PDA

View Full Version : Rice Altair Consolidated Ready!

bigman33
11-25-2001, 02:19 PM
Rice Ready!
Step # 3
We know where the ship is going!
Giddings vs. Rice Altair
Kyle Field, College Station
Friday 7:30

Specklebelly
11-25-2001, 02:36 PM
Its just Rice Consolidated but if you must include the Altair you put it before Rice, not after. Hopefully we will keep winning and eventually everyone will get our school's name right.

Newton Fan
11-25-2001, 02:43 PM
So where does all that name come from?

Specklebelly
11-25-2001, 03:30 PM
Rice Consolidated is what the school is called. Altair is where the school is actually located. Its geographically in the middle of the consolidated school district that includes Eagle Lake, Garwood, Sheridan, Nada, Matthews, Altair, Vox Populi, and part of Rock Island. Those are all very small towns, Eagle Lake is by far the biggest and it only has 3600 people.

Altair gets included in the name by the UIL because they insist on having the location in the name. So they call us Altair Rice. You see the same thing when the UIL adds Mount Belvieu in front of Barbers Hill, Oakhurst in front of Coldspring and El Maton in front of Tidehaven. The school is called Rice Consolidated, thats it. Altair is nowhere in the name.

slinky006
11-25-2001, 09:52 PM
Whatever your name is, get ready for the Buffaloes. as bigman33 said, we know where the ship is going. from what i hear, Rice is pretty good, and from what i know and have seen, Giddings is good as well. should be a great game. my pick is Giddings by 10. go buffs!!

chappy
11-26-2001, 10:36 AM
whatever your name is, eagle lake, rice cons., or queer, giddings is going to take the win. the buffs have stomped everyone in the last 6 games, and although rice may slow us down, but you won't beat us. so get ready rice, your time has come.

duckbutter
11-26-2001, 12:38 PM
Rice by 28, just hide and watch.

Specklebelly
11-26-2001, 01:10 PM
Whats that queer stuff for man, that isn't necessary. Its true Giddings has been on a roll but its also true that you have not played a team with half as much talent as Rice. Giddings has not "stomped" everyone in their last 6 games either, the Yoe game was only 4 games ago. You barely won that game. Ya'll just keep on thinking you are going to waltz through Rice, that's what Barbers Hill thought too.

slinky006
11-26-2001, 07:53 PM
True, not all of Giddings last six games have been great....but 5 of the 6 have been. They beat Manor 62-7, Caldwell 46-0, Cameron 13-7, Elgin 44-20, Lorena 47-14, and Diboll 69-14. I'd say all of those except the Cameron game were pretty solid games. I'm not saying Giddings will stomp Rice, but when the clock winds down in the Fourth quarter, Giddings will be the victor. This will be a great game. Giddings wins it 17-10...Go Buffs!! As for duckbutter's prediction, Giddings hasn't allowed more than 14 points against them this season, so I don't see a 28 pt. margin of victory...

3Aroy
11-26-2001, 08:02 PM
That last sentence of your post was not true. Before you said they haven't allowed more than 14 points a game you said that ELIGIN scored 20 on you guys. I just thought I would correct you. Rice by 10.

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited November 26, 2001).]

slinky006
11-26-2001, 09:54 PM
yeah, you're right...and after looking at some stats.....i found another error i made. we lost to la grange 17-14, so the former state champs scored 17 on Giddings. The buffaloes have won their games season by an average score of 35-10, meaning Giddings scored an avg. of 35 points a game, and their opponents scored an avg. of 10 points a game. of course, all this doesn't really matter.....no stats matter in the playoffs....can't wait until friday.....go buffs!!

Otto Von Kloppen
11-26-2001, 11:58 PM
Sometime ships get lost in the night. Rice Consolidated by seven in a great football game.

g-town fan
11-27-2001, 08:43 AM
cant wait for the game, it is gonna be an awesome one. but the buffs ship isnt gonna get lost, no matter day or night. both teams are excellent and it is going to be a showdown, no doubt about it. buffs by 7. good luck giddings!!!!

g-town fan
11-27-2001, 10:05 PM
Rice fans, excuse the Giddings fans, especially the one calling you queer. He is probably queer himself and doesn't want to feel alone. You guys have a great team, but Giddings also does. The game on Friday is going to be a classic. It will definitely be a defensive battle, and I think Giddings is barely going to come out on top. I could be wrong but I think I have looked over the teams carefully and chosen the winner. Good luck to both, and whoever the loser is, they have had a great season. And to the winner, Good Luck in the future rounds. Once again, forget the ones who just get on here and act queer themself while trying to call other people queer like "Chappy". He probably has no life and that is why he is trying to put others down. Good Luck to both teams and may the best team win Friday.

Cat
11-27-2001, 10:08 PM
I agree with you g-town fan. That chappy is a real queer. Where is he from?

g-town fan
11-27-2001, 10:10 PM
Derek Kurio(slinky006) is gay!!!

G-TownCheerChiksA&K
11-27-2001, 11:04 PM
This will be a great game. Just a thought about those point spreads though. Not only have the Buffs been running up the scores, they've been able to put their J.V. players in and still keep scoring! Great job guys! And our ship will stay on course even if the sailing gets rough through the night.

Matthew328
11-28-2001, 08:18 AM
All right....let's quit with the name calling....that stuff isn't called for..folks will start getting banned

g-town fan
11-28-2001, 07:09 PM
Sorry Matthew---Administrator. I was just joking around with one of my friends. It was nothing but a joke. He knows it was me and I wasn't "name calling". But if you want to still ban me from this site, I guess I can't stop you, but I just wanted to let you know that it was just a joke with one of my friends.

Matthew328
11-28-2001, 08:48 PM
It's cool...I didn't know that was your boy...just be kinda careful next time..I dunno when peepz are playin or not...and no I ain't bannin ya..LOL

slinky006
11-28-2001, 11:28 PM
back to football....Giddings is aware of where the ship is going, and its making a stop at Kyle Field on Friday night. I'm sure both teams are pumped about the game. Good luck to both Rice and Giddings.

chappy
11-29-2001, 10:08 AM
how's it goin everyone? since my last post wasn't as funny to ya'll as it was to my friends, i apologize. guess that's what you get when you let someone else go in and login with your name. it will never happen again. i apologize. however, i still believe the buffs will win the game friday. buffs 14 rice 13

3Aroy
11-29-2001, 10:58 AM
It should be a good game, and I wish I could go see it. I think Rice will win it, but this deep into the playoffs all games are going to be close.

Husker98
11-29-2001, 11:28 AM
I'll go with Rice on this one. It's gonna be a close one though.

Rice 21-19

[This message has been edited by Husker98 (edited November 29, 2001).]