PDA

View Full Version : A tip for husbands with critical wives.....

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Yesterday, my wife of 31 yrs. just absolutely unloaded on me. It started out small just griping about me playing too much golf. Then it started building and gathering momentum until she had named about 10 things about me that were lacking.:sleeping: :blahblah: I took it and didn't argue because most of them were true, ok all of them were true. When she appeared to be finished, I calmly asked her if that was all. She said yes. I said, "I agree with everything you just said. But, I need to remind you that if it weren't for my imperfections I could have gotten a lot better wife!" :taunt: :taunt: :2thumbsup

It was one of those moments that natural born smartasses like me have where the perfect comeback just jumps in your mind. It was like being in a zone.:D

So, if you ever need it, don't hesitate to use it. All I ask is that you remember me fondly when it happens.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm guessing either one of two things happened. Either a) she rolled her eyes, then turned and walked away or b) she laughed. If it's a), did she give you a time period for the dog house or is she speaking to you yet?

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm guessing either one of two things happened. Either a) she rolled her eyes, then turned and walked away or b) she laughed. If it's a), did she give you a time period for the dog house or is she speaking to you yet?

Actually, I locked her IN the house, while I slept out in my pickup. That'll show her.:cool:

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Actually, I locked her IN the house, while I slept out in my pickup. That'll show her.:cool:
Smart idea! :taunt:

Texasfootball2
04-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Yesterday, my wife of 31 yrs. just absolutely unloaded on me. It started out small just griping about me playing too much golf. Then it started building and gathering momentum until she had named about 10 things about me that were lacking.:sleeping: :blahblah: I took it and didn't argue because most of them were true, ok all of them were true. When she appeared to be finished, I calmly asked her if that was all. She said yes. I said, "I agree with everything you just said. But, I need to remind you that if it weren't for my imperfections I could have gotten a lot better wife!" :taunt: :taunt: :2thumbsup

It was one of those moments that natural born smartasses like me have where the perfect comeback just jumps in your mind. It was like being in a zone.:D

So, if you ever need it, don't hesitate to use it. All I ask is that you remember me fondly when it happens.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Used a line very similiar to that one a few years ago. She threw the trash can and hit me in the back of the head. Seriously, this really did happen. Thank goodness it was a plastic can. To be honest with you, it kind of turned me on. Instead of lashing back I turned the whole thing around on her, had her laughing and then she started crying because she felt bad:thumbsup: An then later on................well:D

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Used a line very similiar to that one a few years ago. She threw the trash can and hit me in the back of the head. Seriously, this really did happen. Thank goodness it was a plastic can. To be honest with you, it kind of turned me on. Instead of lashing back I turned the whole thing around on her, had her laughing and then she started crying because she felt bad:thumbsup: An then later on................well:D

Doen't take much to turn us "older" posters on. A good warm breeze does it for me some times. But, I have to admit that none of these type "turn ons" compare with a good, solid 3 iron. :2thumbsup

DDBooger
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM

Burt Reynolds would be proud
*Man Law*
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f289/andy1865/1104776927_m.jpg

Fotbol
04-24-2008, 10:24 AM
DUDE!

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:28 AM
I am guessing she wrapped your 9 iron around your skull.

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I am guessing she wrapped your 9 iron around your skull.

She tried, but she has a real slow backswing which gave me time to duck.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
any word on the fields at Wylie LL park? Nephew has game tonight and tomorrow but im guessing canceled.

Texasfootball2
04-24-2008, 11:10 AM
any word on the fields at Wylie LL park? Nephew has game tonight and tomorrow but im guessing canceled.

