PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Pacman to Dallas...(merged)

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Details to come later, but agreement in principle reached for Pacman Jones to come to Dallas (still suspended by NFL).

Selling your soul to the devil Jerry Jones...he's a THUG, period.

How ya feel about it Cowboys' fans?

jlg043
04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I've been on shaggybevo.com and someone said that espn said the cowboys picked up packman for a 4th round pick and 2009 pick and if he is not reinstated the titans give up their 09 pick not sure which round though can someone claify if this is true?

jlg043
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
I dont think its that bad... i mean if he mess's up o well he aint a projected starter and we move on but if he stays clean a good addition to the team! its only a 4th round pick so i hear

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
I dont think its that bad... i mean if he mess's up o well he aint a projected starter and we move on but if he stays clean a good addition to the team! its only a 4th round pick so i hear

A Pro Bowl player is not a projected starter? Secondary is an area Dallas needs to upgrade & he's not a projected starter? Expect Henry or someone else to move to safety. Pacman is a thug but he can play. Great return man too.

And 4th rounder not big? Check out how many guys over the years make impacts as middle round picks. You make your hay picking in rounds 3-5. Rounds 1-2 are givens for the most part & 6-7 are longshots usually (there are exceptions).

Risky move because of off-field stuff but no question what Pacman can do on the field. Plus, he is still suspended for now.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM
:stirpot:

Could improve the defense, for how long its wait and see.

Txbroadcaster
04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
I dont think he steps in as a starter..will he be a starter by start of season, most likely, but I think he comes in no better than the third CB simply because he has not played in a year

4th round is not a big deal if he stays clean, basically means you get a top 10 player for a 4th round pick

Word is there is some wording in trade that if he messes up in first year Titans will compensate Dallas in some way

Low-Risk high reward situation

He will either stay clean and in 5 years be a feel good story or will fall on his face and in 5 years be a warning to young players

We shall see

Bull19
04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
who cares, im a bandwagon cowboy's fan anyway.

jlg043
Originally posted by g$$
A Pro Bowl player is not a projected starter? Secondary is an area Dallas needs to upgrade & he's not a projected starter? Expect Henry or someone else to move to safety. Pacman is a thug but he can play. Great return man too.

And 4th rounder not big? Check out how many guys over the years make impacts as middle round picks. You make your hay picking in rounds 3-5. Rounds 1-2 are givens for the most part & 6-7 are longshots usually (there are exceptions).

Risky move because of off-field stuff but no question what Pacman can do on the field. Plus, he is still suspended for now.

at this point and time he aint projected to start... I aint saying he aint a starting material at all but on dallascowboys.com they have been saying if they pick him up he would come in on the Nickle package... I think trading him for a 4th rounder isn't a big deal when you get a 1st round material like Pacman!

Txbroadcaster
I am hearing if Pacman stays clean for a year Dallas sends another late round pick..If he messes up Titans send a 4th round pick back to Dallas

SintonFan_inAustin
04-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
who cares, im a bandwagon cowboy's fan anyway. thats what i like to hear.:) Just Win Baby!!

SintonFan_inAustin
04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
seems like it is:)

SintonFan_inAustin
04-23-2008, 05:44 PM
just in time too, the Rangers are about done for the year and can focus back on the Cowboys.

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think he steps in as a starter..will he be a starter by start of season, most likely, but I think he comes in no better than the third CB simply because he has not played in a year

4th round is not a big deal if he stays clean, basically means you get a top 10 player for a 4th round pick

Word is there is some wording in trade that if he messes up in first year Titans will compensate Dallas in some way

Low-Risk high reward situation

He will either stay clean and in 5 years be a feel good story or will fall on his face and in 5 years be a warning to young players

We shall see

He will end up as a starter, period.

Guy can play but JJ sure doesn't care about PR. He's a risk-taker going back to his oil/gas days & making millions. There is wording to compensate Dallas if Pacman acts like Pacman again.

Just win baby, right JJ, at all costs?

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:51 PM
at this point and time he aint projected to start... I aint saying he aint a starting material at all but on dallascowboys.com they have been saying if they pick him up he would come in on the Nickle package... I think trading him for a 4th rounder isn't a big deal when you get a 1st round material like Pacman!

1st round talent & 1st rate THUG too.

Never said he couldn't play...of course he can play at a high level, & he will be a starter soon if reinstated.

Lots of IFs about him though...like IF he can stay out of jail? Been arrested 6 times since 2005.

ronwx5x
04-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Does Jerry have to pay the whole salary if he comes back? Seems they might want to negotiate a new contract with some behavior controls.

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Does Jerry have to pay the whole salary if he comes back? Seems they might want to negotiate a new contract with some behavior controls.

TXB may know...specifics are still coming out. I'm sure Dallas is negotiating to protect themselves in case he acts up again.

(BTW, like your sig!)

Txbroadcaster
04-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TXB may know...specifics are still coming out. I'm sure Dallas is negotiating to protect themselves in case he acts up again.

