PDA

View Full Version : Bear In Will Ferrell's Movie Kills Trainer!!!

Bull19
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
SHOCKING!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=561426&in_page_id=1811

Panther One
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Guess the bear was pissed for being in a Will Ferrell movie...

Joking aside, is anyone ever really surprised when this happens? If you choose to work with wild animals, then you run this risk. For animals like Grizzlies, "tame" simply means that they are less likely to act on natural instict and kill you. It's sad when a trainer is attacked and killed, but it's not like they didn't know the risks involved.

Bull19
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Joking aside, is anyone ever really surprised when this happens? If you choose to work with wild animals, then you run this risk. For animals like Grizzlies, "tame" simply means that they are less likely to act on natural instict and kill you. It's sad when a trainer is attacked and killed, but it's not like they didn't know the risks involved.

suprised, no......playing with a bear is like playing with a loaded gun

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Agreed.

I cringe every time I see a wild animal being kept as a "pet". You are looking for trouble doing that. Only a matter of time before natural instincts take over & a death happens.

PHS Wildcats
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok, I'm confused, when did this attack happen, during the filming of Semi-Pro or was this during a new movie.

Prayers to his family

coachc45
04-24-2008, 12:09 PM
New movie......

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Sad...:(

It makes me wonder why they even write movie scripts (especially comedies) that require using such dangerous animals like lions, tigers, bears, elephants etc...

There sure have been alot of them over the years. Did anyone see that documentary a couple of years ago (can't remember the name) where the guy and his girlfriend were ultimately killed by the bears they were documenting in Alaska? It was crazy.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Sad...:(

It makes me wonder why they even write movie scripts (especially comedies) that require using such dangerous animals like lions, tigers, bears, elephants etc...

There sure have been alot of them over the years. Did anyone see that documentary a couple of years ago (can't remember the name) where the guy and his girlfriend were ultimately killed by the bears they were documenting in Alaska? It was crazy.

Is that the one where you could hear it on the video?? If so, that was AWFUL!!!!

Timothy Treadwell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell)

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is that the one where you could hear it on the video?? If so, that was AWFUL!!!!

Timothy Treadwell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell)

That was him...the documentary was called Grizzly Man. He was one, strange dude, and yes, the audio was absolutely horrific!

:(

PHS Wildcats
04-24-2008, 07:45 PM
In that case I don't think I'll listen to it.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
In that case I don't think I'll listen to it.

The link I provided isn't an audio link to the attack, it is the wikipedia page about the guy.