PDA

View Full Version : All the arguing posts NOT about Pacman

g$$
04-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Jerry Jones will sell his soul to the devil (again) & trade for him. He'll fit right in there in Dallas...maybe TO, Tank Johnson, & JJ can baby-sit him. Guy can play no doubt, but buyer beware.

lostaussie
04-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Jerry Jones will sell his soul to the devil (again) & trade for him. He'll fit right in there in Dallas...maybe TO, Tank Johnson, & JJ can baby-sit him. Guy can play no doubt, but buyer beware. to compare Pacman to TO and Tank is an insult. TO is very full of himself and Tank seems to like guns...............but he hasn't ever done anything with them. Pacman is a pure criminal.

g$$
04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
to compare Pacman to TO and Tank is an insult. TO is very full of himself and Tank seems to like guns...............but he hasn't ever done anything with them. Pacman is a pure criminal.

I agree that Pacman is a straight thug. The point is Dallas seems to be the place for 2nd & 3rd chances, & JJ will do anything to win including selling his soul to the devil. And Dallas still hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade.

Answer this please: how many other teams would even consider Pacman or the other 2 guys on their team? I say less than 5 teams...

Fotbol
04-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I agree that Pacman is a straight thug. The point is Dallas seems to be the place for 2nd & 3rd chances, & JJ will do anything to win including selling his soul to the devil. And Dallas still hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade.

Answer this please: how many other teams would even consider Pacman or the other 2 guys on their team? I say less than 5 teams...
With this Win now attitude in the NFL, I think the number is greater, more like 25 teams.

g$$
04-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
With this Win now attitude in the NFL, I think the number is greater, more like 25 teams.

Wrong. How many have even inquired about Pacman? You don't think in this day & age we would have heard about it? Some have openly said no thanks. TENN is trying to get rid of him - & he's a Pro Bowl player. Goodell has cracked down on bad behavior. I strongly disagree with your # because it is inaccurate. TO divides teams & costs big $$, Tank J. has had problems in the past. Very few teams would even consider those guys, but Dallas sure will & does often.

"Win Now" is every year, but does that mean morals & ethics don't count for anything?

Fotbol
04-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wrong. How many have even inquired about Pacman? You don't think in this day & age we would have heard about it? Some have openly said no thanks. TENN is trying to get rid of him - & he's a Pro Bowl player. Goodell has cracked down on bad behavior. I strongly disagree with your # because it is inaccurate. TO divides teams & costs big $$, Tank J. has had problems in the past. Very few teams would even consider those guys, but Dallas sure will & does often.

"Win Now" is every year, but does that mean morals & ethics don't count for anything?
Speaking more T. O.

g$$
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Speaking more T. O.

And still disagree, but there would be a few teams fpr TO. Have to be a team with strong leadership, salary cap space, & 1-2 players away from winning it all. You don't take on a 34 year-old WR with baggage & huge contract for nothing. Probably about 5 teams total. Pacman even less than that due to problems & even more baggage.

48minutes
04-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by g$$

How is he wrong? You don't know, its just your opinion against his. I agree more with his number than I do yours, that doesn't make me right or you wrong though.

g$$
04-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
How is he wrong? You don't know, its just your opinion against his. I agree more with his number than I do yours, that doesn't make me right or you wrong though.

In this day & age, we know more than ever. Pacman does not have a long list of suitors for obvious reasons. TO doesn't either becasue of reputation, baggage, age & contract. That does not mean nobody wants them, but it's not a long list. And Pacman's is shorter than TO's.

I stand by my #s.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
It truly is hard to really know how many suitors they would have

As soon as the Pacman rumors got out HE himself was saying he wants to come to Dallas so some suitors would not want to risk trading for someone with the baggage who would not be happy playing for them

and all the talk of TO, simply put he has not been a problem for Dallas and has made them better

g$$
04-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It truly is hard to really know how many suitors they would have

As soon as the Pacman rumors got out HE himself was saying he wants to come to Dallas so some suitors would not want to risk trading for someone with the baggage who would not be happy playing for them

and all the talk of TO, simply put he has not been a problem for Dallas and has made them better

Better? TO leads the NFL in drops the past 2 seasons & ZERO playoff wins. Better in regular season I guess, but who cares? Dallas doesn't play for regular season awards. He has been a distraction at times too, but not to the extent he was other places. You can have him, no thanks.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Better? TO leads the NFL in drops the past 2 seasons & ZERO playoff wins. Better in regular season I guess, but who cares? Dallas doesn't play for regular season awards. He has been a distraction at times too, but not to the extent he was other places. You can have him, no thanks.

Your crazy( not you but in general) If you dont think TO has made Dallas a better team

I guess DeMarcus Ware is not good cause Dallas has not won a play-off game since he got there, better trade him now

g$$
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Your crazy( not you but in general) If you dont think TO has made Dallas a better team

I guess DeMarcus Ware is not good cause Dallas has not won a play-off game since he got there, better trade him now

Define better? I mentioned regular season - but has he helped them take the next step? Playoff wins?

Ware is a very good player who was drafted by Dallas. TO was supposed to be the difference making FA. Has not happened.

And no, I'm not crazy, just stating facts.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Define better? I mentioned regular season - but has he helped them take the next step? Playoff wins?

Ware is a very good player who was drafted by Dallas. TO was supposed to be the difference making FA. Has not happened.

And no, I'm not crazy, just stating facts.

Your stating facts like a politican, your slanting them to your argument and trying to make it look like TO decides if Dallas wins a play-off game

TO had a TD in the Giants game..It was PAtrick Crayton who made the two big mistakes that you can say cost Dallas the game, not TO

And I have NEVER been a fan of so and so could not win a play-off game ESPECIALLY a WR...I dont even like it when that is said about a QB, but I can at least understand it a bit more

Does Dallas go 13-3 without TO this past year? Do they get the first round bye without him?

TO can not help that Dallas beat the Giants up and down the field but their own penalties, The Giant drive at the end of the first half, and the two Crayton mistakes was what beat them

Emerson1
04-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Your stating facts like a politican, your slanting them to your argument and trying to make it look like TO decides if Dallas wins a play-off game

TO had a TD in the Giants game..It was PAtrick Crayton who made the two big mistakes that you can say cost Dallas the game, not TO

And I have NEVER been a fan of so and so could not win a play-off game ESPECIALLY a WR...I dont even like it when that is said about a QB, but I can at least understand it a bit more

Does Dallas go 13-3 without TO this past year? Do they get the first round bye without him?

TO can not help that Dallas beat the Giants up and down the field but their own penalties, The Giant drive at the end of the first half, and the two Crayton mistakes was what beat them
You're stupid, of course a WR can singly handily beat the best team in the NFL.

TO is an idiot for not being able to block the best pass rush in the league.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

48minutes
04-17-2008, 09:34 PM

you read my mind. literally, I could not agree more with this one.

g$$
04-18-2008, 01:01 AM

I agree with all of that, & I prefer team over individuals too. I know what happened in that game & all season. But, the bottom line is lack of success in the playoffs. Teams lose games, not 1-2 guys. TO has done great things but also has had his share of screw-ups too. He has not been that missing ingredient as hoped by some. 13-3, who cares? Get a banner for that? ZERO playoff wins. TO had a big drop where he might have scored in that Giants' game too, right?

I don't like him but what I have stated is fact. You will never win a SB with Terrell Owens. And, to the original point, very few teams would even consider him for their team due to age, contract, baggage, & distractions. Dallas is one of those teams because JJ will take chances on guys with troubled pasts (Pacman??).

g$$
04-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You're stupid, of course a WR can singly handily beat the best team in the NFL.

TO is an idiot for not being able to block the best pass rush in the league.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Never said or implied that. Just stated the truth about TO, whom some of you obviously admire. Wow, what a guy. Please keep him in Dallas! See how that works out for you. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
TO had a big drop where he might have scored in that Giants' game too, right?

Not that I remember

DaHop72
04-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Teams lose games, not 1-2 guys.

So, if that is the case than shouldn't it take a team to win and go to the playoffs not 1 guy. And no I'm not necessarily a TO fan but you are now arguing against yourself.

themsu97
04-18-2008, 08:56 AM
not really... he just stated that TO is overrated because in crunch time he has done nothing... like Moss... and Chad Johnson... all the me guys who have done nothing...
I am not a TO fan and I hope the 'boys do get Pac man so they can sink further down the toilet...

Pacman and Chad Johnson should be traded to teams like the Raiders and Dolphins so theycan help those teams suck even more...

crzyjournalist03
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I agree with all of that, & I prefer team over individuals too. I know what happened in that game & all season. But, the bottom line is lack of success in the playoffs. Teams lose games, not 1-2 guys. TO has done great things but also has had his share of screw-ups too. He has not been that missing ingredient as hoped by some. 13-3, who cares? Get a banner for that? ZERO playoff wins. TO had a big drop where he might have scored in that Giants' game too, right?

I don't like him but what I have stated is fact. You will never win a SB with Terrell Owens. And, to the original point, very few teams would even consider him for their team due to age, contract, baggage, & distractions. Dallas is one of those teams because JJ will take chances on guys with troubled pasts (Pacman??).

I guess that's why it's better to be a Texans fan huh?

At least their players never have the chance to lose playoff games.

DaHop72
04-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
not really... he just stated that TO is overrated because in crunch time he has done nothing... like Moss... and Chad Johnson... all the me guys who have done nothing...
I am not a TO fan and I hope the 'boys do get Pac man so they can sink further down the toilet...

