PDA

View Full Version : Nixon-Smiley

Highschoolfan78
04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
A portion of the news caught my eye when I heard there was a fight, robbery, and a death in Nixon today. The fight was possibly at the school? Anyone see this on the news? If anyone can find an article on it, please add it.

44INAROW
04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
haven't heard anything but I'll keep my eyes and ears open.......

Highschoolfan78
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Officers investigate Nixon death

William J. Gibbs Jr.
Wilson County News
April 22, 2008

NIXON — Officials from the Gonzales County Sheriff’s Office are investigating the death of a 15-year-old boy April 20.

Because of the circumstances leading up to the death of Nixon resident Jonathan Lara, the investigation is currently being treated as a homicide.

“We don’t want to miss the boat in case something does show up later,” said Gonzales County Sheriff Glen A. Sachtleben.

According to Sachtleben, a medical examiner has not made a ruling as to Lara’s cause of death as of press time Monday.

“They can’t find anything wrong on it, no trauma or anything,” Sachtleben said. “We’re awaiting the results of toxicology tests.”

Lara was visiting some friends at a home in the 200 block of Third Avenue in the early morning hours Sunday, Sachtleben said, when a fight broke out in an alley near a house in the 200 block of Second Avenue. The fight is believed to have started near a vandalized vehicle, on which blood was found.

When a deputy responded to the scene, everyone scattered. Police later found out that at least one person had been injured and driven to a local hospital.

While no witnesses have admitted that Lara was part of the fight that involved up to 20 people, officials believe he was involved. Six additional juveniles are being investigated for their alleged roles in the melee, Sachtleben said.

A witness said prior to Lara’s death, he was inside the home on Third Street when he said he needed a glass of water. Sometime afterward, either en route to or returning from the kitchen, he collapsed in the hallway.

click here for story (http://www.wilsoncountynews.com/article.php?id=18716&n=top-stories-officers-investigate-nixon-death)

44INAROW
04-22-2008, 02:35 PM
hhmmm strange circumstances for sure.