PDA

View Full Version : Tornado went through Snyder

STANG RED
04-23-2008, 06:07 PM
My buddy that works for TXU called me a bit ago to cancel our poker game tonight. He said a tornado went through Snyder and took some lines down, but that was all he knew at the time. Said he'd probably working all night over there. I just looked at the radar and it looked like another pretty nasty cell was fixing to hit Snyder also. So far it has all stayed just north of Sweetwater, but I noticed they are drifting south now. Looks like Abilene just got hit pretty hard a few minutes ago also. Roby/Rotan area looks like it has all been hit real hard with several big storms coming through.

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
I hope everyone's okay!

PHS Wildcats
04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
hope all is well

DaHop72
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
It wasn't a pretty sight this afternoon, tornado or high shear winds uprooted 5-6 trees in Towle Park and jerked our 2 year old scoreboard off and threw it up against the shop classroom. Also destroyed a storage building just off the track and the new pole vault pit as well. We were very fortunate with it hitting by the high school and only two blocks from the elementary school and the middle school. At this time I have heard of no injuries so we were very fortunate that no one was hurt.

nobogey72
04-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
My buddy that works for TXU called me a bit ago to cancel our poker game tonight. He said a tornado went through Snyder and took some lines down, but that was all he knew at the time. Said he'd probably working all night over there. I just looked at the radar and it looked like another pretty nasty cell was fixing to hit Snyder also. So far it has all stayed just north of Sweetwater, but I noticed they are drifting south now. Looks like Abilene just got hit pretty hard a few minutes ago also. Roby/Rotan area looks like it has all been hit real hard with several big storms coming through.

Glad everyone's OK. It prolly just saved Stang a pocket full of money. And, I bet his liver is high-fiving in there.:D

jason
04-23-2008, 09:40 PM
it all just went through stephenville....

sucks too, the larry joe taylor music festival is starting tonight, cross canadian ragweed and chris knight were supposed to play....maybe they'll go on later......

pirate4state
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It wasn't a pretty sight this afternoon, tornado or high shear winds uprooted 5-6 trees in Towle Park and jerked our 2 year old scoreboard off and threw it up against the shop classroom. Also destroyed a storage building just off the track and the new pole vault pit as well. We were very fortunate with it hitting by the high school and only two blocks from the elementary school and the middle school. At this time I have heard of no injuries so we were very fortunate that no one was hurt. Glad no one was hurt.