PDA

View Full Version : I ended my high school career tonight

c-town_balla
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Well I ended my high school athletic career tonight. It ended with a loss, that brought and end to a rather disappointing year. We started out 6th in the state and ended 1-7 in district. But, I can look back on my:

6 Varsity Letters
2 Quarterfinal Appearances
Area Finalist
2 Bi-District Finalists
2 (maybe 3) All-District Selections
and years of memories with pride in knowing that I did my best and I left it all out on the field. I know that I played with pride and now I know what YOE pride is all about. I thank god for the last four years where he allowed me to wear Cameron across my chest.

Daddy D 11
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
helluva resume man, ill be following suit here pretty shortly myself. Atleast you can say you gave it everything, some dont have the charecter to leave it all out there.

Ranger Mom
04-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Congrats on all your achievements and sorry the year didn't end better for you!!

Now "real life" can start!!!:D :D

yoemenkracker30
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
congrats buddy....now on to bigger and better things....like summer school at texas and plenty of breezies

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Great accomplishments. Congrats and best wishes for future endeavors.

HippoBaseball05
04-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey Nick, y'all played a great game tonight.

Your first base coach thought it was funny I knew your handle on here......

:D

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2008, 06:16 AM
That's a very nice resume, Nick! And I agree with Daddy D about leaving it out there.

Don't tell D11 I said this, but I actually said "Go Nick" the other night, then I caught myself. ;)

Diocletian
04-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Your going to find that there are many other ways to achieve in life....being as competitive as it appears you are, I'm almost positive you'll have many future victories to look foward to in life

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
^^ what they said :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's a very nice resume, Nick! And I agree with Daddy D about leaving it out there.

Don't tell D11 I said this, but I actually said "Go Nick" the other night, then I caught myself. ;)

I heard you!! :mad: lol but i still love you:kiss:

LH810
04-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Right there with you man, good luck with everything. :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Keep your head up bro. I know how hard it is to walk away, but as long as you can do it confident that you did all you could, then you should do nothing but cherish the memories that were provided to you and never regret anything.

BuffyMars
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
sorry you didn't go out on a high note, but impressive resume, one you should be proud of. congrats! and good luck!

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I heard you!! :mad: lol but i still love you:kiss:
I thought I was quiet! :( I was cheering for you more (and everyone else). :kiss:

c-town_balla
04-22-2008, 11:01 AM
did you say go nick when I hit it off the wall?

CenTexSports
04-22-2008, 11:07 AM
No, they were yelling to check to see if the bat was legal.

BTW: the game on field 3 was much more exciting. The score was 30 to 3 after three innings. There was one girl on my granddaughter's team that killed the ball (These are 5 and 6 year old girls playing tee ball).

There were two runners on and she hit it so hard that all three of them had run the bases and were sitting in the DUGOUT when the ball finally got back to the infield.

DU_stud04
04-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
did you say go nick when I hit it off the wall? i would have said " hit the weight room!!!!" :D

atleast thats what my coach would yelled out when we couldn't clear the fence or popped up to the warning track

Ranger Mom
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
No, they were yelling to check to see if the bat was legal.

BTW: the game on field 3 was much more exciting. The score was 30 to 3 after three innings. There was one girl on my granddaughter's team that killed the ball (These are 5 and 6 year old girls playing tee ball).

There were two runners on and she hit it so hard that all three of them had run the bases and were sitting in the DUGOUT when the ball finally got back to the infield.

Ahhh.....those T-Ball memories!

It was fun to watch when my kids were playing....but as they got older and better it made me a nervous wreck to watch T-Ball again!!!

buff4ever
04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Well I ended my high school athletic career tonight. It ended with a loss, that brought and end to a rather disappointing year. We started out 6th in the state and ended 1-7 in district. But, I can look back on my:

6 Varsity Letters
2 Quarterfinal Appearances
Area Finalist
2 Bi-District Finalists
2 (maybe 3) All-District Selections
and years of memories with pride in knowing that I did my best and I left it all out on the field. I know that I played with pride and now I know what YOE pride is all about. I thank god for the last four years where he allowed me to wear Cameron across my chest.

Congratulations, and with all that you are now a has been with many of the rest of us.:D

HippoBaseball05
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM

No, but I did say "nice stroke!".

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
No, when they called your name for "at bat". When you hit it, I said "GRRRRRR". ;)

KingRob
04-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Some of the best "Married with Children" shows were of Ed Bundy having flash backs of his days playing high school football.

Then again, he went on to sell shoes!

I loved that show.:D

lakers
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Now you can go on to college and play intramurals like me...;)

c-town_balla
04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Im thinking about Club baseball at UT....but all the players are from like elite programs like Houston Bellaire or The Woodlands so idk

PHS Wildcats
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
:clap:

jimmyceatworld
04-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I finished my high school career several weeks ago getting whupped by a foreign exchange student in tennis ... :(

sicem74
04-23-2008, 12:12 AM
dang nick put a tear to my eye man....nice resume

coach
04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I finished my high school career several weeks ago getting whupped by a foreign exchange student in tennis ... :(

its ok jimbo i finished mine to the hutto hippos..losing to a hippo is depressing

State_In_08
04-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Good lookin man. Congrats on that impressive resume. We played you guys earlier this year and I pitched. We lost 6-4, I'll always remember that game because I swear a hurricane blew in during the 5th inning. :D

Anyways, I also ended mine tonight, but did it in style... 4-1 win vs. Bellville, the district champ, and I threw a CG, giving up 2 hits and had 7 K's. Not only that, but the 1 earned run over 7 innings lowered my ERA to juuusssst under 3 at 2.98. ;)

g$$
04-23-2008, 04:53 AM
Im thinking about Club baseball at UT....but all the players are from like elite programs like Houston Bellaire or The Woodlands so idk

If you can play (I assume you can but don't know you), don't let that label of "club ball" fool you. Most of the time it is guys who really can't play & still haven't given it up. They buy their own gear, uniforms, & travel around chasing the dream playing against other club teams. Nothing wrong with that, just saying what it is. There are exceptions, but rarely. Guys who could really play are doing so somewhere (juco, D1, etc.). I've known many friends & others who tell me they are playing club ball & I think, "that guy was awful". Specifically, the team at UTSA comes to mind. Bellaire & The Woodlands are darn good, but there are bad 5A teams too. Heck, I played against Shaq in hs & he played for then 3A SA Cole (now 2A). If you can play, then you can play, regardless of classification. Examples of that are everywhere.

BTW, best of luck to you. Go to some MLB tryouts & try to catch on with a juco team (more than pro scouts attend, lots of coaches). I went that route & signed with Hill JC many years ago. You might catch a coach's eye & get a shot. Sounds like you are headed for UT so probably never mind, just enjoy college. I played a while & ended up at A&M as a student.