PDA

View Full Version : Talked to one of my ole Buddies, he just got back from Iraq....

Fotbol
04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I saw some pictures of them shaving with bottled water, I didn't know that. He stated some places had running water, both hot and cold, but for the most part bottled water shaving was the norm. Let's not forget what our soldiers are going through.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:25 AM
DUDE!

You are right. All I have to worry about is College Envy and these guys are risking their lives. Puts it in perspective.

NastySlot
04-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I saw some pictures of them shaving with bottled water, I didn't know that. He stated some places had running water, both hot and cold, but for the most part bottled water shaving was the norm. Let's not forget what our soldiers are going through.

i think often of the kids i have taught and coached that serve....and pray for them and their families...

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:40 AM
anyone seen stop loss yet? Is it even out yet?

turbostud
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
anyone seen stop loss yet? Is it even out yet?
Yes I saw it. Its a pretty good movie. It came out a few weeks ago.

Bull's-eye
04-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol

My daughter is serving in the Peace Corp, she is in a small village in Cameroon, Africa. Having running water or a hot shower is a luxury, drinking water must be filtered and sleeping with a mosquito net is part of her normal day. Baking or frying chicken starts with catching a live chicken.