No I dont know that yet..supposedly his agent has been saying they will do a deal with stipulations, but nothing has been said yet

Even if it is original deal, it is not a huge dollar contract

g$$
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
No I dont know that yet..supposedly his agent has been saying they will do a deal with stipulations, but nothing has been said yet

Even if it is original deal, it is not a huge dollar contract

But isn't Bud Adams trying to recoup some of the original signing bonus $$? That has been a sticking point I believe. In the NFL, very few contracts are guaranteed. Players get up front signing bonuses & very little else guaranteed. That is why you can't believe the $$ figures thrown out because not all of it is guaranteed. MLB & NBA need to adopt this...good luck with those unions though. Won't happen.

g$$
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Just wondering...can Pacman live with roommates TO & Tank Johnson? That would work out well.

And, maybe Michael Irvin can serve as his mentor since he had him on his radio show & helped spur this along...

Whatcha think? ;)

jlg043
04-23-2008, 06:05 PM
not too great of an idea...

JasperDog94
04-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Pacman was the first guy to get hit hard by the new NFL conduct policy. This is his second chance (by NFL standards). He gets his shot and is a low risk/high reward for the Cowboys. We'll see what happens.

jlg043
04-23-2008, 06:07 PM
but like i said its a great addition and only that... if he falls off o' well thats something we had to think about before signing... he wont pull us down and then we end up as crappy as the Dolphins! if he goes he goes we went 13-3 without him so o well... but with him we could go 14-2... he is an addition and an addition only he wont pull us down

g$$
04-23-2008, 06:11 PM
but like i said its a great addition and only that... if he falls off o' well thats something we had to think about before signing... he wont pull us down and then we end up as crappy as the Dolphins! if he goes he goes we went 13-3 without him so o well... but with him we could go 14-2... he is an addition and an addition only he wont pull us down

That is TBD...lots of IFS with Pacman. Guy can play no doubt, but a shady character.

jlg043
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That is TBD...lots of IFS with Pacman. Guy can play no doubt, but a shady character.

yea no doubt... he has messed up big time before... hopefully he straightens out... if he messes up I know Jerry put something in his contract that says if he messes up he goes we get money back you know to keep his nose clean... if he goes we will pretty much get our pick back and if he stays we got a 1st for a 4th

jlg043
04-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I was thinking pick up Sweed with the 22nd or if he is gone trade 28th and another for Roy Williams/Lions... and spend 22nd on a db and pick up Jamaal Charles in the 2nd... IF ONLY!!! i wished!:D

BreckTxLonghorn
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I was thinking pick up Sweed with the 22nd or if he is gone trade 28th and another for Roy Williams/Lions... and spend 22nd on a db and pick up Jamaal Charles in the 2nd... IF ONLY!!! i wished!:D

ESPN's got the right idea--draft Felix Jones at 22 then Limas at 28.

jlg043
04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

If the Titans dont take him!!!!

BreckTxLonghorn
04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just wondering...can Pacman live with roommates TO & Tank Johnson? That would work out well.

And, maybe Michael Irvin can serve as his mentor since he had him on his radio show & helped spur this along...

Whatcha think? ;)

While you don't like TO, I cannot recall him ever messing up with the law. He's been a crybaby, a pot-stirrer (sound familiar :devil: ), and a distraction at times, but he's never been arrested for something on the lines of pac-man. To compare the two in that manner is ridiculous.

I like him living with Tank. Isn't Tank still on House Arrest? If so, he'll be a chaperone. If Pac-man messes up, then Tank shoots him!

Call it selling your soul--I call it giving a second chance for a low price. Yes, you build teams with 4th round picks, but you don't add on a ton to an already built team with one. Pac-man has more of a chance to help the Cowboys now, and with the roster the way it is, that's what is needed.

Jerry is a smart man, he doesn't stay rich for no reason. I'm sure the deal with have enough stipulations for him to back out.

Lion_Addict
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM

I like the thought of that myself. I really hope they can get Limas. Fella's gonna be a star.

Trashman
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
It does not matter what any of us think, Boss Hogg, I mean Jerry, will find a way to screw up the draft. He always does. He should leave football decisions to football people.

The people who post on this board have more football sense in their little fingers than jerry has in his entire body!

Sorry............thanks for letting me vent.:mad:

Bull19
04-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
It does not matter what any of us think, Boss Hogg, I mean Jerry, will find a way to screw up the draft. He always does. He should leave football decisions to football people.

The people who post on this board have more football sense in their little fingers than jerry has in his entire body!

how do you know this was jerry's idea to go get pacman?

BreckTxLonghorn
04-23-2008, 07:05 PM

Notable draft choices since 2003:

Anthony Spencer
Nick Folk
Carpenter
Fasano
Spears
Ware
Barber III
Jones
Witten
Crayton
--plus traded a pick that gave us Cleveland's first round this year, and unless you were a fortune-teller, you def didn't see the Browns being decent when this was made.

...yeah, he's been screwing up all over the place:rolleyes:

With the exception of Carpenter, and maybe J.Jones (though until MBIII came along, he wasn't being hounded to be benched-- he just wasn't as explosive), Jerry's done pretty solid drafting significant players for the team.

You can gripe about years before that, but that's just grasping at straws. Jerry screwed up a bunch in the past, but now he's allowed input from the coaches and scouts and has done solid in the draft, which has built the Cowboys into a contender and back to the ranks of "super bowl or bust" teams.

Matthew328
04-23-2008, 07:07 PM
JJ's drafts the past few years have been pretty darn good...

Trashman
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Notable draft choices since 2003:

Anthony Spencer
Nick Folk
Carpenter
Fasano
Spears
Ware
Barber III
Jones
Witten
Crayton
--plus traded a pick that gave us Cleveland's first round this year, and unless you were a fortune-teller, you def didn't see the Browns being decent when this was made.

...yeah, he's been screwing up all over the place:rolleyes:

With the exception of Carpenter, and maybe J.Jones (though until MBIII came along, he wasn't being hounded to be benched-- he just wasn't as explosive), Jerry's done pretty solid drafting significant players for the team.

You can gripe about years before that, but that's just grasping at straws. Jerry screwed up a bunch in the past, but now he's allowed input from the coaches and scouts and has done solid in the draft, which has built the Cowboys into a contender and back to the ranks of "super bowl or bust" teams.

Everybody knows that those were the Tuna's picks:taunt:

Trashman
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
how do you know this was jerry's idea to go get pacman?

The Tuna has left the building just like the Jimster and Jerry is large and in charge.:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I like him living with Tank. Isn't Tank still on House Arrest? If so, he'll be a chaperone. If Pac-man messes up, then Tank shoots him!
Oh my gosh! That is the funniest thing I've read since all this Pacman stuff started! :clap: :clap: :D

BreckTxLonghorn
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Everybody knows that those were the Tuna's picks:taunt:

Spencer and Folk weren't. But Carpenter was.

And still, Jimmy let Tuna make the picks. A sign of maturity IMO.

Cowboys will be fine--just keep stirrin the pot:)

KATS
04-23-2008, 08:30 PM
NFL access reported today the cowboys gave up a fourth round pick to the titans for pacman jones. If he is reinstated, he plays for the cowboys. If he does not play, they get the pick back from the titans next year.

Adidas410s
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81264

pirate4state
04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh my gosh! That is the funniest thing I've read since all this Pacman stuff started! :clap: :clap: :D :ditto:

Great stuff breck LOL

as for everything else.....

same song, different verse *yawn*

Macarthur
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
As a cowboys fan, I'm not thrilled, but everything I read says JJ got plenty of insurance if he goes off the reservation.

kepdawg
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Pacman's not the first shady character to play for the 'boys and he won't be the last.

What I really want to know is if he can suit up for the Mavs? They could use somebody like him for game 3!

g$$
04-24-2008, 02:04 AM
While you don't like TO, I cannot recall him ever messing up with the law. He's been a crybaby, a pot-stirrer (sound familiar :devil: ), and a distraction at times, but he's never been arrested for something on the lines of pac-man. To compare the two in that manner is ridiculous.

Call it selling your soul--I call it giving a second chance for a low price. Yes, you build teams with 4th round picks, but you don't add on a ton to an already built team with one. Pac-man has more of a chance to help the Cowboys now, and with the roster the way it is, that's what is needed.

Jerry is a smart man, he doesn't stay rich for no reason. I'm sure the deal with have enough stipulations for him to back out.

Joke around much? I never said TO was a criminal, in fact we talked about him for about 900 pages recently & I clearly stated why I don't care for him. THUG was reserved for Pacman.

Pacman is a difference-maker that can help put a team over the top. Of course TO was supposed to do that too. I'm well aware how the draft works. You can find gems in the 3-5 rounds, sometimes later (Tom Brady was a 6th).

JJ is a smart man. Unscrupulous too. Just win baby, the new maverick a la Al Davis of years past. Of course, his Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over a decade...desperate times call for desperate measures. Only time will tell how this works out.

g$$
04-24-2008, 02:14 AM
And still, Jimmy let Tuna make the picks. A sign of maturity IMO.

Cowboys will be fine--just keep stirrin the pot:)

I think you mean Jerry...but we all know who runs the Cowboys.

You mentioned some good picks...Jerry also drafted the "great" qb Quincy Carter too & WR Antonio Bryant. I could name many other busts, so can just about every team. It happens.

Most of his personnel guys went to Miami. Drafts lately had been much better. Now, we'll see.

Jerry is a phenomenal businessman, but he should leave the football decisions to his football people. But he won't & it's wasted breath. Ask Jimmy Johnson...

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$

(BTW, like your sig!)

I've heard that the Cowboys have renegotiated the contract, and his new contract has ZERO guaranteed money. Basically, if he stays clean and gets on the field and stays on the field, he gets paid. If he doesn't, he gets absolutely nothing.

I think that's a great contract for the Cowboys.

Fotbol
04-24-2008, 10:24 AM
DUDE!