PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ 21-3A baseball...BC, HJ, Jasper

g$$
04-24-2008, 05:53 AM
I was reading up on these teams getting ready for the playoffs & potential match-ups. Looks like BC, HJ, & Jasper will make the playoffs. Silsbee may be the odd team out, right? Very tough district w/ ranked teams. Golden Triangle always plays good ball.

Specifically, please give me your best scouting report on Hardin-Jefferson:

> Top pitchers? Who is ace & a little about all of them (RHP/LHP, legit velocities, out pitch, etc.)?

> Power team, small ball (bunt, steal bases, aggressive), or combo...i.e. preferred offensive style of play?

> Speed guys?

> Patient approach at plate or free swingers?

> Solid defensively? Best arms, catcher?

> Return 7 starters I read, who makes the engine go?

> What hitter scares you as the opponent in clutch situations?

> Anybody sign to play college ball or might in future?

> Any injuries or problems heading into playoffs?

> Weaknesses? Depth?

> Surprise players this year?

> Anything else you want to add (stats, etc.)?

Anything on BC & Jasper is appreciated too. Just trying to get a feel for some teams I may watch in the playoffs soon. Be glad to answer the same if I have seen a certain team play, but I haven't seen as much ball this year unfortunately.

Thanks a lot & much appreciated. Best of luck to everybody.

3ABirdMan
04-24-2008, 07:19 AM
I'd LOVe to help, but the ball is wrong color......

<=

Bearkat
04-24-2008, 08:20 AM
All 3 of the teams you are asking about can and will crush the baseball.

g$$
04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, I respect the fact that most don't want to share any fans' insight on the teams. I do find it odd though - baseball is baseball. Good pitching, timely hitting, & solid defense win games at any level. Not asking for the keys to Ft. Knox or any CIA secrets here!

Baseball is pretty much an open book. You are what you are. Not a lot of secrets as the season unfolds. But oh well, thanks for the time. Best of luck to all.

JasperDog94
04-24-2008, 06:57 PM
G$$,

Most of the hardcore Golden Triangle posters are on another site. There used to be a bunch of guys around here that could answer your questions, but not anymore.

I'll send you the link to the other site in a pm.

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
If Jasper is anything like the team last year, the SB stat should be way up there and they're FAST! (Hopefully I remember that right.....)

j_dog
04-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If Jasper is anything like the team last year, the SB stat should be way up there and they're FAST! (Hopefully I remember that right.....)
no, u did not remember it rite. they are SLOW, and ........ :( :D

j_dog
04-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Actually, I have not seen much written about Jasper's base stealing this year. Sure, they run, and steal a lot, but not like last year. They have not had to for the most part.

g$$
04-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks to all posters for the help. I appreciate the other site link too. I will check it out.

Best of luck to all.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
G$$,

Most of the hardcore Golden Triangle posters are on another site. There used to be a bunch of guys around here that could answer your questions, but not anymore.

I'll send you the link to the other site in a pm.

Why did they leave the low?

bccards
04-25-2008, 07:24 AM
I refuse to post over there, this is my home, they stole all our members :mad: I've been here too long to dump 3adl

JasperDog94
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why did they leave the low? The other site is strictly a southeast texas forum for all classifications. They're all a bunch of homers anyway...:stirpot: :stirpot:

Bearkat
04-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Well, I respect the fact that most don't want to share any fans' insight on the teams. I do find it odd though - baseball is baseball. Good pitching, timely hitting, & solid defense win games at any level. Not asking for the keys to Ft. Knox or any CIA secrets here!

Baseball is pretty much an open book. You are what you are. Not a lot of secrets as the season unfolds. But oh well, thanks for the time. Best of luck to all.

Realize that your not asking for the keys to Ft. Knox, but you are asking for a very detailed scouting report. Where are you from?

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by bccards
I refuse to post over there, this is my home, they stole all our members :mad: I've been here too long to dump 3adl
:kiss: :inlove: :kiss:

3ABirdMan
04-25-2008, 12:17 PM

Some of us never left, though it would be hard to tell by our # of posts.........

bccards
Junior Varsity

Member #: 18

RIGHT BCCARDS? :D

j_dog
04-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The other site is strictly a southeast texas forum for all classifications. They're all a bunch of homers anyway...:stirpot: :stirpot:
I, for one, also have never left the DL, but for "local" discussions, the SE Texas board has its place. And yes, we are SE Texas homers over there. :D We can get on there and claim that we are the best part of the best region and not get any sass from anyone. :D :)

Sometimes we get "visitors" from other areas. Last Spring, it was a guy from LE pumping up his team's prospects to repeat at state. It was all in fun, but he surely did have a lot of crow to eat after the state games were over. ;) In fact, he may still have some crow leftovers in his freezer. :eek:

But now, it is playoff time, and the DL gets to be more fun! :clap:

bccards
04-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Some of us never left, though it would be hard to tell by our # of posts.........

bccards
Junior Varsity

Member #: 18

RIGHT BCCARDS? :D

Exactly Right 3ABirdMan :D I'm pretty close to you in postcount, and only 4 months difference between us.

g$$
04-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Realize that your not asking for the keys to Ft. Knox, but you are asking for a very detailed scouting report. Where are you from?

I live in Sugar Land. It's baseball - very few secrets in baseball. 9 guys vs. 9 guys. Pitching, defense, hitting, & baserunning. It's not rocket science & trick plays. You are what you are & then play the game. No big deal. Any decent coach can scout a team once & see what they have anyway. Comes down to which team is better over a series. Best of luck.

3ABirdMan
04-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Exactly Right 3ABirdMan :D I'm pretty close to you in postcount, and only 4 months difference between us.

Yeah, but I'm UP by about 10 posts! TAKE THAT!