Pacman and Chad Johnson should be traded to teams like the Raiders and Dolphins so theycan help those teams suck even more... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh, you forgot "Go Texans":ack!: :ack!:

48minutes
04-18-2008, 11:11 AM

Pacman and Chad Johnson should be traded to teams like the Raiders and Dolphins so theycan help those teams suck even more...

Moss... do nothing? Your joking right?

All he did was free up Wes Welker in the Superbowl, thats not crunch time?

As stated before, TO is not the reason the cowboys lost. The TEAM is, but if you were to put it on a single player, Crayton perhaps would be a better choice?

themsu97
04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
nope... moss caught all of what, 3-4 passes in the playoffs against a weak secondary... especially the Giants... the Giants have a great pass rush but terrible secondary... same one that TO could not dominate

themsu97
04-18-2008, 12:07 PM
oh yeah, i forgot... Go Texans...

at least I can admit that my team has problems and glad that McNair will not sell his soul to win... the Texans need a corner and Jones is available, but McNair does not want as does most the NFL... most owners do not want the headache that is Pacman Jones...

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 12:11 PM
nope... moss caught all of what, 3-4 passes in the playoffs against a weak secondary... especially the Giants... the Giants have a great pass rush but terrible secondary... same one that TO could not dominate

A. A Great Passrush negates an average secondary..Giants dont have a terrible secondary, just average, but when the pass rush is getting in the face of a QB it makes the secondary look that much better

B. Both TO and Moss had TDs agianst the Giants in the play-offs

DaHop72
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM

at least I can admit that my team has problems and glad that McNair will not sell his soul to win... the Texans need a corner and Jones is available, but McNair does not want as does most the NFL... most owners do not want the headache that is Pacman Jones...

The 6-foot-6, 320-pound Haynesworth stomped on Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode's head Sunday, knocking off his helmet, then kicked and stomped his face. Gurode needed 30 stitches to repair the cuts left by the tackle's cleats, and plans to talk with his family about whether or not to press charges, his agent told Nashville police Monday.........

Haynesworth's previous problems had been hidden from attention because they took place in practice. As a sophomore at Tennessee, he fought with a teammate and left practice, returning with a long pole looking for tackle Will Ofenheusle before coach Phillip Fulmer stopped him. He was suspended for a half of a game.

During 2003 Titans training camp, Haynesworth kicked center
Justin Hartwig, now with Carolina. Charges for a road rage incident earlier this year were dismissed.

;) ;)

themsu97
04-18-2008, 01:07 PM
did the Texans sign Haynesworth?

48minutes
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
A. A Great Passrush negates an average secondary..Giants dont have a terrible secondary, just average, but when the pass rush is getting in the face of a QB it makes the secondary look that much better

B. Both TO and Moss had TDs agianst the Giants in the play-offs

thank you

g$$
04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
So, if that is the case than shouldn't it take a team to win and go to the playoffs not 1 guy. And no I'm not necessarily a TO fan but you are now arguing against yourself.

No, I am not. I am a team guy & that is #1 on my list why I can't stand Terrell Owens. All you Cowboy lovers keep drinking the Kool-aid, ok? See where that gets you.

MSU nailed it. And yes, I am a realistic Texans fan. We are getting better finally & may just make the playoffs this year. And in our history, we are 1-1 in regular season against the Cowboys too, including the very 1st game.

TO is a cancer. You will never win it all with him. Ask his previous employers if you so desire. And, watch that Giants's game again. He had a big drop over the middle (league leader in drops the past 2 years). But hey, sell your soul like JJ if you wish.

g$$
04-18-2008, 02:41 PM
The 6-foot-6, 320-pound Haynesworth stomped on Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode's head Sunday, knocking off his helmet, then kicked and stomped his face. Gurode needed 30 stitches to repair the cuts left by the tackle's cleats, and plans to talk with his family about whether or not to press charges, his agent told Nashville police Monday.........

Haynesworth's previous problems had been hidden from attention because they took place in practice. As a sophomore at Tennessee, he fought with a teammate and left practice, returning with a long pole looking for tackle Will Ofenheusle before coach Phillip Fulmer stopped him. He was suspended for a half of a game.

During 2003 Titans training camp, Haynesworth kicked center
Justin Hartwig, now with Carolina. Charges for a road rage incident earlier this year were dismissed.

;) ;)

And your point about the TENN Titans is what?

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, I am not. I am a team guy & that is #1 on my list why I can't stand Terrell Owens. All you Cowboy lovers keep drinking the Kool-aid, ok? See where that gets you.

MSU nailed it. And yes, I am a realistic Texans fan. We are getting better finally & may just make the playoffs this year. And in our history, we are 1-1 in regular season against the Cowboys too, including the very 1st game.

TO is a cancer. You will never win it all with him. Ask his previous employers if you so desire. And, watch that Giants's game again. He had a big drop over the middle (league leader in drops the past 2 years). But hey, sell your soul like JJ if you wish.

What point in the game was this BIG drop you keep talking about?

g$$
04-18-2008, 02:54 PM
What point in the game was this BIG drop you keep talking about?

Are you implying TO did not have any big drops? Watch the game again. Are you his agent now?

crzyjournalist03
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Are you implying TO did not have any big drops? Watch the game again. Are you his agent now?

dude...do you still have that game on your DVR???

Back it up...tell us what you're talking about instead of telling us to go looking for something to try to prove your point.

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$

wow I ask a simple questiona nd you react like that

I ask again..What point in the GIANTS game are you referring to, it is a simple question because I said earlier in this thread I dont remember the drop.

Now either answer without trying to be sarcastic, or just say your not sure but you remember one, because I simply dont remember a Big game changing drop like Crayton had

g$$
04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
wow I ask a simple questiona nd you react like that

I ask again..What point in the GIANTS game are you referring to, it is a simple question because I said earlier in this thread I dont remember the drop.

Now either answer without trying to be sarcastic, or just say your not sure but you remember one, because I simply dont remember a Big game changing drop like Crayton had

I do not have it on my DVR. I do remember a big drop. Maybe I am confusing another game because he had a bunch of drops, but I do know he disappeared in the 2nd half. That is indisputable.

Why the love for a cancer? Because he plays for Dallas? Can you be objective?

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I do not have it on my DVR. I do remember a big drop. Maybe I am confusing another game because he had a bunch of drops, but I do know he disappeared in the 2nd half. That is indisputable.

Why the love for a cancer? Because he plays for Dallas? Can you be objective?

I have been objective...I said from day one TO is both a great player and a problem, but I will reserve my judgement of him until it is all said and done

So far TO has been the player, but has had very FEW problems off the field while in Dallas

Your right he did dissapear in the second half, a dominate Pass Rush will negate a WR almost every time

g$$
04-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I have been objective...I said from day one TO is both a great player and a problem, but I will reserve my judgement of him until it is all said and done

So far TO has been the player, but has had very FEW problems off the field while in Dallas

Your right he did dissapear in the second half, a dominate Pass Rush will negate a WR almost every time

Pass rush was very good, but that is not all it entirely. Dallas had chances to make plays down the field & missed out. TO disappeared. Crayton had drops. Dallas quit running the ball. Romo played chaotic. It snowballed into a loss. And the Giants did enough to win.

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Pass rush was very good, but that is not all it entirely. Dallas had chances to make plays down the field & missed out. TO disappeared. Crayton had drops. Dallas quit running the ball. Romo played chaotic. It snowballed into a loss. And the Giants did enough to win.

Yep, but IMO it began with two major things

The Dallas Penalties and the NYG Pass Rush...Everything else was a direct factor from those two

g$$
04-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Yep, but IMO it began with two major things

The Dallas Penalties and the NYG Pass Rush...Everything else was a direct factor from those two

Agreed. The pass rush had something to do with those false starts too.

But, TO disappeared in his biggest Cowboys' game to date & was not the difference-maker he is supposed to be. Then he cried like a baby trying to defend his qb & looked like a fool. Passion is one thing, being TO is another. If anyone bought that act, let's talk business please...

DaHop72
04-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And your point about the TENN Titans is what? Since you didn't read what caused this quote, this is it:

at least I can admit that my team has problems and glad that McNair will not sell his soul to win... the Texans need a corner and Jones is available, but McNair does not want as does most the NFL... most owners do not want the headache that is Pacman Jones... All teams sign problem players, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones unless there is difference in signing a problem in the draft and then franchising him vs. signing them as a free agent.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

themsu97
04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
and again... what does Tennessee's haynesworth and jones have to do with teh Texans?

making no sense... not a lot of people lining up to take Pacman... there would be more people for Haynesworth...
Tank was a different story... being a gun lover is not a bad thing

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. The pass rush had something to do with those false starts too.

But, TO disappeared in his biggest Cowboys' game to date & was not the difference-maker he is supposed to be. Then he cried like a baby trying to defend his qb & looked like a fool. Passion is one thing, being TO is another. If anyone bought that act, let's talk business please...

See this is where I have a hard time...If TO does somethng considered wrong, he is trashed by everyone

If he does something like stick up for his QB then he is called out as being a fake...No matter what he does people will trash him

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Since you didn't read what caused this quote, this is it:

All teams sign problem players, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones unless there is difference in signing a problem in the draft and then franchising him vs. signing them as a free agent.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And you are still not making sense & I read the entire thread. The TENN Titans/formerly Houston Oilers & Houston Texans are separate entities. Different owners & way different operating methods.

