PDA

View Full Version : Rangers morning baseball

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
No score in the fourth. Who the heck starts a game at 11:00 a.m. local time?

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Patriots Day in Boston..Been doing this forever..used to be a day/night DH

Sweetwater Red
04-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
No score in the fourth. Who the heck starts a game at 11:00 a.m. local time?

I saw that. Warmer weather maybe as opposed to an evening
start.:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Patriots Day in Boston..Been doing this forever..used to be a day/night DH

The Patriots didn't even win the Super Bowl this year...why do they get their own celebration day?

:rolleyes: ;)

eagles_victory
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Looks like they are succesfully out of the race in April again this year. At this rate I dont see Ron Washington back next year.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Looks like they are succesfully out of the race in April again this year. At this rate I dont see Ron Washington back next year.

I agree..You cant chalk up thir problems to being young..This team continues to make stupid mistakes,,,RW was supposed to be a defensive coach wizard yet they make error after error

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2008, 12:07 PM

If you are counting them out, then you must also count out the Tigers, Indians, Dodgers and Astros out as well...they're all as far out or farther out than the Rangers.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-21-2008, 12:13 PM
i am home sick, get to see a Rangers game:)

SintonFan_inAustin
04-21-2008, 12:14 PM
:( 8-0 Red Soxs, this is no fun

eagles_victory
04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
If you are counting them out, then you must also count out the Tigers, Indians, Dodgers and Astros out as well...they're all as far out or farther out than the Rangers. Some of those teams actually have a track record of being succesful in the past and making runs and have a whole hell of a lot more talent then the Rangers.

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Some of those teams actually have a track record of being succesful in the past and making runs and have a whole hell of a lot more talent then the Rangers.

So you're basing your assessment on track record and what you think is going to happen?

That's pretty shaky ground. It's foolish to start bashing a team for its April performance. Where's a track record for Detroit? They made the W.S. a few years back, and that gives them a track record? What about the collapse last year? That seemed to carry over more this year than a "track record" from a couple of seasons ago.

Cleveland? They made the playoffs last year after nearly a decade of mediocrity and sitting right in the middle of their division, which for many of those years, was one of the weaker divisions in baseball.

Los Angeles? What have they done lately?

Houston? Maybe they have a bit of a track record, but are you really going to say that because the team rallied around Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite a few years back that they're going to do the same around Wandy Rodriguez and Brandon Backe this year?

I'll give you that a few of those teams have far superior talent than the Rangers do right now, but if talent led to victories, the Yankees would actually have a championship this decade, the White Sox would have won the division again last year, the Mets would have made the playoffs last year, the Rockies wouldn't have, and the Cubs would probably have a ring within the last century.

I really don't expect much out of the Rangers this year, but to count them out in April just because of track record and what the talent pool looks like is foolish. There are 162 games in a season, and on most every night, any team can beat their opponent if a break goes one way or another.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
:) Rangers are on the board its 8-1 now, Rally time.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
8-2 Red Soxs

eagles_victory
04-21-2008, 02:19 PM
So you're basing your assessment on track record and what you think is going to happen?

That's pretty shaky ground. It's foolish to start bashing a team for its April performance. Where's a track record for Detroit? They made the W.S. a few years back, and that gives them a track record? What about the collapse last year? That seemed to carry over more this year than a "track record" from a couple of seasons ago.

Cleveland? They made the playoffs last year after nearly a decade of mediocrity and sitting right in the middle of their division, which for many of those years, was one of the weaker divisions in baseball.

Houston? Maybe they have a bit of a track record, but are you really going to say that because the team rallied around Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite a few years back that they're going to do the same around Wandy Rodriguez and Brandon Backe this year?

I'll give you that a few of those teams have far superior talent than the Rangers do right now, but if talent led to victories, the Yankees would actually have a championship this decade, the White Sox would have won the division again last year, the Mets would have made the playoffs last year, the Rockies wouldn't have, and the Cubs would probably have a ring within the last century.

I really don't expect much out of the Rangers this year, but to count them out in April just because of track record and what the talent pool looks like is foolish. There are 162 games in a season, and on most every night, any team can beat their opponent if a break goes one way or another. im just so sick of the rangers and their fans having this wait until next year attitude we have been waiting until next year for about 10 years now.

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
im just so sick of the rangers and their fans having this wait until next year attitude we have been waiting until next year for about 10 years now.

I understand your frustration, but if Rangers fans are really looking for hope, take a trip to Frisco and watch the RoughRiders. Elvis Andrus is going to be a stud in the majors. He's 18 right now and has a presence that I've never felt at a AA game. When he walks up to the plate, everybody knows it's him, and they sit waiting with anticipation to see what he's going to do.

Chris Davis and Taylor Teagarden look like real deals as well. The Rangers minor league system as a whole looks better right now than it ever has in my opinion, and there are plenty of above-average youngsters on the roster right now including Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, C.J. Wilson, Kason Gabbard, and even German Duran has looked good in his two games played so far (although that's far too small of a sample to have a feeling about one way or another).

jimmyceatworld
04-21-2008, 05:10 PM

I really don't expect much out of the Rangers this year, but to count them out in April just because of track record and what the talent pool looks like is foolish. There are 162 games in a season, and on most every night, any team can beat their opponent if a break goes one way or another.

:iagree:

kepdawg
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
I understand your frustration, but if Rangers fans are really looking for hope, take a trip to Frisco and watch the RoughRiders. Elvis Andrus is going to be a stud in the majors. He's 18 right now and has a presence that I've never felt at a AA game. When he walks up to the plate, everybody knows it's him, and they sit waiting with anticipation to see what he's going to do.

Chris Davis and Taylor Teagarden look like real deals as well. The Rangers minor league system as a whole looks better right now than it ever has in my opinion, and there are plenty of above-average youngsters on the roster right now including Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, C.J. Wilson, Kason Gabbard, and even German Duran has looked good in his two games played so far (although that's far too small of a sample to have a feeling about one way or another).

Tea's average could use a lot of help right now but it's still early!

You admit the small sample for Duran, but I still don't know that he's looked good. I guess with the way a lot of the Rangers have been playing lately he has looked good. The three strikeouts in his MLB debut didn't look good to me. They shouldn't have brought him up, but since they did they might as well let him play second.