rice beats shsu 3-2.

rice survives a bases loaded scare in the top of the 9th to win :eek:

Bull19
04-22-2008, 09:54 PM
ags win 14-11 over tx state.

texas up 5-2 in bttm of 8th

g$$
04-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Texas beat Baylor 8-2 Tuesday night. Not a Big 12 game as they will play a series later. BTW, A&M & Baylor are doing this next year.

Panther One
04-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas beat Baylor 8-2 Tuesday night. Not a Big 12 game as they will play a series later. BTW, A&M & Baylor are doing this next year.
We're in discussions with Augie to do this with Texas, also. I don't mind it, as long as these matchups take place earlier in the season. I don't like them near the end of conference play just before you play your weekend series against them. Since we play a split series with both each year, whoever hosts the Friday game can host the midweek game, and then each school is getting two at home each year. It would be really nice if they could get with FSN and get these Tuesday matchups on TV. If we schedule them before the MLB season, I think it could easily be done.

g$$
04-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
We're in discussions with Augie to do this with Texas, also. I don't mind it, as long as these matchups take place earlier in the season. I don't like them near the end of conference play just before you play your weekend series against them. Since we play a split series with both each year, whoever hosts the Friday game can host the midweek game, and then each school is getting two at home each year. It would be really nice if they could get with FSN and get these Tuesday matchups on TV. If we schedule them before the MLB season, I think it could easily be done.

Agreed. Good for all involved & maybe TV will take notice. Mizzou/A&M is on tv Sunday (FSN) btw. I don't like them near the end of conference play either. These type games help SOS, RPI, bring in big crowds, tv possibly, etc. Astros cut a deal with my20 network this year to free up Sunday games. I wish more college baseball was on tv, but at least ESPNU, CSTV & FCS (& some FSN) are out there for us during season.

sahen
04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
the Baylor/UT games were home and home...we played a game against UT in austin back in october or november...while this one was in waco against the horns..

g$$
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by sahen
the Baylor/UT games were home and home...we played a game against UT in austin back in october or november...while this one was in waco against the horns..

Correct, & that counts against your final totals in the Spring (56 games still allowed in condensed schedule causing 5-6 games per week sometimes).

A&M & Baylor are doing this next year.