The Texans got rid of former Pro Bowler Jerome Mathis because of repeated troubles & work ethic. Bob McNair does not tolerate any of that stuff.

Who are you referring to on the Texans? Last time I checked Haynesworth was franchised by TENN, not Houston.

Jerry Jones would sign Bin Laden if he thought he could help him football games (playoff games anyone?). The guy has no morals, scruples, or integrity. Have fun with that long-term.

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
See this is where I have a hard time...If TO does somethng considered wrong, he is trashed by everyone

If he does something like stick up for his QB then he is called out as being a fake...No matter what he does people will trash him

It's called BODY of WORK. TO has no credibility & has brought all that on himself with troubles everywhere he has played & the media circus. When Brett Favre gets emotional it is seen as genuine because he has been that way & his problems (alcohol, pain killers, etc.) were there for all to see. TO is an actor.

May not be fair but it is reality. And Romo made a stupid decision to vacation in Cabo during the bye week of playoffs. He opened himself up to criticism. Not that I blame him with Jessica Simpson, but just not too smart on his part at that point in time.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It's called BODY of WORK. TO has no credibility & has brought all that on himself with troubles everywhere he has played & the media circus. When Brett Favre gets emotional it is seen as genuine because he has been that way & his problems (alcohol, pain killers, etc.) were there for all to see. TO is an actor.

oh so you can be an addict, but as long as your a "good" guy it is ok people will forgive u..But if your considered not a good guy, yet done nothing wrong like break the law or be an addict, then your never allowed to change, it is all just an act..Got it

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:49 PM
oh so you can be an addict, but as long as your a "good" guy it is ok people will forgive u..But if your considered not a good guy, yet done nothing wrong like break the law or be an addict, then your never allowed to change, it is all just an act..Got it

Drew Rosenhaus:

People will forgive a genuinely good person who makes human mistakes & owns up to them. People usually are less forgiving to a guy who craves attention, puts himself in front of team, disparages teammates, fakes suicide, gets kicked off a team, & is regarded as fake.

May not be fair but reality. It's human nature. If there was a poll among all players, who do you think most guys would want as a teammate, Favre or TO? That vote would not even be close. Have you ever heard a former teammate of Favre's talk badly about him? How about TO? You know that answer.

And who says TO will ever change & own up to mistakes?

Is TO paying paying you for the PR work?

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Is TO paying paying you for the PR work?

Why cant you keep this as a non-personal debate? What need is there for your little snide remarks?

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Why cant you keep this as a non-personal debate? What need is there for your little snide remarks?

Take a joke & relax. You sure like to defend the clown, so I asked. Reply to substance of what I posted?

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Take a joke & relax. You sure like to defend the clown, so I asked. Reply to substance of what I posted?

I love how you like to fire a shot with a snide remark, yet when called on it you say oh take a joke and relax

ok

Link me to where Drew said it was a fake suicide

I have never said TO was not a problem in SF and Philly(though it has come out it was more a divided lockeroom because of a lot of things and TO was just the match that lit the fire)

My whole point has always been, you judge his actions as a Cowboy nothing more. If he becomes a problem, then he is a problem. But when people trying to deconstruct anything he does into a negative spin then the truth will not truly come out

When Parcells left everyone clamied it was TO...even though Bill himself said TO was not a problem, yet the media just would not accept that.

When TO got sick...it was PROVEN by the Dallas police that he did not try to kill himself, the rest of the pain pills were found, it was simply a bad reaction to the pain pills and his supplements, yet people still try to say he either faked it for attention or better yet tried to kill himself

I will always believe people can change, for good and bad. If they cant then the word maturity has no real meaning in life

Yu say he is a cancer nNOW..romo said the person keeping him posiive in the famous Buffalo game was TO

Sam Hurd an unknown WR who was a longshot to make the team says TO took him under his wings

g$$
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
I love how you like to fire a shot with a snide remark, yet when called on it you say oh take a joke and relax

ok

Link me to where Drew said it was a fake suicide

I have never said TO was not a problem in SF and Philly(though it has come out it was more a divided lockeroom because of a lot of things and TO was just the match that lit the fire)

My whole point has always been, you judge his actions as a Cowboy nothing more. If he becomes a problem, then he is a problem. But when people trying to deconstruct anything he does into a negative spin then the truth will not truly come out

When Parcells left everyone clamied it was TO...even though Bill himself said TO was not a problem, yet the media just would not accept that.

When TO got sick...it was PROVEN by the Dallas police that he did not try to kill himself, the rest of the pain pills were found, it was simply a bad reaction to the pain pills and his supplements, yet people still try to say he either faked it for attention or better yet tried to kill himself

I will always believe people can change, for good and bad. If they cant then the word maturity has no real meaning in life

How about the whole workout in front of cameras in his driveway? Does he crave attention much? Rosenhaus defended him in that overdose deal, thus my point.

I judge him by his whole career, not just Dallas. He has been & always will be trouble with baggage. Dallas can have him.

And, neither one of us is there for all the truth. But, his former teams & teammates sure don't like him. That to me says a whole lot. Respect from your peers is earned & he is not well-liked because of his me-first attitude. He's a cancer plain & simple.

Emerson1
04-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
But, his former teams & teammates sure don't like him. That to me says a whole lot. Respect from your peers is earned & he is not well-liked because of his me-first attitude. He's a cancer plain & simple.
Actually, they do. There is a reason he and Donovan SPLIT the locker room in Philly. Half of the team agreed with TO and the other half with Donovan.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I judge him by his whole career, not just Dallas. He has been & always will be trouble with baggage. Dallas can have him.

Sorry I meant judge his tenure in Dallas by how he acts in Dallas

and so far he has been a great teamate in Dallas, something you said he would not be

g$$
04-19-2008, 05:15 PM

Yu say he is a cancer nNOW..romo said the person keeping him posiive in the famous Buffalo game was TO

Sam Hurd an unknown WR who was a longshot to make the team says TO took him under his wings

Those are current guys - McNabb took the high road for a while too. Then he spewed like a geyser.

Tired topic. You like him, I don't. Nothing is gonna change that for either of us.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Those are current guys - McNabb took the high road for a while too. Then he spewed like a geyser.

Tired topic. You like him, I don't. Nothing is gonna change that for either of us.

uhhh McNabb was as much a problem

And you say tired subject yet you take any and all chances to trash him

g$$
04-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Actually, they do. There is a reason he and Donovan SPLIT the locker room in Philly. Half of the team agreed with TO and the other half with Donovan.

Might want to check & see what respected guys like Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Jeff Garcia, Hugh Douglas, & others have said about him. Steve Mariucci even tries to be diplomatic about it. They don't care for him.

g$$
04-19-2008, 05:21 PM
uhhh McNabb was as much a problem

And you say tired subject yet you take any and all chances to trash him

Andy Reid kicked TO off team with the blessing of mgmt. who had to pay him. TO sat out & then went to Dallas. McNabb is still in Philly. McNabb may not be an angel but he stayed while TO was sent packing. You do the math.

Great players (like TO) just don't get asked to leave (Philly, SF) unless they are major trouble.

You're right, I don't like him because I don't care for selfish people. He fits the bill.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Might want to check & see what respected guys like Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Jeff Garcia, Hugh Douglas, & others have said about him. Steve Mariucci even tries to be diplomatic about it. They don't care for him.

Oh yea Steve Young who was not a great teamate during the Montana vs Young QB during Joe's last year with 49ers( Young even admits that)

Or Jerry rice who wanted Dieon Sanders gone because Sanders showed him up to much at practice

Yep Douglas and TO got into it..Of course Jermiah Trotter and others on the Eagles were on TO's side

And McNabb said he was offended TO did not stick up for him cause thy are both black...very classy

g$$
04-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh yea Steve Young who was not a great teamate during the Montana vs Young QB during Joe's last year with 49ers( Young even admits that)

Or Jerry rice who wanted Dieon Sanders gone because Sanders showed him up to much at practice

Yep Douglas and TO got into it..Of course Jermiah Trotter and others on the Eagles were on TO's side

And McNabb said he was offended TO did not stick up for him cause thy are both black...very classy

So your argument regarding the players listed is to trash their pasts (true or untrue) instead of the issue of them vs TO? That is legal-eze for "I have run out of defenses for him".

Bottom line is TO is not well-liked among former teammates & coaches. And, TO brought all that on himself & still carries around that baggage today.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So your argument regarding the players listed is to trash their pasts (true or untrue) instead of the issue of them vs TO? That is legal-eze for "I have run out of defenses for him".

Bottom line is TO is not well-liked among former teammates & coaches. And, TO brought all that on himself & still carries around that baggage today.

actually it was to show the people u claim as being well respected had problems to, meaning they all are human and at times act like the worst teammates

My defense is simple...During TO's tenure as a Cowboy he has been a good teammate on and off the field..You in no way can say he has not.

Your defense has been Well at SF and Philly he was a problem...Which I have never disagreed with.

All I have said is his tenure in Dallas should be judged by his actins IN DALLAS...not he his past actions

As far as true or untrue..All those I listed are true, I dont make stuff up for a message board debate

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$

lol, why are we talking about TO's past anyway? what's he done the last two years besides be a good teammate etc...?

this shouldn't be an arguement

g$$
04-19-2008, 05:53 PM
actually it was to show the people u claim as being well respected had problems to, meaning they all are human and at times act like the worst teammates

My defense is simple...During TO's tenure as a Cowboy he has been a good teammate on and off the field..You in no way can say he has not.

