PDA

View Full Version : With the first pick in the 2008 draft, Miami selects....

Sweetwater Red
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
....Jake Long OT University of Michigan. Who goes second?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3358424

The Miami Dolphins have reached a contract agreement with Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long and will select him with the No. 1 overall pick in Saturday's draft, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The announcement will come at a 1:45 p.m. ET news conference.

Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really had planned to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.

Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.

Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.

Lion_Addict
04-22-2008, 12:34 PM
This guy is a freakin monster! I agree with the pick myself.

kepdawg
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Who will St. Louis take?

STANG RED
04-22-2008, 01:28 PM
If I were a potential NFL draftee, I think I'd rather be a late 1st round pick, and maybe have a shot of getting on decent team. I know it would be less money, but I'd still be making millions, and might even get ring or two.
It's like their being penalized for being one of best in the nation.
Am I the only one that feels this way?:confused:

Phil C
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM
We have to remember that Bill has taken every NFL team he has been a part of to the playoffs.

Sweetwater Red
04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Who will St. Louis take?

2. Rams - Glen Dorsey DT

3. Alanta - Chris long DE

Because ESPN says so.:D

Phil C
04-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Someone is going to get a steal on UT's Jamal Charles and Linas Sweed!

STANG RED
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
We have to remember that Bill has taken every NFL team he has been a part of to the playoffs.

I expected much more of him when he was with the boys. He didnt deliver much. But he did build a pretty decent nucleous to build around I guess.

KATS
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Look for Atlanta to pick QB Ryan.
Chris Long will fall to Oakland and they will not let Howie JR. slip by even though McFadden is still on the Board.

Bull's-eye
04-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If I were a potential NFL draftee, I think I'd rather be a late 1st round pick, and maybe have a shot of getting on decent team. I know it would be less money, but I'd still be making millions, and might even get ring or two.
It's like their being penalized for being one of best in the nation.
Am I the only one that feels this way?:confused:

Probably so, but how about somebody like Troy Aikman who helped build a dynasty and was part of a team that went from the worst to one of the best?