PDA

View Full Version : Note to young posters--------------------

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Several threads recently about "Played my last game last night" and some that are headed off to college or full time work. My comment is this. You may think that your funnest days are gone since you may have participated in your last hs or college sport or whatever. There are better days ahead. I remember thinking the same thing. However, to me, nothing I ever did myself compares to the fun I have had watching my kids participate and grow. And, beyond that, my mother in law says that nothing is better than watching her kids enjoy watching their kids. So, evidently it just keeps getting better and better.:) :) :) :) :)

CenTexSports
04-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Amen to the watching the kids. But there will be other great times ahead also.

I started playing ball when I was seven (before t-ball was ever invented) and played some college ball. But from the time I was 28 until I was 35 was the best. I lived outside Kansas City and I got on a softball team that was 90% Mormon and we played together from March until October (120 to 150 games a year).

There were weeks I payed Monday, Thursday, Saturday tournaments, Sunday afternoon church league, and a Sunday evening double-header league. I also umpired two nights a week. The wife and kids always came to the games and it was a great family time also. None of the guys were drinkers and it was great.

BTW: It was a decent team. We played in two national tournaments and won 2nd in Class "B" state twice.

Buffgal
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
There is a great C/W song out now by Trace Adkins, called "you're gonna miss this".
I think the real message of this song is enjoy every moment of your life, from high school, to college, to marriage, to kids, to grandkids.

It goes by so fast. Savor every moment but keep looking forward to everything life has to offer.

Sports have molded many young people on this forum and the lessons that they have learned will serve them in their future.
Blessings to all of them.......Good luck seniors of 08