PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Softball

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Freshman Rhiannon Kliesing tossed her first career no-hitter and helped her cause at the plate by hitting her first homerun as a Texas A&M softball player as the fifth-ranked Aggies (43-7) run-ruled Texas State (30-16) 11-0 on Wednesday evening.

“I felt like we would take care of business tonight,” A&M head coach Jo Evans said. “I was very comfortable going into this game

Very nice!!!

Reds fan
04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Having a tremendous year, even after the injury to Amanda Scarborough. If Kleising continues to improve they are a good bet to return to the NCAA world series.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
i know some of us tshirt UT fans wish Cat was still around.

NastySlot
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

why?

mwynn05
04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
cause she is hot for starters

Panther One
04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think most UT fans just wish she would have been surrounded with a decent offense.

3ABirdMan
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I think most UT fans just wish she would have been surrounded with a decent offense.

To me, that's what makes Gibson such an asset. Not ONLY is she pitching LIGHTS OUT, but look at her hitting stats! :eek: She's a HUGE asset on the rubber OR on 1st base base and in the line-up when not!

g$$
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
cause she is hot for starters

No she's not...great softball pitcher but it ends there. And I've stood right next to her at MMP too.

Let's just say she switches "teams" a lot as well! ;)

A&M is doing great but you can't replace an AA like Scarborough (pitcher & hitter). Medical hardship was applied for thru NCAA. We'll see what they say & if Amanda wants to return anyway.

Texas vs. A&M is next Wed. night on ESPNU (April 30th) fyi...big for LSS & pride. Big 12 Title should go to Ags anyway (14-1 w/ 3 games to go, plus we swept #2 in conference OU).

g$$
04-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Yes, & quality coach too (...Connie Clark?). Look at her record with & without Cat. Night & day difference.

g$$
04-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
To me, that's what makes Gibson such an asset. Not ONLY is she pitching LIGHTS OUT, but look at her hitting stats! :eek: She's a HUGE asset on the rubber OR on 1st base base and in the line-up when not!

Best player in the country, period, because she is a 2-way threat.

Her career #s are just sick. Not bad-looking either!

3ABirdMan
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
:D

I think they have been lucky, and have not missed Scarborough YET!

Key word = YET! They are tough now, and were tougher WITH Scarborough on the roster!

g$$
04-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
:D

I think they have been lucky, and have not missed Scarborough YET!

Key word = YET! They are tough now, and were tougher WITH Scarborough on the roster!

Sure they miss her. 43-7 (I think) & ranked #5 is not lucky though. Others have stepped up & Gibson has been dominant. But you don't replace an AA, nobody does, during the season. Scarborough only played in 15 games before Big 12 play started.

See what happens...would be nice to have both Gibson & Scarborough in NCAA play for sure. Kliesing is a freshman & that's tough on anybody.

NastySlot
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
wish they still had scarborough.....the freshman has done a great job...but aggies will get a regional and I have a feeling it's going to be a tough one....was talking last night with my son...he told me the team looks very solid...I told him the college station regional will be tough...I predicted.......texas state. and houston....but that would be two conference champs so it might not happen..the fourth squad who knows...he threw out possibly UL-Lafayette.........that would be too hard of a regional...what do you guys think?

Panther One
04-24-2008, 08:59 PM
A&M should be a national seed. We're currently fifth in RPI. I'm not sure who we'll get in our regional, but it won't be UH. They'll probably be hosting their own, as they are 10th in RPI. Some possible teams in our regional:

Louisianna-Lafayette
New Mexico
Texas State (or SLC winner)
BYU
Arkansas
A Big Ten team

Baylor will probably head to Baton Rouge for the regional round and there's a good change Texas could wind up at UH. Or one of those two could be shipped across the country, as a team or two from the Big 12 usually is. The Ags were shipped to Massachusettes in 2006.

NastySlot
04-25-2008, 12:09 AM
thanks for the reply and info....i sent you a pm.

that trip to umass is one to forget....not a very good weekend.

Bull19
04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$

A&M is doing great but you can't replace an AA like Scarborough (pitcher & hitter). Medical hardship was applied for thru NCAA. We'll see what they say & if Amanda wants to return anyway.

TALKED TO HER THE OTHER NIGHT AND THE WAY SHE SOUNDED SHE DIDNT SEEM LIKE SHE WOULD COME BACK TO PLAY. SHE SAID SHE HAS HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF IT.