

piratebg
04-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I think they should use their first two picks on a CB and WR. They can draft a RB in the 2nd. I'm hoping for Charles or Ray Rice.