Your defense has been Well at SF and Philly he was a problem...Which I have never disagreed with.

All I have said is his tenure in Dallas should be judged by his actins IN DALLAS...not he his past actions

As far as true or untrue..All those I listed are true, I dont make stuff up for a message board debate

He hasn't been an angel in Dallas, but certainly better than previous stops. Young & Montana were fighting for top qb, things happen. Douglas & TO had problems. Deion rubbed Rice wrong but they played thru it & won a SB. I know the facts too, but neither one of us was there either.

None of those guys have had the litany of transgressions TO has. TO is not a thug but he is an egomaniac. None of those guys were kicked off teams. None were put on paid leave. Apples & oranges.

Why do you care to defend him so much? Because you are a Dallas fan? I could care less what team he plays for as I don't like him in any color uniform. He is a cancer who will never be a part of a SB winner.

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He is a cancer

apparently not a very good one

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Why do you care to defend him so much? Because you are a Dallas fan? I could care less what team he plays for as I don't like him in any color uniform. He is a cancer who will never be a part of a SB winner.

It is not defending TO, it is the defending of an idea that people change

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
no one ever changes for the better, don't let 'em fool ya... TO is plotting the distruction of the Cowboys as we speak...

g$$
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
apparently not a very good one

So what happened in SF & Philly was not at all his fault? I would disagree with you on that one. SB rings? Respect from peers & coaches? Baggage? Distractions?

g$$
04-19-2008, 06:02 PM
It is not defending TO, it is the defending of an idea that people change

Please let me know when he admits past mistakes & changes, ok?

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Please let me know when he admits past mistakes & changes, ok?

Please let me know when you admit he has not been a cancer and a problem in Dallas ok

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
:hijacktd: :hijacktd:

http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs188/fa06/projects/pacman/1.3/pacman_multi_agent.png

g$$
04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Please let me know when you admit he has not been a cancer and a problem in Dallas ok

Not gonna happen - I stand by what I said.

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Andy Reid kicked TO off team with the blessing of mgmt. who had to pay him. TO sat out & then went to Dallas. McNabb is still in Philly. McNabb may not be an angel but he stayed while TO was sent packing. You do the math.

Tons of money + Tons of time invested into McNabb + Offense developed around McNabb = Duh, TO was gunna be the one to go

TO is what McNabb needed, somebody to tell him his crap does infact stink and that having people feel sorry for him because of something Rush Limbaugh said wasn't gunna win games... I don't like how it happened, and I didn't like TO for how he acted, but the guy has done a great job of being a good teammate in Dallas right now... I'm not even a Dallas fan, I'm just logical and I guess I grew up hearing about forgiveness all of the time and that people change...

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Not gonna happen - I stand by what I said.

So your saying he has been a problem and a cancer in Dallas

Please list the Truthful problems..Dont add what you THINK was a problem like you think TO tried to kill himself or fake it

I want 100% proof he has been a cancer

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:hijacktd: :hijacktd:

http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs188/fa06/projects/pacman/1.3/pacman_multi_agent.png

g$$
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
So your saying he has been a problem and a cancer in Dallas

Please list the Truthful problems..Dont add what you THINK was a problem like you think TO tried to kill himself or fake it

I want 100% proof he has been a cancer

I have listed ad nauseum what I think about TO. Were you there on the drug overdose? I sure wasn't. Defend him all you want but I sure won't

Tired of topic & tired of TO. Just keep him in Dallas & see how that works out for you.

g$$
04-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Tons of money + Tons of time invested into McNabb + Offense developed around McNabb = Duh, TO was gunna be the one to go

TO is what McNabb needed, somebody to tell him his crap does infact stink and that having people feel sorry for him because of something Rush Limbaugh said wasn't gunna win games... I don't like how it happened, and I didn't like TO for how he acted, but the guy has done a great job of being a good teammate in Dallas right now... I'm not even a Dallas fan, I'm just logical and I guess I grew up hearing about forgiveness all of the time and that people change...

TO was paid to go away.

Forgiveness? Change? Let's hear him admit past mistakes & go from there. I don't believe he can or will do it.

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So what happened in SF & Philly was not at all his fault? I would disagree with you on that one. SB rings? Respect from peers & coaches? Baggage? Distractions?

mostly his fault? yes, all his fault? maybe...

but what you said was he IS a cancer... NO he WAS a cancer...

he has the respect of his peers and coaches now and that's what counts...

With all due respect (Ricky Bobby style), your logic is borderline retarded... no, I take that back, it is retarded (not you, your logic, not name-calling here)... because by believing your logic, you are also saying A&M hasn't beaten Texas the past two years (though they have)... how could that happen when Texas has been winning the previous games?

and spare me the "apples and oranges" arguement you're thinking about making to my comparison up there, your logic fits neither an apple or an orange... but I will take an orange, and you can say "that's crap and oranges"...

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TO was paid to go away.

Forgiveness? Change? Let's hear him admit past mistakes & go from there. I don't believe he can or will do it.

you act like the guy kidnapped a kid or something, HE CAUSED TROUBLE WITH AN OVERPAID TEAMMATE... lock your doors, TO's in Dallas...

g$$
04-19-2008, 07:03 PM
because by believing your logic, you are also saying A&M hasn't beaten Texas the past two years (though they have)... how could that happen when Texas has been winning the previous games?

What crazy logic are you using? Teams winning games is far different than people changing their ways.

When did I say A&M did not beat Texas in football the past 2 years? I certainly know that we have! Loved every minute of it too. Huh?

Done with TO, keep him. That respect of his peers & coaches is inaccurate too around the league. Many have expressed their disdain with him. Some are fine with him. But certainly not a consensus by any means.

Let's make him everyone's role model...pompous, egotistical, selfish, etc. Good stuff.

g$$
04-19-2008, 07:05 PM
you act like the guy kidnapped a kid or something, HE CAUSED TROUBLE WITH AN OVERPAID TEAMMATE... lock your doors, TO's in Dallas...

Since I said TO is not a thug numerous times, your statement makes no sense. He has had numerous problems with now 3 teams, not 1 teammate. Do the research. My problem with him is his selfishness & me-first attitude. Keep him.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I have listed ad nauseum what I think about TO. Were you there on the drug overdose? I sure wasn't. Defend him all you want but I sure won't

Tired of topic & tired of TO. Just keep him in Dallas & see how that works out for you.

Yep you werent there, yet you assume it was a suicide attempt or him faking it..Your basing your assumption on NOTHING from his past, he has never been one to fake injuries, or truly try to kill himself

I simply go by the fact the police found the rest of the pills and it was stated he had an allergic reaction mixing a pain pill and supplements

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Since I said TO is not a thug numerous times, your statement makes no sense. He has had numerous problems with now 3 teams, not 1 teammate. .

Philly, SF and the third team is?

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:41 AM
You sure were NOT there either. His spokesman/PR lady sure spun a different tale originally, as did the Dallas PD. All I know is drama follows him around like the plague. You act like y'all grew up together & go way back. You are a fan & not a friend of TO's. Huge difference. We both just read & observe what is going on & neither one of us is behind the scenes.

Dallas is the 3rd team, but not to same extent as SF & Philly. He has still managed to grab headlines with some of his antics. Remember the blow-up with former offensive coach Haley among other things? Let's don't make him out to be a saint here, ok? And still sitting on ZERO playoff wins in Dallas too since his celebrated arrival.

Keep Team Cancer, please, in Dallas.

nobogey72
04-20-2008, 07:27 AM
I have read this whole thread with lots of mixed feelings. I'm probably older than yaw'll and remember very well the Cowboys during the 60's when they had Don Merideth and could never get past the Cleveland Browns, and later when they couldn't get past the Packers. I lived and breathed with every game they played and Tom Landry was larger than life. When Jerry Jones came along and replaced Landry in the classless way he did it, I was sick at my stomach. I thought I could never be a Cowboy fan again. But there is something about those stars on their helmets that just won't turn loose of you if they were part of your childhood. But with the classy guys that came soon after-Aikman, Emmit, Darryl Johnson, etc. I came back around, but not as much as when Landry was there. Then he hires Switzer and even though they won a Super Bowl, my admiration slipped a little. Something about NFL HC's that carry guns in their luggage that bothers me. I still love the Dallas Cowboys because of my admiration of Landry, Staubach, Lilly, Jordan, Aikman, Emmit, etc., but the main reason is that they were such a fun part of my childhood, and that will never go away. Do I wish they could be successful without having to resort to TO, Tank, and even consider Pacman? Hell yes. Do I still get goosebumps when I seen those helmets? Hell, yes. Will I still pull for them with TO and Pacman? Yes, but with a little devil on my shoulder telling me this ain't right. I'll justify it by thinking that whoever they are playing probably has some thugs on it too. I think the bottom line is, I hate to say this, but, a large portion of the NFL and NBA would be in the pen if they hadn't been given a unbelievable physical talent. :( :(

g$$
04-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I have read this whole thread with lots of mixed feelings. I'm probably older than yaw'll and remember very well the Cowboys during the 60's when they had Don Merideth and could never get past the Cleveland Browns, and later when they couldn't get past the Packers. I lived and breathed with every game they played and Tom Landry was larger than life. When Jerry Jones came along and replaced Landry in the classless way he did it, I was sick at my stomach. I thought I could never be a Cowboy fan again. But there is something about those stars on their helmets that just won't turn loose of you if they were part of your childhood. But with the classy guys that came soon after-Aikman, Emmit, Darryl Johnson, etc. I came back around, but not as much as when Landry was there. Then he hires Switzer and even though they won a Super Bowl, my admiration slipped a little. Something about NFL HC's that carry guns in their luggage that bothers me. I still love the Dallas Cowboys because of my admiration of Landry, Staubach, Lilly, Jordan, Aikman, Emmit, etc., but the main reason is that they were such a fun part of my childhood, and that will never go away. Do I wish they could be successful without having to resort to TO, Tank, and even consider Pacman? Hell yes. Do I still get goosebumps when I seen those helmets? Hell, yes. Will I still pull for them with TO and Pacman? Yes, but with a little devil on my shoulder telling me this ain't right. I'll justify it by thinking that whoever they are playing probably has some thugs on it too. I think the bottom line is, I hate to say this, but, a large portion of the NFL and NBA would be in the pen if they hadn't been given a unbelievable physical talent. :( :(

Well said & agreed on all accounts. Not much more I can add because I feel the same way, esp. about the old-timers who brought the class & integrity to the star. Jerry Jones is a phenomenal businessman, but also one heck of an unscrupulous individual, & that tarnishes things for me. I do like Wade Phillips though because he's Bum's son & a good guy, but it won't be long before Jason Garrett takes over anyway. Just torn all the way around I guess.

And, no matter what TO is a classless egomaniac & I never root for guys like that. Never will either on any team.

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

At least their players never have the chance to lose playoff games. Never fails. Any oppurtunity to bash the Texans for no reason, you guys just jump right o. Cut 'em some slack. They're relatively new and are still making progress. also, look at their division. JAX, Tenn, Indy. Gimme a break. That's 6 tough games.

* I already know that you are going to throw the "We had the Super Bowl Champs in ours" card so let me say this. That's 2 tough games. The Texans had 6 tough divisional games.

You can't find a good excuse to come up with to rival G$$, so, if all else fails, bash the Texans right?:rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Yep you werent there, yet you assume it was a suicide attempt or him faking it..Your basing your assumption on NOTHING from his past, he has never been one to fake injuries, or truly try to kill himself

I simply go by the fact the police found the rest of the pills and it was stated he had an allergic reaction mixing a pain pill and supplements Since when does TO not fake injuries? Wasn't it just 2 years ago that he sat out the whole Pre-season due to "lingering Hamstring" issues, but as soon as the first game came around he was ready?:thinking:

g$$
04-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Since when does TO not fake injuries? Wasn't it just 2 years ago that he sat out the whole Pre-season due to "lingering Hamstring" issues, but as soon as the first game came around he was ready?:thinking:

Hmmm...

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
What crazy logic are you using? Teams winning games is far different than people changing their ways.

When did I say A&M did not beat Texas in football the past 2 years? I certainly know that we have! Loved every minute of it too. Huh?

Dude, what size brain do you use? And how much do you owe Mr. Attention, because you obviously haven't been paying him...

I said your opinion that Terrell Owens IS a cancer is silly, he has not caused trouble in the Dallas locker room since being in Dallas, he has been a great teammate... two years prior? yah, the guy was a cancer... two year prior to this past college football season Texas was beating A&M... But they haven't the past two seasons, but using your logic they actually have because they haven't...

see, even you do not understand the crap that comes out of your mouth...

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Since I said TO is not a thug numerous times, your statement makes no sense. He has had numerous problems with now 3 teams, not 1 teammate. Do the research. My problem with him is his selfishness & me-first attitude. Keep him.

Keep him? he's not even on my team`lol

and I never said you said he was a thug, dear lawd, see MR. Attention at the check-out counter... I only said you're all over the guy's rear like he kidnapped someone...

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 08:47 AM
I really have no reason to join this thread other than to say this. You can bash TO or love him or whatever, makes no difference to me. I do know that TO isn't a great teammate and he is not a good influence. Yea, he does make Dallas better; he doesn't, however, single handidly make them win play-off games. TO is not in the same ballpark as Pacman or Tank because they are criminals. TO is a bad influence because he is all about me, and give me the ball, and he is very egotistical. There's a big difference. G$$ is right on this though. JJ is willing to do ANYTHING to win, even if it means sacrificing his team's integrity. He is willing to do it. Pacman will take their secondary to another level.

Hell, JJ might even go after Vick after he comes out of the pen.:thinking:

g$$
04-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Keep him? he's not even on my team`lol

and I never said you said he was a thug, dear lawd, see MR. Attention at the check-out counter... I only said you're all over the guy's rear like he kidnapped someone...

See Mr. Logic while you're at it too. Still perplexed on how I didn't know A&M has beaten Texas in football the past 2 years?

P.S. ---- I know who won! And that in no way relates to if people can change their ways or not.

TO is not a criminal (Pacman is), but my disdain for him stems from his selfishness & egomaniacal attitude. JJ is his own man though & could care less what any of us think.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by g$$
See Mr. Logic while you're at it too. Still perplexed on how I didn't know A&M has beaten Texas in football the past 2 years?

P.S. ---- I know who won! And that in no way relates to if people can change their ways or not.

TO is not a criminal (Pacman is), but my disdain for him stems from his selfishness & egomaniacal attitude. JJ is his own man though & could care less what any of us think.

WOW... are you serious? you do understand I was making a comparison and in no way believe that you believe UT has beaten A&M the past two years? Do you understand that I DO NOT believe UT has beaten A&M these past two years?

hope so because I will never make a comparison again...

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I do know that TO isn't a great teammate and he is not a good influence.

he hasn't been a good teammate in the past, but you can't tell me that sticking behind your QB after he throws 6 INTS in a game is being a BAD teammate, can you?

When other teammates have scored touchdowns he's been there to celebrate their accomplishment... he's not causing trouble with coaching etc... he's done a pretty good job, it's just hard for some people to see beyond his past...

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 09:04 AM
he hasn't been a good teammate in the past, but you can't tell me that sticking behind your QB after he throws 6 INTS in a game is being a BAD teammate, can you?

When other teammates have scored touchdowns he's been there to celebrate their accomplishment... he's not causing trouble with coaching etc... he's done a pretty good job, it's just hard for some people to see beyond his past... What about when Parcells was there? That didn''t go so hot. All I'm saying is there has been lot's of controversy still. This guy always has to have the limelight on him and that's distracting for a team. It definitely doesn't help anyway. That's the word I'm looking for. Maybe not so much a bad teammate now, but a distraction. There we go. Hit the nail on the head.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
What about when Parcells was there? That didn''t go so hot. All I'm saying is there has been lot's of controversy still. This guy always has to have the limelight on him and that's distracting for a team. It definitely doesn't help anyway. That's the word I'm looking for. Maybe not so much a bad teammate now, but a distraction. There we go. Hit the nail on the head.

Bill Parcells rarely gets along with any of the players he has (on camera anyway)... Parcells wasn't happy about TO coming in the first place... but even with all of that, TO and Parcells were really not a problem...

g$$
04-20-2008, 09:10 AM
WOW... are you serious? you do understand I was making a comparison and in no way believe that you believe UT has beaten A&M the past two years? Do you understand that I DO NOT believe UT has beaten A&M these past two years?

hope so because I will never make a comparison again...

Just try to make sure your comparisons make sense. Your last one failed that litmus test. I know what you were trying to say but it came out wrong on your end. No big deal.

g$$
04-20-2008, 09:15 AM

When other teammates have scored touchdowns he's been there to celebrate their accomplishment... he's not causing trouble with coaching etc... he's done a pretty good job, it's just hard for some people to see beyond his past...

Hard to see beyond his past because he hasn't changed. Remember how he went after former offensive coach Haley? Relationship with Parcells was icy at times too. Jeff Garcia? SF? Philly? McNabb? Publicity stunts?

If he didn't play for Dallas, would you support him? The man has no credibility & will never change. It's all about him & not team.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hard to see beyond his past because he hasn't changed. Remember how he went after former offensive coach Haley? Relationship with Parcells was icy at times too. Jeff Garcia? SF? Philly? McNabb? Publicity stunts?

If he didn't play for Dallas, would you support him? The man has no credibility & will never change. It's all about him & not team.

most relationships bill parcells has with any players are icy... I've seen the guy flip out and wanna beat the crap out of players for mistakes on the field, TO and Parcells having an "icy at times" relationship is good considering what it could have been...

and I've never denied his problems in SF and Philly etc... but we're talking Dallas now, where are all of those problems now? Can he still cause trouble? pretty damn sure he can, but he's not, and A&M is not losing to Texas lately...

And once again, not a Dallas fan, just a fan of the human spirit and it's ability to change for the better... obviously you are not...

g$$
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
just a fan of the human spirit and it's ability to change for the better... obviously you are not...

Gotta see changes made first. I'm a fan of anybody taking positive steps. Haven't seen it with TO, & I don't buy this "new guy" some speak of either. The guy is a time bomb, 1st sign of trouble & he will go off. He's done it before & he will do it again.

His past precedes him, for better or worse. People usually don't change - they may make compromises - but change is hard.

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 09:46 AM
People don't change to be angels all of a sudden. He may have a temporary decent spell of "goodness," be he's still TO.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 09:53 AM
so McNAbb throws 6 INTS in a Monday Night Football game, does TO act the same way he did when Romo threw 6 INTS? No... I'm not saying the guy is perfect, but he is for sure different... I think his experience in Philly may have helped him realize he needed to chill a bit...

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 09:57 AM
so McNAbb throws 6 INTS in a Monday Night Football game, does TO act the same way he did when Romo threw 6 INTS? No... I'm not saying the guy is perfect, but he is for sure different... I think his experience in Philly may have helped him realize he needed to chill a bit... He was only nice because they still won right? If they had lost, Romo would have gotten owned.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 10:02 AM
He was only nice because they still won right? If they had lost, Romo would have gotten owned.

who knows, he might have, he might not have... but why should it matter if they win or not? he only cares about himself, not wins... on about 4 of those INTS TO was open, that's why it's amazing he didn't blow up...

he lit into McNabb's rear during the games, not just after...

I_DONT_CARE
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
SO I GUESS NO ONE HAS A COMMENT ABOUT PACMAN? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
SO I GUESS NO ONE HAS A COMMENT ABOUT PACMAN? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I knew this was coming. We already established that we all think he is a thug and a criminal and it would be a bad decision by JJ to bring him to Dallas. Then we hijacked the thread.

nobogey72
04-20-2008, 10:15 AM
This thread has also reminded me of one of the things I like about baseball at the college and pro level better than football. At those levels, when a player does something great (walk off HR, great defensive play, etc.), the coolest thing he can do is never even crack a smile but basically act like he has been there before. Some people like all the chest beating and personal attention that players do in football and call it excitement of the game, but for my money the lack of that in baseball is cool. Also, I'm not saying that baseball doesn't have just as many thugs as other sports, but it generally doesn't show on the field, and thus you don't see HS kids imitating it. IMO:2thumbsup

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 10:17 AM
This thread has also reminded me of one of the things I like about baseball at the college and pro level better than football. At those levels, when a player does something great (walk off HR, great defensive play, etc.), the coolest thing he can do is never even crack a smile but basically act like he has been there before. Some people like all the chest beating and personal attention that players do in football and call it excitement of the game, but for my money the lack of that in baseball is cool. Also, I'm not saying that baseball doesn't have just as many thugs as other sports, but it generally doesn't show on the field, and thus you don't see HS kids imitating it. IMO:2thumbsup Since when did you go all serious on us Nobogey? Lol. Good point though. Also, you may not have said it, but I think that baseball doesn't have as many thugs and criminals. IMO it's a cleaner sport than the Basketball and Football.

nobogey72
04-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Since when did you go all serious on us Nobogey? Lol. Good point though. Also, you may not have said it, but I think that baseball doesn't have as many thugs and criminals. IMO it's a cleaner sport than the Basketball and Football.

I know! I'll get it all out of my system and then get back to my real passion---being a smartass. :D :D

48minutes
04-20-2008, 11:40 AM
It is pointless to read this thread. G$$ is making no sense in any of his posts. I agree with whoever said your point is retarded, probably the most obvious true statement that had been made throughout this whole thread.

It is clear that you just don't like TO (which is fine) but do not make things up about him being a distraction or a problem in Dallas, cause he hasn't. You are yet to name something he has done in Dallas? You keep talking about the past. Have you never screwed up in your past? I hope so, and I also people dislike you for it and never give you another chance. TO has does a great job at dallas, even with the dropped passes. He has been a good teammate and has made many big plays for the team. I couldn't help but notice his change when he was joking around with Romo after Romo's 5th INT in a game, trying to let him know he is still backin him up. Is that a cancer to you?

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 11:42 AM
It is pointless to read this thread. G$$ is making no sense in any of his posts. I agree with whoever said your point is retarded, probably the most obvious true statement that had been made throughout this whole thread.

It is clear that you just don't like TO (which is fine) but do not make things up about him being a distraction or a problem in Dallas, cause he hasn't. You are yet to name something he has done in Dallas? You keep talking about the past. Have you never screwed up in your past? I hope so, and I also people dislike you for it and never give you another chance. TO has does a great job at dallas, even with the dropped passes. He has been a good teammate and has made many big plays for the team. I couldn't help but notice his change when he was joking around with Romo after Romo's 5th INT in a game, trying to let him know he is still backin him up. Is that a cancer to you? Lets' make a deal. G$$ will quit dogging him if you quit riding his jock. How about that? Sound good to you?

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Lets' make a deal. G$$ will quit dogging him if you quit riding his jock. How about that? Sound good to you?

he hire you as his spokesman or something? ha

pirate4state
04-20-2008, 12:07 PM
G$$ = http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDtFdwtIL3UABB6jzbkF/SIG=129f497t6/EXP=1208797381/**http%3A//static.flickr.com/100/302893798_b5eee1b919.jpg when it comes to TO. :rolleyes:

Don't you ever get TIRED of expending this much energy in just dogging another human being??

:speech: :vrycnfsd: :ack!: :thmbdwn: :blahblah:

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I have that record, one of the best of all time...

k, not really

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
G$$ = http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDtFdwtIL3UABB6jzbkF/SIG=129f497t6/EXP=1208797381/**http%3A//static.flickr.com/100/302893798_b5eee1b919.jpg when it comes to TO. :rolleyes:

Don't you ever get TIRED of expending this much energy in just dogging another human being??

:speech: :vrycnfsd: :ack!: :thmbdwn: :blahblah: Nice use of the new smilies.:clap: :D

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Since when does TO not fake injuries? Wasn't it just 2 years ago that he sat out the whole Pre-season due to "lingering Hamstring" issues, but as soon as the first game came around he was ready?:thinking:

I remember the same year Steve Smith came back to early from same injury and it wrecked his whole season

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I remember the same year Steve Smith came back to early from same injury and it wrecked his whole season Wow. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Great Job!:clap:

I'm saying he faked his injury to skip the pre-season and was magically ready for the first game.

Emerson1
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM

Who made you the player dogging police?

Emerson1
04-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Great Job!:clap:

Yes it does. If TO gets a serious injury then they have no go to receiver.

You young ones are so dumb sometimes.

Emerson1
04-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Also, I'm not saying that baseball doesn't have just as many thugs as other sports, but it generally doesn't show on the field, and thus you don't see HS kids imitating it. IMO:2thumbsup
I wonder why that is?

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 03:33 PM

are you serious? I'm reporting you to the mods for having two usernames, g$$ :p

Emerson1
04-20-2008, 03:41 PM
are you serious? I'm reporting you to the mods for having two usernames, g$$ :p
Until next time brothers

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm saying he faked his injury to skip the pre-season and was magically ready for the first game.

actually it does

They both got the same injury around the same time..TO sat out until healed..Smith cam back to early which is ALWAYS a concern with Hamstring injuries...Smith spent the rest of the year in and out of the line-up because his injury kept flaring up

Again..TO has never had any history of faking injuries, yet as soon as he came to Dallas he was accused of faking an injury

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 04:18 PM
actually it does

They both got the same injury around the same time..TO sat out until healed..Smith cam back to early which is ALWAYS a concern with Hamstring injuries...Smith spent the rest of the year in and out of the line-up because his injury kept flaring up

Again..TO has never had any history of faking injuries, yet as soon as he came to Dallas he was accused of faking an injury

I think it's a lost cause, they obviously hate TO... any information we have that supports him will be dismissed as useless and pointless for this topic because it is actually good and solid and they do not want to have to answer to it...

BUT, I will keep arguing... I have a sickness, and the doctor said reading stupidity would help me get through it, so I'll keep reading what they have to say in regards to this subject, because it's stupid/retarded...

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:07 PM
so McNAbb throws 6 INTS in a Monday Night Football game, does TO act the same way he did when Romo threw 6 INTS? No... I'm not saying the guy is perfect, but he is for sure different... I think his experience in Philly may have helped him realize he needed to chill a bit...

Did TO tell you that in a personal conversation? I'm thinking NO. You are guessing right now to fit your opinion & hopes. I tend to judge BODY of WORK.

IDC: as for Pacman, THUG. Enough said. The guy has been arrested 6 times since being drafted in 2005. Sign him up, Jerry.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Did TO tell you that in a personal conversation?

as a matter of fact he did:mad:

so the past two years of good behavior do not fit into his body of work? because it does not help your arguement?

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:17 PM

It is clear that you just don't like TO (which is fine) but do not make things up about him being a distraction or a problem in Dallas, cause he hasn't. You are yet to name something he has done in Dallas? You keep talking about the past. Have you never screwed up in your past? I hope so, and I also people dislike you for it and never give you another chance. TO has does a great job at dallas, even with the dropped passes. He has been a good teammate and has made many big plays for the team. I couldn't help but notice his change when he was joking around with Romo after Romo's 5th INT in a game, trying to let him know he is still backin him up. Is that a cancer to you?

If you think that, then you obviously have a reading comprehension deficiency. Sorry about that. I have listed a litany of things he has done to cause distractions & turmoil. He has been better than he was in other places, agreed. But that's like saying a promiscuous person only sleeps around 1/2 as much. He's still TO & always will be.

You are blinded by Cowboys' loyalty. That's cool. You be you & I will be me. And have fun getting ousted again early in playoffs. What is it now- 11 or 12 years now with ZERO playoff wins?

Ride his jock much? And I don't need or have a spokesman, thanks. Nor am I perfect & yes I have made & continue to make mistakes. Difference is I know it & try to do better.

Broken record? I guess I will never root for egomaniacal, me-first people. Again, keep him in Dallas & see how that works out for you.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And have fun getting ousted again early in playoffs. What is it now- 11 or 12 years now with ZERO playoff wins?

are you a Texans fan, like me? We've never made the playoffs :(

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
as a matter of fact he did:mad:

so the past two years of good behavior do not fit into his body of work? because it does not help your arguement?

Argument? You're right, he's been a model citizen & teammate the past 2 years. Never a distraction. Get a clue. Let's all act like him. Just win baby right? Except when it counts in the playoffs...

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Argument? You're right, he's been a model citizen & teammate the past 2 years. Never a distraction. Get a clue. Let's all act like him. Just win baby right? Except when it counts in the playoffs...

haha... you crack me up... I'm thinking TO stole g$$'s girlfriend when they were younger or something...

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:24 PM
are you a Texans fan, like me? We've never made the playoffs :(

Yes I am, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my dislike for TO. Hated him in SF & beyond.

Texans have turned the corner. Expansion team, coaching changes, bad drafts, etc. have slowed the curve. Dallas sure struggled their 1st few years right? Yes, expansion rules have changed but they also changed again after Carolina & Jax. Much harder to acquire good players than it was. The rules used to favor helping expansion teams. No longer true. Houston also made colossal mistakes early on too, thus see ya Casserly & Capers.

I think Houston makes the playoffs under Kubiak in his 3rd year. Like GM Smith too. Better days are ahead.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 05:28 PM
yah, I think this may be their first playoff year, hope so anyway... it was a very interesting year with all of the injuries, yet we still remained competitive... would have really enjoyed losing in the first round though...

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I think it's a lost cause, they obviously hate TO... any information we have that supports him will be dismissed as useless and pointless for this topic because it is actually good and solid and they do not want to have to answer to it...

BUT, I will keep arguing... I have a sickness, and the doctor said reading stupidity would help me get through it, so I'll keep reading what they have to say in regards to this subject, because it's stupid/retarded...

You & 48 Minutes need to take reading classes together. You can stop with the "retarded" references anytime now. No place for that.

Believe what you want, & when you get tired of swinging from TO's jock & want to be rational, let me know.

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:32 PM
haha... you crack me up... I'm thinking TO stole g$$'s girlfriend when they were younger or something...

Well, he probably likes good-looking White girls (which is certainly his prerogative), but didn't happen. Tend to have high standards & like people with morals.

:)

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You & 48 Minutes need to take reading classes together. You can stop with the "retarded" references anytime now. No place for that.

Believe what you want, & when you get tired of swinging from TO's jock & want to be rational, let me know.

I tried being rational, it doesn't work...

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:35 PM
actually it does

TXB: do you really believe that TO was hurt that year in training camp? Come on, you're smarter than that. He was on the bike (Tour de Training Camp) to spite Parcells & miraculously got well when game checks started in the regular season.

Let's at least be real here...

Emerson1
04-20-2008, 05:53 PM
g$$s favorite song ever

http://jumbodump.com/2006/09/28/atrocious-music-terrell-owens-im-back-audio/

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
g$$s favorite song ever

http://jumbodump.com/2006/09/28/atrocious-music-terrell-owens-im-back-audio/

"Atrocious Music" is fitting, no thanks!

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TXB: do you really believe that TO was hurt that year in training camp? Come on, you're smarter than that. He was on the bike (Tour de Training Camp) to spite Parcells & miraculously got well when game checks started in the regular season.

Again your making an assumption and trying paint it as proof

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$

did you ask TO personally? did you have a personal conversation with TO regarding this injury? :p

g$$
04-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Again your making an assumption and trying paint it as proof

You are taking everything you read & painting it in Cowboy Blue too. Don't insult my or our intelligence. Anyone with a brain knows that when game checks started, he got well. All players get a stipend/flat rate in training camp, vets & rookies. Not an assumption, but rather common sense.

Guys on IR do get paid. However, you can be suspended without pay which then becomes a union issue. Obviously in Dallas it never went that far. Bottom line is game checks seem to work pretty good as a motivator, huh?

Gobbla: TO & I are not on speaking terms! Not too hard to figure out his MO.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Gobbla: TO & I are not on speaking terms! Not too hard to figure out his MO.

LOL... I can't make assumptions about him because I haven't talked to him personally, but you can because he has been a jackass before?

IC

g$$
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM
LOL... I can't make assumptions about him because I haven't talked to him personally, but you can because he has been a jackass before?

IC

Pattern of behavior over years says so, not me.

Everyone knows about assuming...

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$

:confused:

so the pattern of behavior over years says he should have lit into Romo after the MNF INTs, whether on the sideline or in the lockerroom... but he didn't... why is that? I mean according to his past, we shoulda seen that comin', right?

g$$
04-20-2008, 07:33 PM
:confused:

so the pattern of behavior over years says he should have lit into Romo after the MNF INTs, whether on the sideline or in the lockerroom... but he didn't... why is that? I mean according to his past, we shoulda seen that comin', right?

Changed man, you bet. Time bomb...tick...tick...tick

Tired topic, let's move on Gobbla.

48minutes
04-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Changed man, you bet. Time bomb...tick...tick...tick

Tired topic, let's move on Gobbla.

I would want to move on also if I kept getting punk'd :)

bottom line, YES TO used to be a bigtime problem. He NOW is trying his best to make a chang, and so far has done a hell of a job.

pirate4state
04-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Man, g$$ reminds me of someone who just loves attention - good or bad - :thinking: hmmmmmm, I wonder who that is??? Anyone? :thinking:

Oh & Emerson, I MADE MYSELF THAT POLICE, duh... :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Everyone knows about assuming...

And once again his pattern of behaivor has NEVER said he would fake an injury..even his biggest enemies say he is one of the hardest working players when it comes to working out and training camp

STANG RED
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
I used to be a big time TO hater, but I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt now. Still dont have much respect for him as a person for his past transgresions, but he seems to have a lot of that under control now, and seems to be trying to do better. I'm still always leary that there will be another blow up some day, but I hope it doesnt happen.
Now this Pacman punk is another matter entirely. I think they need to keep the ban on him for at least another year before even considering lifting it. He has made it very obvious that he still dosent "get it", so why let him back in now? Wait till he shows by his actions and words that he has finally changed his ways. Till then, let him rot! Sticking a few more millions in his pocket certainly wont teach him anything.

g$$
04-21-2008, 01:33 AM
I would want to move on also if I kept getting punk'd :)

bottom line, YES TO used to be a bigtime problem. He NOW is trying his best to make a chang, and so far has done a hell of a job.

Yeah, you bet...

See, I tried to move on & take the high road & you start that garbage. Nobody, repeat NOBODY, punked me on anything. Wrong guy to go there with anytime. I deal in facts. You can believe whatever you want about Team Cancer & you will inevitably be wrong. Watch & see. Why? The man will never change. BODY of WORK & PATTERN of BEHAVIOR over years say so. He has gullible neophytes like you fooled. Consider yourself sucked...as Parcells once said.

But hey, we all have a right to an opinion. And I have the right to tell you again when you are wrong once he goes off again & causes distractions. Mark that down, hoss.

P4S: has nothing to do with attention, just setting the record straight to naive & blindly loyal Cowboys' fans, or TO fans for that matter. My self-esteem is just fine & I certainly don't seek attention. I've never liked Halloween because I hate dressing up & all that stuff (the parties & beverages & women were/are nice). Would rather blend in & be me amongst friends! But sometimes you have to take a stand when misinformation is prevalent. Let's see what happens come football season.

g$$
04-21-2008, 01:37 AM
And once again his pattern of behaivor has NEVER said he would fake an injury..even his biggest enemies say he is one of the hardest working players when it comes to working out and training camp

You are smarter than that, or at least I thought you were. Take the blinders off & be realistic. I guess that hamstring injury/Tour de Training Camp on the exercise bike a couple of years back was legit too, right? Comparing that to Steve Smith's legit injury is an insult to Smith. Consider yourself sucked too...as Parcells once said.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You are smarter than that, or at least I thought you were. Take the blinders off & be realistic. I guess that hamstring injury/Tour de Training Camp on the exercise bike a couple of years back was legit too, right? Comparing that to Steve Smith's legit injury is an insult to Smith. Consider yourself sucked too...as Parcells once said.

You always revert to the your smarter than that ploy when you have no answer

Your ASSUMING he was faking, you keep saying look at his body of work, yet his body of work has NOT shown that he fakes injuries at any point

How about you admit that to this point of his Cowboy career TO has not been the problem YOU said he would be. Because like it or not he has not been the problem child so many said he would be.

You can ASSUME things like the hamstring injury or the getting sick were ploys or whatever, but the problem is you can keep saying his body of work says those two things were his doing, but his body of work dont

He is known as being a cancer in the lockerrom and having clashes with his coaches..NOT faking an injury and not "faking: a suicide

You keep saying I am sucked, or I need to take the blinders off and so on..YOU need to take off the TO is the devil glasses( Not saying your actually claiming that) and see what is happening NOW and not what he has done in the past

SintonFan_inAustin
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Hear Pacman could be a Texan soon:eek:

:D G$$ and Neckfan you can get off the ground now was just kidding.

48minutes
04-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah, you bet...

