PDA

View Full Version : Texas baseball continues to struggle...

g$$
04-24-2008, 02:48 AM
UTSA 7
Texas 1
Final @ Austin

UTSA pitcher threw a complete game for the win. Yoakum's Riley Boening took the loss for Texas giving up 3 HRs. He is still working his way back from shoulder surgery.

Texas has lost 5 in a row in Austin & 8/10. Just a crazy year for the Horns. Augie used 2 of his recently relegated "B" teamers in relief Wed. night (Whitmer & Walker) & they did pretty well.

UTSA is a good team (29-12) & will probably make the NCAA tourney. Texas (24-17, 8-10) is fighting for its baseball life right now & travels to Kansas State this weekend. Hard to explain this talented team struggling this much & all the stuff going on outside the lines too. Pitching coach Skip Johnson is in deep trouble from reports...

Panther One
04-24-2008, 03:31 AM
OU lost to Southern Nazarene (whoever that is) and Missouri lost to Southern Illinois. Not a very good night for the Big 12. Thankfully K-State beat UC Irvine and oSu beat Wichita State to give the conference a couple of good wins. Tech, Baylor, and Nebraska all took care of business, too. Kansas lost one to Mother Nature.

g$$
04-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
OU lost to Southern Nazarene (whoever that is) and Missouri lost to Southern Illinois. Not a very good night for the Big 12. Thankfully K-State beat UC Irvine and oSu beat Wichita State to give the conference a couple of good wins. Tech, Baylor, and Nebraska all took care of business, too. Kansas lost one to Mother Nature.

You know, we keep up & I have never heard of Southern Nazarene either! Hope Mizzou limps into CS, but doubtful because they'll be ready. Ok State is getting hot & is a scary team. May make some noise come NCAA play. Pitching depth may be their downfall, we'll see.

I feel badly for UT's Riley Boening. Such a talented LHP & now just does not look the same coming back from shoulder surgery. Velocity is way down, arm slot has changed, & reluctant to throw breaking ball. He's become a "slinger". I've watched him for years in hs & select ball, & he is not right. I'm an Aggie but always hate to see kids get hurt & struggle. Best of luck to him getting healthy.

Bull Butter
04-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
UTSA 7
Texas 1
Final @ Austin

UTSA pitcher threw a complete game for the win. Yoakum's Riley Boening took the loss for Texas giving up 3 HRs. He is still working his way back from shoulder surgery.

Texas has lost 5 in a row in Austin & 8/10. Just a crazy year for the Horns. Augie used 2 of his recently relegated "B" teamers in relief Wed. night (Whitmer & Walker) & they did pretty well.

UTSA is a good team (29-12) & will probably make the NCAA tourney. Texas (24-17, 8-10) is fighting for its baseball life right now & travels to Kansas State this weekend. Hard to explain this talented team struggling this much & all the stuff going on outside the lines too. Pitching coach Skip Johnson is in deep trouble from reports...

Hater;)

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Hater;)

what you expected him to start a post that was about something other than UT?

Bull19
04-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
what you expected him to start a post that was about something other than UT?

:rolleyes: grow up. i bet you didnt even go to UT. you're prolly one of those in the 85% range who are the biggest UT fans ever, and have never even stepped one foot on the campus.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
:rolleyes: grow up. i bet you didnt even go to UT. you're prolly one of those in the 85% range who are the biggest UT fans ever, and have never even stepped one foot on the campus.

What's wrong with that? I've never been to the AAC, but I'm still a Mavs fan. Never been to North Carolina, but I'll root for the Tarheels as long as they're not playing my 'Horns. Its ok to be a fan.

NastySlot
04-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Southern Naz...is an NAIA school.

NastySlot
04-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by g$$
UTSA 7
Texas 1
Final @ Austin

I don't care for the horns too much...but I have always liked their baseball program and teams....even while I was A&M......trust me the ship in Austin will be back on course for the conference tournament..............and the tournament just becomes who can win 3 out 4 or 4 out 4 on a long weekend.....and a good showing gets them in a regional..........the best thing for the horns would be to go on the road for a regional.

Bull19
04-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
What's wrong with that? I've never been to the AAC, but I'm still a Mavs fan. Never been to North Carolina, but I'll root for the Tarheels as long as they're not playing my 'Horns. Its ok to be a fan.

yea but you dont have be one who starts crap everytime something negative is said about them.

im just tired of reading all these post when somebody post a texas score about them losing, some UT fan comes on talking crap(or implying it)......its getting old.

Txbroadcaster
04-24-2008, 09:08 AM
yea but you dont have be one who starts crap everytime something negative is said about them.

im just tired of reading all these post when somebody post a texas score about them losing, some UT fan comes on talking crap(or implying it)......its getting old.

As do Aggie fans if a UT/Tech fan posts an A&M loss...As does Tech fans if a UT/A&M fan post a loss about them

pirate4state
04-24-2008, 09:14 AM

It's funny, the same could be said about certain posters who are constantly talking crap (or implying) about other 3a teams :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmmm

welcome to my world

Bull19
04-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's funny, the same could be said about certain posters who are constantly talking crap (or implying) about other 3a teams :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmmm

welcome to my world

same thing could be said about others on this board too:rolleyes:

i know one specifically

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM

lol ok.. you the pitcher or catcher?

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 09:36 AM

Wouldnt it be different if he was posting the aggie victories also? He doesnt do that. Just posts negative things on UT.

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As does Tech fans if a UT/A&M fan post a loss about them
What?? :confused:

DDBooger
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
lol ok.. you the pitcher or catcher? whoa, are you using prison terminology? lmao:clap:
aggie-ut politics:rolleyes: I just want a school to bring some Trophies home to Tejas! call me whatever kind of fan! lol

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Wouldnt it be different if he was posting the aggie victories also? He doesnt do that. Just posts negative things on UT.
I think you just choose not to notice when he posts positive things about A&M. :p

DDBooger
04-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Wouldnt it be different if he was posting the aggie victories also? He doesnt do that. Just posts negative things on UT. well at least he feigns compassion! we should applaud his efforts to obscure his hate:D

j/k G$$ i don't presume to know your intentions nor care! just trying to get my post count to 1500 :)

DDBooger
04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think you just choose not to notice when he posts positive things about A&M. :p how can you not notice, if A&M dominates UT at table tennis, its posted buddy! ;)

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
I think you just choose not to notice when he posts positive things about A&M. :p

i can go back and show you the threads he starts are about 70% UT related.

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
how can you not notice, if A&M dominates UT at table tennis, its posted buddy! ;) :doh: :doh: I guess I either missed that thread or it got so ugly it had to be shut down. :stirpot: :vrycnfsd:

DDBooger
04-24-2008, 09:45 AM
:doh: :doh: I guess I either missed that thread or it got so ugly it had to be shut down. :stirpot: :vrycnfsd: :rolleyes: you should see the beer pong threads! lol:p

Bull19
04-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Wouldnt it be different if he was posting the aggie victories also? He doesnt do that. Just posts negative things on UT. yest or the day before he posted a thread about an aggie pitcher, who was pitcher of the week or something like that.....thats not a negative post about texas

pirate4state
04-24-2008, 09:54 AM
same thing could be said about others on this board too:rolleyes:

i know one specifically

i know one too

hell, i know about 50 of 'em!

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
First lets count this one.
Then....

A positive UT mention.. maybe (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81230)

and

UT hating (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81079)

and

Wow one that doesnt mention either UT or ags??? WOW (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81125)

and

Only becasue someone said something to him about it the day before (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81122)

and

look another UT post (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81073)

and

More Aggie is better read the thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80619)

and

Doesnt talk about his aggies leading but comments on UT struggles (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80816)

and

Would he post on Aggie softball if they werent playing UT? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80603)

and

had to throw in a UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS related comment (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80476)

and

A legit post with no UT envy (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80426)

and

He did it no UT or ag at all (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80411)

and thats just since the first of the year.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 09:57 AM
yest or the day before he posted a thread about an aggie pitcher, who was pitcher of the week or something like that.....thats not a negative post about texas

but then the second paragraph of that post he talks about a UT kid thats struggling.

Bull19
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
but then the second paragraph of that post he talks about a UT kid thats struggling.

:rolleyes: . well what do you want him to say? UT is having a great year???? the truth sometimes hurt.

but if you want i can start a bunch of threads about how rice murdered a&m if that will make you feel any better?

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
:rolleyes: . well what do you want him to say? UT is having a great year???? the truth sometimes hurt.

but if you want i can start a bunch of threads about how rice murdered a&m if that will make you feel any better?

why do so many of his posts have to be about UT? Why not about his boys and girls in maroon? Dont find it the least bit odd? Is it typical aggie envy that has been going on for over 50 yrs? That must be why you dont see it either.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I am one of the first peopleto get on and bash UT when they have a crap performance. The lack of emotion in the games against KSU and Aggie. Stated that the ags dominated. Never though do I get on here and start a thread about ATM. I could simply care less about them until they are playing UT.

Bull19
04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
i guess its hard to see "it" when the thread is speaking the truth.

themsu97
04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Injured... get a life... get over it...

nobody else takes the time to post anything... it is not his fault that UT has lost 8/10 and was beat by UTSA...

plus... there are two active Aggies on the board who play for the Aggies so most of us are a little more sensative to them... Human nature...

He also stated that this is a crazy year for the horns... which implies that they are usually a dominate team...
geez

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck! Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!

First Verse

All hail to dear old Texas A&M,
Rally around Maroon and White,
Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies,
They are the boys who show the fight.
That good old Aggie spirit thrills us.
And makes us yell and yell and yell; --
So let's fight for dear old Texas A&M,
We're goin' to beat you all to --
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

Second Verse

Good-bye to Texas University.
So long to the Orange and White.
They are the boys who show
the real old fight.
The eyes of Texas are upon you.
That is the song they sing so well,
So, good-bye to Texas University,
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

wow talk about another school in your fight song?

Panther One
04-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I searched for the threads that g$$ has started and here are the topics of the last 20 that he started. These aren't in order of posting, but rather the order of last replies...

UT Baseball
HS Baseball
Pacman to Dallas
A&M/Yoakum Baseball (Travis Starling)
UT Baseball
Pacman
A&M Baseball
How UT regards the LSS
LSS (Lonestar Showdown)
Big 12 Baseball and Softball Standings
Ags vs Horns Softball
Big 12 Transfers
Final Four
High School State Titles
LT's Gilbert sets record
LT game replay on TV
Aggies add commitment
NFL Network
High Def TVs

As someone mentioned, there are those on the board with selective memory. If you haven't noticed, g$$ is a pretty big baseball fan and regardless of what school you root for, when a program as historic as UT's not only has a down year, but creates a B-team this late in the year, it is newsworthy and it is going to attract attention.

Some of you need to open your eyes and see the stuff that is being said towards both sides. There are several UT fans on this board who never pass up an opportunity to take a jab at the Aggies. Losing isn't fun and having the other side point it out to you sucks, but deal with it. As an Aggie, I've put up with it from UT fans for the greater part of ten years now, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Now that the pendulum has swung our way in many sports, you can bet that there are Aggies ready to return the favor. I'm not going to go out of my way to do so, but you're not going to get any sympathy from me when someone else does it. My suggestion is to grow thicker skin. In the end, it's all just a game, anyway. Some people take it too personally.

Fotbol
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
DUDE!

Bull19

First Verse

Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

Second Verse

the real old fight.
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

i was trying back you up and see your point of view, but seriously grow up and get a life.

injuredinmelee
Originally posted by themsu97
Injured... get a life... get over it...

nobody else takes the time to post anything... it is not his fault that UT has lost 8/10 and was beat by UTSA...

plus... there are two active Aggies on the board who play for the Aggies so most of us are a little more sensative to them... Human nature...

He also stated that this is a crazy year for the horns... which implies that they are usually a dominate team...
geez

i didnt say it was his fault that UT athletics has been subpar by its fans and alumni's standards. Just curious as to why he feels it is his obligation to point it out CONSTANTLY? Maybe it isnt me that needs to get a life.

Panther One
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM

First Verse

Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

Second Verse

the real old fight.
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

I know right...

Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
And it's goodbye to A&M.
And we'll put over one more win.
For it's Texas that we love best.
Hail, Hail, The gang's all here,
And it's good-bye to all the rest!
Yea Orange! Yea White!
Yea Longhorns! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!
The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the livelong day.
The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
For it's Texas that we love best.
Hail, Hail, The gang's all here,
And it's good-bye to all the rest!

injuredinmelee
04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
I searched for the threads that g$$ has started and here are the topics of the last 20 that he started. These aren't in order of posting, but rather the order of last replies...

UT Baseball
HS Baseball
Pacman to Dallas
A&M/Yoakum Baseball (Travis Starling)
UT Baseball
Pacman
A&M Baseball
How UT regards the LSS
LSS (Lonestar Showdown)
Ags vs Horns Softball
Big 12 Transfers
Final Four
High School State Titles
LT's Gilbert sets record
LT game replay on TV
Aggies add commitment
NFL Network
High Def TVs

As someone mentioned, there are those on the board with selective memory. If you haven't noticed, g$$ is a pretty big baseball fan and regardless of what school you root for, when a program as historic as UT's not only has a down year, but creates a B-team this late in the year, it is newsworthy and it is going to attract attention.

Some of you need to open your eyes and see the stuff that is being said towards both sides. There are several UT fans on this board who never pass up an opportunity to take a jab at the Aggies. Losing isn't fun and having the other side point it out to you sucks, but deal with it. As an Aggie, I've put up with it from UT fans for the greater part of ten years now, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Now that the pendulum has swung our way in many sports, you can bet that there are Aggies ready to return the favor. I'm not going to go out of my way to do so, but you're not going to get any sympathy from me when someone else does it. My suggestion is to grow thicker skin. In the end, it's all just a game, anyway. Some people take it too personally.

Does he ever post things about Tech losing? What about OU losing? Does he post anything concerning their losses or negative things?

pirate4state
04-24-2008, 10:21 AM
ALL OF YOU GROW UP!!!