PDA

View Full Version : Some sad numbers for the Mavs

Adidas410s
04-23-2008, 09:16 AM
came across this today:

You may already be aware of this data, but I find these numbers to be staggering.

Since Game 3 of the Miami series…
Mavs are 2-10 in playoff games
Mavs are 0-8 on the road in playoff games
Mavs have outscored opponents in the 4th qtr one time in 12 games
Mavs shoot 35 percent in 4th qtr in those games
Mavs outscored by an avg of 4 pts in the 4th qtr during that stretch

I couldn’t begin to know the FT numbers, but I suspect those stats are even more distressing.

Another interesting thought, the Mavericks under Avery have a record of 2-6 in the first game of playoff series. In second games, they’re 6-2.

NastySlot
04-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Mavericks????????????the people of Dallas deserves them....and Mavericks deserve Dallas.

injuredinmelee
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
nm

3afan
04-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Mavericks????????????the people of Dallas deserves them....and Mavericks deserve Dallas.

:confused:

Sweetwater Red
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
:confused:

Another jealous Dallas Cowboy hater?:thinking:

waterboy
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I say the Mavericks are weak. They just let themselves get intimidated waaaaaaaayy too easily. Don't know what it's gonna take for them to get rid of their SOFT ways. They HAVE to make a statement somehow, and not let other teams get away with that crap. About the only way, short of getting players suspended, is to WIN against those type of teams.

kepdawg
04-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I say the Mavericks are weak. They just let themselves get intimidated waaaaaaaayy too easily. Don't know what it's gonna take for them to get rid of their SOFT ways. They HAVE to make a statement somehow, and not let other teams get away with that crap. About the only way, short of getting players suspended, is to WIN against those type of teams.

Somebody needs to do to Chris Paul what he did to Julius Hodge.

Emerson1
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I am now 100% sure Avery is gone this off season.

PHS Wildcats
04-23-2008, 08:22 PM
:clap:..... don't feel bad, we're down 0-2 as well

Emerson1
04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
:clap:..... don't feel bad, we're down 0-2 as well
?

The heat didn't make the playoffs

PHS Wildcats
04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
my point exactly... worst record in the league and didn't sniff the playoffs. (I hope we get Beasley)

i started rooting for the Suns when Shaq was traded and they gave the spurs 2 games.:(

orange machine
04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I still say they need to try to get rid of Dirk. He is a good player, but does not have the killer instinct in him. The only reason i pick on Dirk is because he is supposed to be the leader and the super star on the team. Dirk had the supporting cast around him in 06 to win the title, but failed. Its time to start over if im Mark Cuban and that means getting rid of Dirk.

Emerson1
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I still say they need to try to get rid of Dirk. He is a good player, but does not have the killer instinct in him. The only reason i pick on Dirk is because he is supposed to be the leader and the super star on the team. Dirk had the supporting cast around him in 06 to win the title, but failed. Its time to start over if im Mark Cuban and that means getting rid of Dirk.
Trade Dirk for who? They can't trade him for a superstar like Kobe. There are only 3 or 4 players in the league with the killer instinct you are looking for. Dirk is not the reason they are losing, he has had 31 and 27 this series. Dirk was the reason they even made it to the finals, he averaged 27 a game.

orange machine
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Trade Dirk for who? They can't trade him for a superstar like Kobe. There are only 3 or 4 players in the league with the killer instinct you are looking for. Dirk is not the reason they are losing, he has had 31 and 27 this series. Dirk was the reason they even made it to the finals, he averaged 27 a game.

Then tell me why in 06 when the Mavs had the best team they ever have had they flopped. Like i said i pick on Dirk because this is supposed to be his team and just like Dan Marino he was a great player, but could not win the big one. Its time for change for the mavs, Dirk had his shot along with other mavericks, but could not get it done. Now they are getting worse each year. Next year they probably wont even make the playoffs. Face it the maves are washed up and Dirk with them.

Emerson1
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
And who do you suppose they trade dirk for?

He still has 3 years left in his prime then his numbers might start to decline. I will wait until after next season when Avery is gone and they have someone who knows what they are doing out there to pass judgement.

Having a consistent #2 scoring option would help out justa bit. Josh Howard sucking is what has hurt them this season.

kepdawg
04-23-2008, 11:26 PM
At least they made the playoffs! Whatever that's worth. :thinking: