PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett

eagles_victory
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
If he wins the MVP this year I think a lot of people have legit complaint.

Sweetwater Red
04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If he wins the MVP this year I think a lot of people have legit complaint.

Like Chris Paul ? :thinking:

Bull's-eye
04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
After what I watched Kobe do against the Nuggets, he has my vote. He was scoring, but also setting up his fellow Lakers with easy shots.

eagles_victory
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
After what I watched Kobe do against the Nuggets, he has my vote. He was scoring, but also setting up his fellow Lakers with easy shots. doesnt matter what happens in the playoffs. But I agree as far as the regular season goes. Im a huge Lebron James fan and Lebron had a great year and better numbers then Kobe and beat Kobe head to head twice but you have got to give it to Kobe this year imo.

Id vote Kobe Bryant first, Chris Paul second, Lebron James third, Kevin Garnett 4th, and Amare Stoudamire 5th

Bull's-eye
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Id vote Kobe Bryant first, Chris Paul second, Lebron James third, Kevin Garnett 4th, and Amare Stoudamire 5th

:iagree:

jlg043
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
My vote goes to Kobe but I mean Kevin deserves it too... How do you make one off-season move and go from the worse team to one of the best!!! he def a legit shot for MVP

Necks_Fan
04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
My vote goes to Kobe but I mean Kevin deserves it too... How do you make one off-season move and go from the worse team to one of the best!!! he def a legit shot for MVP I'm pretty sure they made for than one move buddy. If I'm not mistaken, Ray Allen played for the Sonics, not the Timberwolves, and they traded the draft rights of Jeff Green to get him, but still a good point.

waterboy
04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
I'd have to go with Chris Paul. He's a single player that's had the most impact for his team. I don't like him, but you can't dispute that he's been an impact player.

jlg043
04-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'm pretty sure they made for than one move buddy. if I'm not mistaken, Ray Allen played for the Sonics, not the Timberwolves, and they traded the draft rights of Jeff Green to get him, but still a good point.

I didnt meant litterally one move but you catch my drift...

cshscougar08
04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'd have to go with Chris Paul. He's a single player that's had the most impact for his team. I don't like him, but you can't dispute that he's been an impact player.

I agree. No one means more to their team that Chris Paul. Not saying that Kobe doesn't mean a lot, but I just think Paul means more. It will definitely be between those two no doubt.

bandera7
04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Tim Duncan!!

In all seriousness, Chris Paul and Kobe. Not sure who to give it to, both were incredible this year.

eagles_victory
04-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Chris Paul has been great all year dont get me wrong but I think you still have to go with Kobe for MVP. IMO Chris Paul isnt the only reason for the Hornets improving you also have to consider Peja getting healthy and getting back to the player he was in Sacremento plus David West also developed into one of the better forwards in the league. Again not taking anything away from CP because hes great but if I had to pick one id just have to go with Kobe right now.

JasperDog94
04-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Kobe has much more talent around him. Plus the Hornets weren't given any credit all year. Everyone (myself included) thought they would fall off, yet they never did.

My vote (in JD94 land) goes to Chris Paul.

PHS Wildcats
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Kobe has much more talent around him. Plus the Hornets weren't given any credit all year. Everyone (myself included) thought they would fall off, yet they never did.

My vote (in JD94 land) goes to Chris Paul.

I agree

Necks_Fan
04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Kobe + Gasol + Odom = Deadly Trio

CP3 + West = Deadly Duo

Also, the Lakers have more depth. I think noone means more to their team than CP3 and this is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER award right?

'Nuff said.

eagles_victory
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Kobe + Gasol + Odom = Deadly Trio

CP3 + West = Deadly Duo

Also, the Lakers have more depth. I think noone means more to their team than CP3 and this is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER award right?

'Nuff said. Peja and Tyson Chancdler arent exactly scrubs plus Kobe already had the Lakers at the top of the west before they got Gasol

Necks_Fan
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Peja and Tyson Chancdler arent exactly scrubs plus Kobe already had the Lakers at the top of the west before they got Gasol "Chancdler" throws down dunks every once in a while. Peja busts some 3's, but I'm talking game changers here. The Lakers have 3, NO has 2. If you want to make that arguement, then we should just include Fisher, BYNUM(who granted isn't playing now, but is pretty damn good), Radmonovic, etc.

I mean c'mon. The Lakers have depth.

I know NO has players too, but 3 game changers for the Lakers.:thinking:

Kobe =

% of teams points and assists

26% points
22% assists

CP3=

21% of points
51% of assists

Just throwing some stats out there for people to see. It doesn't really say mch as Kobe is a SG and CP3 is a PG, but there you go.

big daddy russ
04-26-2008, 01:47 AM
"Chancdler" throws down dunks every once in a while. Peja busts some 3's, but I'm talking game changers here. The Lakers have 3, NO has 2. If you want to make that arguement, then we should just include Fisher, BYNUM(who granted isn't playing now, but is pretty damn good), Radmonovic, etc.

Really? Odom's a game-changer?

