PDA

View Full Version : Scientist Says Prepare for New Ice Age

icu812
04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
This guy isn't using Gore's playbook. Better go burn some fossil fuel.

From Foxnews:

Scientist: Forget Global Warming, Prepare for New Ice Age
Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sunspot activity has not resumed up after hitting an 11-year low in March last year, raising fears that — far from warming — the globe is about to return to an Ice Age, says an Australian-American scientist.

Physicist Phil Chapman, the first native-born Australian to become an astronaut with NASA [he became an American citizen to join up, though he never went into space], said pictures from the U.S. Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) showed no spots on the sun.

He said the world cooled quickly between January last year and January this year, by about 0.7 degrees Centigrade.

"This is the fastest temperature change in the instrumental record, and it puts us back to where we were in 1930," Chapman wrote in The Australian Wednesday. "If the temperature does not soon recover, we will have to conclude that global warming is over."

JasperDog94
04-23-2008, 02:48 PM
He will soon be blasted by the global warming crowd and they will try to discredit him.

And has anyone noticed that it is no longer "global warming"? The new term is "climate change".:speech:

BobcatBenny
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
He will soon be blasted by the global warming crowd and they will try to discredit him.

And has anyone noticed that it is no longer "global warming"? The new term is "climate change".:speech:
Dude, there is not a "Global Warming" crowd anymore.

They changed their name to "Global Climate Change" crowd. :eek:

That way if it gets warmer or cooler, they can complain. Imagint that! :D

nobogey72
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

That way if it goes either direction, they are covered.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
That way if it goes either direction, they are covered.:rolleyes:

Kinda like when the weather man says there's a 50% chance
of rain.

Panther One
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Dang...I hate cold weather. I was looking forward to Global Warming.

STANG RED
04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Man I cant wait till we can build ski resorts on those hills south of town. And with the wind turbines all over them there will be not shortage of power. Life is gonna be good!:D

Well, except for the fact that I hate cold weather.:(

Blitzkrieg
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
and this new ice age is true how long will it take for us to feel its affects...a bijillion years?

BILLYFRED0000
04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
and this new ice age is true how long will it take for us to feel its affects...a bijillion years?

Didn't you see Day After Tomorrow? In 7 to 10 days this storm will change the face of the planet. We will be in the new Ice Age by May 3rd.

mustang04
04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
talking about sunspots, i was reading about the cycles of them and how they reverse polarization and things like that and also about the planets gravity effect on the sun and also about how our changing position in the milky way is all like working in effect to supposedly in 2012 is when like everything is aligned just right and all this other stuff that it will cause extreme solar flairs and whatnot that could end mankind

i know everybody has heard about the end of the mayan calender on dec. 21 2012 and stuff...but if you actually researched the science behind it and how they figured out about all those sun cycles and stuff its pretty sweet...just thought i'd throw that in there!

mustang04
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Sorry for the double-post but here is the link:

http://www.viewzone.com/endtime.html

even tho many are skeptical, it's still interesting to read about all that stuff

orange machine
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
talking about sunspots, i was reading about the cycles of them and how they reverse polarization and things like that and also about the planets gravity effect on the sun and also about how our changing position in the milky way is all like working in effect to supposedly in 2012 is when like everything is aligned just right and all this other stuff that it will cause extreme solar flairs and whatnot that could end mankind

i know everybody has heard about the end of the mayan calender on dec. 21 2012 and stuff...but if you actually researched the science behind it and how they figured out about all those sun cycles and stuff its pretty sweet...just thought i'd throw that in there!

Not to cause an argument because there really isnt one to start, but nobody knows the time of the end so for anyone to believe the mayan calender is a absolute fallacy just my 2 cents.

mustang04
04-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Not to cause an argument because there really isnt one to start, but nobody knows the time of the end so for anyone to believe the mayan calender is a absolute fallacy just my 2 cents.

yeah i dont think its really a prediction for the end...but i do think that it is just the coincidence of how all those different cycles will like coincide or what not supposedly on that date, the mayans were pretty smart about that kind of stuff but like you said i dont think anyone knows the time of the end accept for the Almighty....

lakers
04-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah i dont think its really a prediction for the end...but i do think that it is just the coincidence of how all those different cycles will like coincide or what not supposedly on that date, the mayans were pretty smart about that kind of stuff but like you said i dont think anyone knows the time of the end accept for the Almighty....

:thumbsup:

my same take on it...My guess is that the mayans will be wrong...

BobcatBenny
04-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by lakers
:thumbsup:

my same take on it...My guess is that the mayans will be wrong...
Well, considering that they didn't avoid their own destruction by predicting when that might happen, I think you are safe in taking the bet that they wouldn't be able to predict the end of time either.

sinton66
04-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Maybe the Mayan that was doing that calendar got as far as Dec. 12, 2012 and then ran out of the standard Indian "vision generator".:D

Bull Butter
04-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I heard the same thing in 1977

orange machine
04-24-2008, 01:17 AM
The one thing that i do know is that God did say that there would be people who would be able to predict future events. People like Nostradamus are able to predict things because they are inspired and given there ability by satan.

mustang04
04-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
The one thing that i do know is that God did say that there would be people who would be able to predict future events. People like Nostradamus are able to predict things because they are inspired and given there ability by satan.

there?

:D :D

:devil: