PDA

View Full Version : Silly question for softball fans

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Sinton played a "warm up" game tonight against CC King. We won 2-1, good game for our girls.

My question is: does this game count toward our "win/loss" record? :thinking:

Sinton....000 001 1...2 7 1
CC King.. 000 000 1.. 1 2 3

sinton66
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I think it does. If it's UIL sanctioned and such, pretty sure it counts.

Bull19
04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
no

SintonFan_inAustin
04-22-2008, 10:14 PM
chalked it up as a win :)

Emerson1
04-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Ya, it's just a non-district game. You are limited to a certain amount and can play them whenever you want.

Reds fan
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Most definitely, Congrats and good luck in the playoffs!!

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
chalked it up as a win :)

well, as i was updating my sig i wondered about it.

i added it anyway. shedd had 13 ks tonight. darn those 2 late hits anyway! ;)

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Most definitely, Congrats and good luck in the playoffs!! Thank you. Same to you! :)

NastySlot
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
yes it counts...since you were district champs you get the bye and one extra non-district game...but also if you have games left left under the max... you could play more.

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
yes it counts...since you were district champs you get the bye and one extra non-district game...but also if you have games left left under the max... you could play more. in that case, we kicked their butts!! :D :p

We played very well. Worked on a few things, but was very pleased with the defense tonight! :thumbsup:

Bull's-eye
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
If you win.....count it!

If you lose....don't count it. :D

Antec
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
There are usually some rain outs in non-district games and some t eams play only in two tournaments or start season late

So they can get a warm up game in and they do count

piratebg
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
WTG Lady Pirates :clap: :clap: :clap:

3ABirdMan
04-23-2008, 07:44 AM
The UIL has stipulations on how many games a team can play. From memory, (without looking it up on the UIL website in the softball manual) I believe a team is limited to 3 tournaments and 19 games, or 2 tournaments and 21 games, or NO tournaments and 23 games - something like that. And your District games count towards that total number, but your scrimmages do not (but you're limited on the number of scrimmages, as well).

Because you won District, and get a first-round bye (congrats, by the way), you are eligible to play 1 warm-up game this week, as long as it does not put you above your game quota as listed above. (read the definition of a game week, because if you are not at quata, you can get another game in on Friday or Saturday)

However, once you BEGIN playoffs, you are no longer allowed extra games, even IF you have not reached your quota, and the games you DO play in the playoffs DO NOT count against your quota, because once you enter the playoffs, your season is considered as "closed".

In case that confused anyone, go check out the UIL web site (then I'll look like a freakin' genius, 'cause it is SO hard to understand :nerd: ).

Reds fan
04-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Very close 3ABirdman, no team or student can compete in more than 3 tourneys and 17 games or 2 tourneys and 19 games.

If team has not reached max number of games above they may schedule a game before the playoffs even if not a "bye" team, but I believe that game had to be played by district certification deadline.

Reds fan
04-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Warm up games will be becoming fewer as 5A softball has gone to 4 playoff teams in each district eliminating the district champ "Bye". 4A goes to the same format next year.

pirate4state
04-23-2008, 08:55 AM
I knew there was a rule about # of games. Here is another question. Do those dreaded 55 minute pool games in tournaments count against your record? Right now I have them included in our record (see sig), but I think I remember something about them not counting??? :confused:

Thanks for your help guys! :D

Reds fan
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I knew there was a rule about # of games. Here is another question. Do those dreaded 55 minute pool games in tournaments count against your record? Right now I have them included in our record (see sig), but I think I remember something about them not counting??? :confused:

I think they do if the game went at least 4 innings. Regardless, participating in a tournament, even if part was rained out, counts toward the max of 3 tournaments.

pirate4state
04-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
I think they do if the game went at least 4 innings. Regardless, participating in a tournament, even if part was rained out, counts toward the max of 3 tournaments. We played in 2 tournaments, 6 games each, in the 1st tourney 4 games were 4 innings or more and in the 2nd tourney 3 games went 4 innings.

3afan
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
i'm working the Plano West/Rockwalll round 1 series ..... did the Allen/Wylie game for 4th place on Monday, Wylie won 2-1

NastySlot
04-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

you can play 17 games and 3 tourneys or 19 games and 2 tourneys(your district games are included in that count).....you can play almost up to nine regulation games in a tourney....as long as it is no more then three games in a day....pool games depending on time limit usually do not count toward record or stats....a true pool game should be four innings.....more and more tourneys are going away from 55 min pool games...and going to guarantee games....round robins......When I first started coaching I can remember playing five games in one day.