I dont' have a problem with KG, Paul, or Kobe winning it. They all deserve it.

g$$
04-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Really? Odom's a game-changer?

I dont' have a problem with KG, Paul, or Kobe winning it. They all deserve it.

I'm w/ Russ on this one. Odom is a solid role player but not "the man". Kobe, C. Paul, KG, & LeBron change games. Pick one, probably Kobe but all are deserving. Would like to see Paul or KG win it though. NBA finally has some good young stars (many not mentioned too) to build around like the Magic, Bird, & Jordan days of '80s. NBA needs it too.

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm putting him as better than Peja Or Chandler.

Not as a superstar.

jlg043
04-26-2008, 08:21 AM
"Chancdler" throws down dunks every once in a while. Peja busts some 3's, but I'm talking game changers here. The Lakers have 3, NO has 2. If you want to make that arguement, then we should just include Fisher, BYNUM(who granted isn't playing now, but is pretty damn good), Radmonovic, etc.

Kobe =

% of teams points and assists

26% points
22% assists

CP3=

21% of points
51% of assists

Just throwing some stats out there for people to see. It doesn't really say mch as Kobe is a SG and CP3 is a PG, but there you go.

wow seriously CP has 51% of NO assist... wow thats all I can say:eek:

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by jlg043
wow seriously CP has 51% of NO assist... wow thats all I can say:eek: Yea. He has about 11 out of an average 21.

The math comes out to about 51%.

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm w/ Russ on this one. Odom is a solid role player but not "the man". Kobe, C. Paul, KG, & LeBron change games. Pick one, probably Kobe but all are deserving. Would like to see Paul or KG win it though. NBA finally has some good young stars (many not mentioned too) to build around like the Magic, Bird, & Jordan days of '80s. NBA needs it too.

Odom-

14.2 ppg
10.6 rpg
3.5 apg

Looks pretty good to me.

eagles_victory
04-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Odom-

14.2 ppg
10.6 rpg
3.5 apg

Looks pretty good to me. that is solid dont get me wrong but nothing you would call a game changer. In college those would be really good numbers but no so much for the NBA.

14.2 per game is good for 57th in the league this year. 10.6 rebounds is good for 7th in the leauge but if you go by that for determining game changers then Emeka Okafor Tyson Chandler and Samuel Dalembert should all be considered game changers. Plus just throw out the numbers a game changer comes up big in the clutch whens the last clutch shot Odom hit the Atlantic 10 championship his freshman year at Rhode Island?

Like I said I have no problem with Lebron, Kobe, or Paul getting it but its not like Kobe has a team for of superstars around him. Lebron has less around him by far then either Kobe or Paul.

Necks_Fan
04-26-2008, 11:30 AM
that is solid dont get me wrong but nothing you would call a game changer. In college those would be really good numbers but no so much for the NBA.

14.2 per game is good for 57th in the league this year. 10.6 rebounds is good for 7th in the leauge but if you go by that for determining game changers then Emeka Okafor Tyson Chandler and Samuel Dalembert should all be considered game changers. Plus just throw out the numbers a game changer comes up big in the clutch whens the last clutch shot Odom hit the Atlantic 10 championship his freshman year at Rhode Island?

Like I said I have no problem with Lebron, Kobe, or Paul getting it but its not like Kobe has a team for of superstars around him. Lebron has less around him by far then either Kobe or Paul. Very true on the Lebron statement, although the Cavs are nowhere near the level of the Hornets or Lakers IMO.

I personally think Kobe just has more tools around him. I think Gasol is WAY better that any of the Hornets other players, no matter what any stat says.

eagles_victory
04-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Very true on the Lebron statement, although the Cavs are nowhere near the level of the Hornets or Lakers IMO.

I personally think Kobe just has more tools around him. I think Gasol is WAY better that any of the Hornets other players, no matter what any stat says. The difference between Lebron and Kobe right now is that Kobes jump shot is better which makes him almost impossible to stop when he has everything working.

I think Gasol may be better then any other Hornet right now but David West isnt too far behind. I think assist can be an overrated category thats why I hesitate to give MVP to Paul because of how many assist he has I mean look at last night Dallas shut him down completely and he still got in double digit assist. I just dont see how the best player in the world who is on the best team in the toughest conference isnt MVP.

g$$
04-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Odom-

14.2 ppg
10.6 rpg
3.5 apg

Looks pretty good to me.

Solid yes, like I said.

Superstar - NO & never will be. He fits great in LA w/ Kobe, etc.

Necks_Fan
04-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Solid yes, like I said.

Superstar - NO & never will be. He fits great in LA w/ Kobe, etc. I never said he was a superstar. Where did this come from. I named the impact players on both teams and I listed Odom as one of 'em.

Just trying to make the point that Kobe has a better surrounding cast than Paul, atleast I think so.

GreenMachine
04-27-2008, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't give any award to Lebron. His team is in the playoffs only because they play in the SORRY eastern conference. In the western conference, his team would have been 5 games short of even making the playoffs. :eek: