PDA

View Full Version : Regarding American Idol!

Phil C
04-24-2008, 11:17 AM
What a horrible choice to drop Carla last night when Jason was terrible the night before and Brook had a goof up. Those two should have been the bottom two. In fact what was shocking is that Shayesa (spelling?) was one of the bottom two after that great performance on Tuesday night. Shame for shame!

Phil C
04-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Don't get me wrong. I don't think Carla or Shayesa (Spelling?) would win it all but they didn't deserve this.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
What a horrible choice to drop Carla last night when Jason was terrible the night before and Brook had a goof up. Those two should have been the bottom two. In fact what was shocking is that Shayesa (spelling?) was one of the bottom two after that great performance on Tuesday night. Shame for shame!

Out of all those, Carly was my least favorite, but she did really good on Tuesday as did Syesha!

Brooke and Jason didn't do great, I am glad their fanbase believes in them enough to give them another week!!:D

Carly is good, but she is too much of a screamer, IMO!

I like Brooke's throaty folksy voice, and I like Jason's "be true to yourself" style.

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I probably pay attention to dumb stuff, but Paula Abdul is "bouncy" when she stands up and dances.:inlove: :2thumbsup

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I probably pay attention to dumb stuff, but Paula Abdul is "bouncy" when she stands up and dances.:inlove: :2thumbsup

She almost knocked herself out last night!

Phil C
04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Simon's criticism is so constructive that even when it goes against on of them if they listen and heed it increases their potential to be a great singer and entertainer.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
ROFL! I don't post on the AI boards, but I love to read them.

Some people whose favorites get voted off get downright MAD!!!!

Then they hate on the person who they think should have gotten voted off, like it is THAT person's fault that more people voted for them.

It's good for a laugh or two.....they are more anal there then the posters here are!!

Shocking, I know!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM

lol...I get a kick out of watching Simon watch Paula's behavior. You can almost read his mind as in...how stupid can she possibly make herself look? Cracks me up, I spend more time watching them than the singers.

I didn't expect Carly to get the boot last night, I thought it would be Jason actually. I am thinking that he or Brooke should be on the launch pad soon though.

So is everyone thinking that David Cook wins it all this year? I think so.... :)

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...I get a kick out of watching Simon watch Paula's behavior. You can almost read his mind as in...how stupid can she possibly make herself look? Cracks me up, I spend more time watching them than the singers.

I didn't expect Carly to get the boot last night, I thought it would be Jason actually. I am thinking that he or Brooke should be on the launch pad soon though.

So is everyone thinking that David Cook wins it all this year? I think so.... :)

I am thinking the 2 David's will be in the finals! Out of the 2, David Cook is my favorite. David Archuletta can definitely sing, but I am not a "ballad" type of person, which seems to be what he likes.

kepdawg
04-24-2008, 12:40 PM
David Cook drives me crazy! And not in a good way! We should buy him and Paula one way tickets to the moon!

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am thinking the 2 David's will be in the finals! Out of the 2, David Cook is my favorite. David Archuletta can definitely sing, but I am not a "ballad" type of person, which seems to be what he likes.

Agreed, I think David Cook just has more talent, but I like them both. Cook just seems to have a way of making any song his own.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Agreed, I think David Cook just has more talent, but I like them both. Cook just seems to have a way of making any song his own.

Yeah....I still like Jason Castro the best though, for some reason. Maybe because he is a Texas boy!!

BwdLions
04-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah....I still like Jason Castro the best though, for some reason. Maybe because he is a Texas boy!!

He's a freakin aggie. :p

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
He's a freakin aggie. :p

Contrary to the popular trend....I am not a hater of any college!!

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I wonder if she got voted off because her song was controversial...I know a ton of people who consider "Jesus Christ Superstar" to be sacrilegious.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I wonder if she got voted off because her song was controversial...I know a ton of people who consider "Jesus Christ Superstar" to be sacrilegious.

On the American Idol forums, there was LOTS of talk about that!!!

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I thought about that last night as well and think it is highly possible.

I haven't read the AI forums, but would imagine that some of the religion "networking" opportunities could have worked against her. They obviously couldn't vote against her, but they can sure swing alot of votes in the direction of Brooke (the all-American sweetheart) or even David Archuletta (the all-American young dude).:D

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Carly would have lasted longer if her teeth weren't crooked and her clothes are ugly. My favorite is Sayesha.:2thumbsup

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 01:56 PM
I think Carly would have lasted longer if her teeth weren't crooked and her clothes are ugly. My favorite is Sayesha.:2thumbsup

Crooked teeth didn't seem to hurt Elliot Yamin any a couple of years ago...in fact, some dentist fixed his teeth for free after American Idol!!

This puts me in a bad light....but I was VERY put off with that tattoo. I really enjoyed 2 of her performances and both times that arm was covered up....coincidence???

Also....she is from Ireland, she tried out for AI a couple of years ago but had trouble with her Green card, so she had to drop out. I don't consider her an "American" Idol....even thought she is legally a citizen now.

Go ahead and tell me what a crappy person I am!!

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Crooked teeth didn't seem to hurt Elliot Yamin any a couple of years ago...in fact, some dentist fixed his teeth for free after American Idol!!

This puts me in a bad light....but I was VERY put off with that tattoo. I really enjoyed 2 of her performances and both times that arm was covered up....coincidence???

Also....she is from Ireland, she tried out for AI a couple of years ago but had trouble with her Green card, so she had to drop out. I don't consider her an "American" Idol....even thought she is legally a citizen now.

Go ahead and tell me what a crappy person I am!!

The tatoo was a little much. I think that hurt her alot. At least all of my woman's tats are where you can't see them on a normal day. Well, 6 of them show, but like I say, most of them are hidden.:inlove:

gatordaze
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
The tatoo was a little much. I think that hurt her alot. At least all of my woman's tats are where you can't see them on a normal day. Well, 6 of them show, but like I say, most of them are hidden.:inlove:

Did you see he husband in the crowd? Her tattoo is like a hidden butterfly comparitively?

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Did you see he husband in the crowd? Her tattoo is like a hidden butterfly comparitively?

I know, I hope she isn't following suit. Reminds me of Miami and LA Ink. A couple of tats are okay, but the ones that are "sleeved out" are a bit disturbing.

Carly, like many others, are plenty attractive with what God gave them, if you ask me.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I know, I hope she isn't following suit. Reminds me of Miami and LA Ink. A couple of tats are okay, but the ones that are "sleeved out" are a bit disturbing.

Carly, like many others, are plenty attractive with what God gave them, if you ask me.

I just DO NOT like the sleeves, not even on a guy, but especially not a girl!!

BwdLions
04-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Contrary to the popular trend....I am not a hater of any college!!

I didn't say anything about "hate." I just think they're a little too "different" down at aggieland. (I have some in-laws and friends who are aggies).

Ranger Mom
04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I didn't say anything about "hate." I just think they're a little too "different" down at aggieland. (I have some in-laws and friends who are aggies).

I have several friends who are aggie alumni, they seem perfectly normal to me...(well as normal as I can think ANYONE is).

Heck, at least they went to college, I can't say the same for myself!!

CHS_CG
04-25-2008, 09:03 PM
My mom also read Carly has put a record out overseas already too. I didnt think that was allowed but I guess it is. She was ok to me but my favorites left are Jason(power voted for him for an hour) and Brooke.

michaelp23
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM

The only thing "Texas" about that boy is that he happens to live here. That is one strange (and dense) kid!:crazy1: :crazy: