PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ Bellville

State_In_08
04-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Navasota - 4
Bellville - 1

We faced Tallerine tonight and I want to give a big shoutout to our whole lineup who I thought hit really well, including Eugene Castillo (#9) who hit an absolute frozen rope in the gap to score two big runs, and Kye Hildreth (#2) who finally got a break when he's been hitting the ball hard all year.

Our defense was also solid, including Pedro Rivera (#5) and Tommy Mock (#15) who turned a crucial double play in the 6th.

Personally, I had my best game of the year... threw a CG, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 7 K's. Great way to end my high school career. Good luck to Bellville, Caldwell, and Giddings in the playoffs.

XMan
04-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Bellville loses again? Not a good way to go into the playoffs with 2 consecutive losses.

Brahma84
04-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Bellville has played flat since they won the district championship. If they expect to have any chance in the playoffs, they need to get their focus back real fast. It looks like they could be playing Jasper, if Jasper wins their first round game. Rumor at the game last night was that Cuero may come to Bellville next week for a tune-up game.

gtownfan
04-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Navasota - 4
Bellville - 1

We faced Tallerine tonight and I want to give a big shoutout to our whole lineup who I thought hit really well, including Eugene Castillo (#9) who hit an absolute frozen rope in the gap to score two big runs, and Kye Hildreth (#2) who finally got a break when he's been hitting the ball hard all year.

Our defense was also solid, including Pedro Rivera (#5) and Tommy Mock (#15) who turned a crucial double play in the 6th.

Personally, I had my best game of the year... threw a CG, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 7 K's. Great way to end my high school career. Good luck to Bellville, Caldwell, and Giddings in the playoffs.

So Giddings beat La Grange last night? Any Score?

gtownfan
04-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan

Sorry, found the score - 5-1.

Hornet Mom 2
04-23-2008, 07:18 AM

Giddings 5
LaGrange 1

Caldwell 12
Smithville 8

Bull19
04-23-2008, 08:02 AM
looks like bellville district title might have gone to their heads a little bit. if they play jasper the way they played last night it could get very ugly

hookandladder
04-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Navasota - 4
Bellville - 1

A few days ago someone stated that the teams in our District were overall weak, I think this might prove his point. I do not see any team out of our district making it past the second round. No team seems to have defense,pitching and hitting to make any type of run in the playoffs.

Bull19
04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
A few days ago someone stated that the teams in our District were overall weak, I think this might prove his point. I do not see any team out of our district making it past the second round. No team seems to have defense,pitching and hitting to make any type of run in the playoffs.

:iagree:

Reds fan
04-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Navasota - 4
Bellville - 1

Congratulations young man, you pitched a great game!:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
looks like bellville district title might have gone to their heads a little bit. if they play jasper the way they played last night it could get very ugly

Dont understand what has happened to the pitching staff? Looks like Huebner is the ace of the staff, he has looked the best over all. Hope the rest comes together in the play-offs.

Bulligator
04-24-2008, 12:02 AM
The pitching staff has been overworked since Mueller was unable to keep his spot in the rotation against Giddings the first round. Tallerine needs rest, but the coach wouldn't even pull him after a 10 run lead in Smithville. There are some other relief pitchers on the team that were successful early in the season and could use the experience. Huebner has come in and saved the games that Bellville was behind in. In my opinion, they need to take a few days off to exorcise the hitting demons. State in 08 made the top hitters look silly Tuesday night. They are also in need of leadership on the team. With only two starting seniors, there appears to be a lack of it. If you go back to the football season, you will know what I mean. Bellville has a good group of players coming up, but need a leader to emerge and take control. I don't mean to criticize as I am just an outsider with no connections other than being a fan looking in on the situation. Coach Cerny has been in this long enough to realize what he has and what he has to do to win. The rest is up to the team. Good luck to Brahmas in the playoffs!

XMan
04-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Now is the time for the fans and supporters of the team to jump on board and really support the players/coaches/parents. Its easy to be a front runner and jump on when the team is winning. Now that they are hitting a few bumps in the long road of a season is when support is needed most. What is not needed is second guessing, blame, and excuses. Im sure the boys are working hard to get back on track. On the boys end, they need to not let any of the spring distractions (sr. parties, skipping school, prom, etc) get in the way of a long playoff run. Need to get the fans in the stands and get ready for playoff time. The games wont really count for another week and a half. Brahmas need to be firing on all cylinders when that time comes.

The X

Bull19
04-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Coach Cerny has been in this long enough to realize what he has and what he has to do to win. The rest is up to the team. Good luck to Brahmas in the playoffs! you nailed it right there. cerny DOES know what he's doing. let the man coach and do his thing. come playoff time he will have the boys in the best position to win as he can. the rest will be up to them.

buff4ever
04-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder

Thanx, that was me and I stand behind it. With that being said, it is baseball and anything can happen. If Giddings can get in a one game playoff and have masek and berry available, put some hits together, anything can happen.

But this surprise can only work once or twice, like you said no one here (D23) has anything resembling a total package to win consistantly against playoff caliber teams.

BY THE WAY, great game state in 08

Buffgal
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
If Giddings can get in a one game playoff and have masek and berry available, put some hits together, anything can happen.

Giddings has a great team, best all around athletic team IMO. Get their minds together and this group can and will make something happen.

May not see it this year but I am a firm believer that you will see a dominating team in the next few years. For many on this team, a baseball game is "their Friday night." & they play alot of summer games & work hard w/lessons, etc in the offseason to get better. It will pay off.

Good luck Giddings, Congra'ts on getting yourself past district. it's been a good while since that's happened in G Town. We are all very proud of you.

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into innings." My mom sentiment from the yard chair.

pirate4state
04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Navasota - 4
Bellville - 1

Congrats on your performance!! :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Someone allready said this, were you at this game?

Bull19
04-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES HOW P4S POSTS ON BELLVILLE THREADS ONLY WHEN THEY LOSE?

REAL CLASSY.:thinking:

I_DONT_CARE
04-25-2008, 08:02 AM
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES HOW P4S POSTS ON BELLVILLE THREADS ONLY WHEN THEY LOSE?

MAYBE HER COMMENT WAS TOWARD THE YOUNG MAN WHO PITCHED AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BELLVILLE! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES HOW THE ONLY TIME BELLVILLE FOLKS POST ON A SINTON THREAD IS TO CHEER FOR THE OTHER TEAM? REAL CLASSY. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull19
04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES HOW THE ONLY TIME BELLVILLE FOLKS POST ON A SINTON THREAD IS TO CHEER FOR THE OTHER TEAM? REAL CLASSY. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: IF YOU DONT CARE THEN WHY DO YOU TAKE THE TIME TO POST?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES HOW THE ONLY TIME BELLVILLE FOLKS POST ON A SINTON THREAD IS TO CHEER FOR THE OTHER TEAM? REAL CLASSY. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And someone from Sinton will do the same anytime it is vs Bellville!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2008, 09:54 AM

No, others have noticed!!!