Never, Never, Never count out the good ole boys out at the Wylie Little League. There probably out there as we speak putting dry bag out on the infields. Raking and dragging their buttes off. Without any more rain today, I will be surprised if they cancel any of the Major League games. Minors and Juniors maybe:thinking:

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 11:23 AM

per El Presidente "Mitch Hymer" games are ON for tonight. I actually taught him a little trick about how to use gasoline and fire to dry out a field. So the games are on.:)

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Never, Never, Never count out the good ole boys out at the Wylie Little League. There probably out there as we speak putting dry bag out on the infields. Raking and dragging their buttes off. Without any more rain today, I will be surprised if they cancel any of the Major League games. Minors and Juniors maybe:thinking:

I think he is farm league. I hope they dont cancel its a cheap way to entertain my own kids. I just have to go home via a route that doesnt take us past Prime Time.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow!! What are the odds that wife bashing thread would turn to sports talk!!!!!

That's freakin amazing!!!:D :D

Texasfootball2
04-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow!! What are the odds that wife bashing thread would turn to sports talk!!!!!

That's freakin amazing!!!:D :D

Shut your mouth Women! Let's get back on task here:D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Shut your mouth Women! Let's get back on task here:D

Oh no you just didn't!!! :hand:

pirate4state
04-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Shut your mouth Women! Let's get back on task here:D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

RUN TF2, RUN!!! Remember she kills snakes!!!

Texasfootball2
04-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

RUN TF2, RUN!!! Remember she kills snakes!!!

What kind of weapon does she use, remember I've already taken a trash can in the back of the head:D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:48 PM
What kind of weapon does she use, remember I've already taken a trash can in the back of the head:D

Lemme see....I have used a hoe, a shovel and....um....oh yeah...a gun!!:p

Texasfootball2
04-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Lemme see....I have used a hoe, a shovel and....um....oh yeah...a gun!!:p

Oh no, not a gun:foul: As far as the shovel and hoe:taunt: been there, done that:2thumbsup

You don't think they just made up all those farmers/daughters joke do you? They had to have a real live source:wave:

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh no, not a gun:foul: As far as the shovel and hoe:taunt: been there, done that:2thumbsup

You don't think they just made up all those farmers/daughters joke do you? They had to have a real live source:wave:

Y'all are some BAD boys!!!:tisk:

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 01:22 PM

After reading this, I think we should rename you "Double Bogey"...

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 01:34 PM

I had a hoe that hit me with a shovel one time? Is that the same?:confused:

Texasfootball2
04-24-2008, 02:11 PM

Is this the same chick that hit the floor when someone yelled out "lets have a hoe down". If it is, then yep I'd say it's the same;)

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 02:24 PM

Triple Bogey

lol....

garciap77
04-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Get to work nobogey72 ! You got a line at the bank.

jlg043
04-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Im Mos Def going to use that one next time!!!!!

g$$
04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Good stuff Bogey. Doesn't take much for me these days either...:)

STANG RED
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM

Confucius say: Man with too many hoes in life should stop hoeing around, or may get shovel up side head by disgruntled hoe.:p

Yes I have a side job writing for a fortune cookie factory. But for some reason, this one was rejected.
:(

Antec
04-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Mine axucsed me of screwing up our new HD Samsung TV today which was Direct V problem

A tech came over to fix it and missed one detaail on the screen

So i got blamed

Told her to call him not yell at mee

Then she just yelled at me more for telling me what to do

nobogey72
04-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Mine axucsed me of screwing up our new HD Samsung TV today which was Direct V problem

A tech came over to fix it and missed one detaail on the screen

So i got blamed

Told her to call him not yell at mee

Then she just yelled at me more for telling me what to do

OK. The way I see it is that we have 3 problems here.

1.) The tech needs his ass whooped (obviously)

2.) The wife needs to know her role in the deal. (babies and
housework)

3.) Should have got a Sony

Very simple solution. Get these 3 things handled and I think your problem will be handled. She will see it your way (once the swelling goes down.)

:D :D :D :D

Chief Woodman
04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I have used one that is simple and to the point when things like this occur. I tell mine " Gosh and just think, I am the best husband you could find." It is impossible for her to argue with my superior skills of observation.

nobogey72
04-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
I have used one that is simple and to the point when things like this occur. I tell mine " Gosh and just think, I am the best husband you could find." It is impossible for her to argue with my superior skills of observation.

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

ATTABABY!!!!!!!!!!