See, I tried to move on & take the high road & you start that garbage. Nobody, repeat NOBODY, punked me on anything. Wrong guy to go there with anytime. I deal in facts. You can believe whatever you want about Team Cancer & you will inevitably be wrong. Watch & see. Why? The man will never change. BODY of WORK & PATTERN of BEHAVIOR over years say so. He has gullible neophytes like you fooled. Consider yourself sucked...as Parcells once said.

But hey, we all have a right to an opinion. And I have the right to tell you again when you are wrong once he goes off again & causes distractions. Mark that down, hoss.

P4S: has nothing to do with attention, just setting the record straight to naive & blindly loyal Cowboys' fans, or TO fans for that matter. My self-esteem is just fine & I certainly don't seek attention. I've never liked Halloween because I hate dressing up & all that stuff (the parties & beverages & women were/are nice). Would rather blend in & be me amongst friends! But sometimes you have to take a stand when misinformation is prevalent. Let's see what happens come football season.

You are intelligient enough to notice that even people who are not cowboys are telling you are wrong right? Probably not, cause your oblivous to everything except TO's wrong doing. Im through with this, cause your points and posts are retarded.(not implying that you are) :)

pirate4state
04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Then why respond? In great detail, I might add. LOL. Who you trying to convince? I've already made up my mind! :D

g$$ = the self-appointed "set the naive & blindly loyal Cowboy fans/TO fans straight! guy"

:thumbsup:

Fotbol
04-21-2008, 10:41 AM

At least their players never have the chance to lose playoff games.
Hey! Watch yo mouf...Buster!

Ranger Mom
04-21-2008, 10:52 AM
This entire thread made me laugh!!!

For some reason....and I HATED literature in school, the phrase "methinks he doth protest too much" (or however it goes) comes to mind when reading G$$ posts.

It's not natural to hate someone you have never met as much as he does.....it's kinda scary actually!!!:eek: :eek:

STANG RED
04-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This entire thread made me laugh!!!

For some reason....and I HATED literature in school, the phrase "methinks he doth protest too much" (or however it goes) comes to mind when reading G$$ posts.

It's not natural to hate someone you have never met as much as he does.....it's kinda scary actually!!!:eek: :eek:

From GoEnglish.com

Protest Too Much ( you tend not to believe a person because they insist too strongly that something is not true ... )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"protest too much"
To "protest too much" is to insist so strongly about something not being true that people begin to suspect maybe it is true. Example: "You do like that girl, don't you?" Answer: "No! I don't! Not at all! Why do you think so?" Reply: "You protest too much." "Protest too much" comes from Hamlet by William Shakespeare; the Queen speaking: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." (Note: people do not usually use the word "methinks" when they are speaking English today.) To "protest too much" is to insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what you are saying. Example: "Do you think he is telling the truth?" Answer: "I think he protests too much."

:iagree:

75009Football
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Cant believe I skipped all the way to the last page for this.

TO's a cancer that can play. If his contract ended today and he said he would play for the league minimum, how many teams would contact his agent?

All from the NFL, CFL, and the Arena League, that day.

The only difference is TO's out of most teams payroll range making what he is making. If he were cheap, they would all be jumping on the bandwagon.

g$$
04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Cant believe I skipped all the way to the last page for this.

TO's a cancer that can play. If his contract ended today and he said he would play for the league minimum, how many teams would contact his agent?

All from the NFL, CFL, and the Arena League, that day.

The only difference is TO's out of most teams payroll range making what he is making. If he were cheap, they would all be jumping on the bandwagon.

He could not nor would not do that. He's in a different bracket $$ wise now as a veteran. And not all would take him anyway. Some have openly said they would not want him.

Ranger Mom & P4S: call me stubborn, but I stick to my guns. Wishy-washy will never apply to me. And I don't care to ever meet TO even if was standing right next to me. Not a Cowboys issue, but just don't respect the guy.

TXB & 48: I'm not out of things to say, but let's move on. You can believe whatever you so desire, & so will I. Difference is my beliefs are based in fact & yours are based in optimism. And yes, he did fake an injury in Traning Camp to spite Parcells. He had JJ in his corner the whole time & used it.

BTW: your = possession & you're = you are

Let's see how the "role model & great teammate" TO is proclaimed to be by some on here does this season. Personally, I can't wait. I reserve the right to broach this topic again when the time bomb goes off. When things go sour, let's see who he blames this time. Let's watch the distractions he causes. It's inevitable like death & taxes. The guy I feel sorry for: Wade Phillips. He has to deal with Jerry Jones & TO daily, with Jason Garrett waiting in the wings. Wade will be the fall guy at some point in the not-so-distant future.

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
LOL

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I. Difference is my beliefs are based in fact & yours are based in optimism. And yes, he did fake an injury in Traning Camp to spite Parcells. He had JJ in his corner the whole time & used it.

BTW: your = possession & you're = you are

You deal in facts..then prove he faked his injury...prove he has been so troublesome since coming to Dallas

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$

. Personally, I can't wait. I reserve the right to broach this topic again when the time bomb goes off. When things go sour, let's see who he blames this time. Let's watch the distractions he causes. It's inevitable like death & taxes. .

Hold on now...I have NEVER said he would not be a problem or ever said TO is now perfect and will never gripe/complain or whatever

My whole stance from the moment he became a Cowboy was judge his tenure as a Cowboy by what he does as a cowboy..not him as a human or his whole career but simply his tenure as a Cowboy

You and I have argued/debated if he has been a problem as a Cowboy...THE FACTS say he has not..your conjecture says he has

If he becomes the cancer then Cowboys need to get rid of him asap..but until then his tenure as a Cowboy should be judged solely as a Cowboy

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Sorry, but I can't stop laughing.....

"I deal in facts" == "I drive a Dodge Stratus!"

to ME.....it's just a little bad humor on my part g$$ no need to fly off the handle :)

g$$
04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Hold on now...I have NEVER said he would not be a problem or ever said TO is now perfect and will never gripe/complain or whatever

My whole stance from the moment he became a Cowboy was judge his tenure as a Cowboy by what he does as a cowboy..not him as a human or his whole career but simply his tenure as a Cowboy

You and I have argued/debated if he has been a problem as a Cowboy...THE FACTS say he has not..your conjecture says he has

If he becomes the cancer then Cowboys need to get rid of him asap..but until then his tenure as a Cowboy should be judged solely as a Cowboy

You are playing both sides & riding the fence now. You can't have it both ways. Are you seriously trying to say he has been a great teammate, caused no distractions, hasn't clashed with asst. coaches, hasn't milked an "injury" to spite Parcells, hasn't craved attention, etc.? You sound like you are expecting bad things to happen to cover your bet.

As for the injury, the guys who cover the Cowboys (Spagnola & others) sure thought it was a joke. He got well in a hurry once game checks started. Anybody surprised?

Come better than that...he has been better as a Cowboy but that is not to say he has been an angel either. And still a time bomb & team cancer & ALWAYS will be. Those stripes aren't changing at age 34.

g$$
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM

to ME.....it's just a little bad humor on my part g$$ no need to fly off the handle :)

I do like Dodge trucks! No Stratus here...& still deal in facts.

g$$
04-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Hear Pacman could be a Texan soon:eek:

:D G$$ and Neckfan you can get off the ground now was just kidding.

NEVER gonna happen. Bob McNair won't go that route. I remained upright the whole time!

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I do like Dodge trucks! No Stratus here...& still deal in facts. It's from a SNL skit. LOL

I think if you have 1500+ posts (and you probably do with all this TO nonsense) you should put up a picture of Bruce Willis from Die Hard 2 as your avatar. You know the scene where he tells the information clerk "Just the fax"??? Get it!???!?!?! :D

crzyjournalist03
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And I don't care to ever meet TO even if was standing right next to me. Not a Cowboys issue, but just don't respect the guy.

Judging your perception by what others have said and written while admitting that you wouldn't even take the time to meet him or give him a chance if given the opportunity speaks a lot about you IMO.

There are plenty of people in this world that I don't necessarily like, but that doesn't mean I'd throw them the cold shoulder, especially to someone I've never even met. And don't go giving me the "I know enough because of what I've read and seen." Because if you leave your opinions based on what's out there in the media, then you're subjecting yourself to only receiving the information that the media chooses to report, and we both know that that's never the whole story in ANY situation, positive or negative.

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are playing both sides & riding the fence now. You can't have it both ways. Are you seriously trying to say he has been a great teammate, caused no distractions, hasn't clashed with asst. coaches, hasn't milked an "injury" to spite Parcells, hasn't craved attention, etc.? You sound like you are expecting bad things to happen to cover your bet.

As for the injury, the guys who cover the Cowboys (Spagnola & others) sure thought it was a joke. He got well in a hurry once game checks started. Anybody surprised?

Come better than that...he has been better as a Cowboy but that is not to say he has been an angel either. And still a time bomb & team cancer & ALWAYS will be. Those stripes aren't changing at age 34.

No actually YOU are the one who has always tried to paint as a TO fan his agent or whatever..All I ever said was he gets a fresh start from me in Dallas and lets see what he does

And here is what many consider one of the best NFL reporters..who btw has trashed TO many times

This is from Peter King http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../20/mmqb/1.html

When I saw Owens practice in Oxnard, Calif., at Cowboys camp last Wednesday (his first practice after missing 14 in a row because of a strained hammy), the first thing I noticed was that he couldn't get separation from any corner. Not the starters. Not the guys sure to be waived later this month. It was painfully obvious that Owens had a painful hamstring.

I do not buy that he's loafing or jaking it. The guy is legitimately hurt, in my opinion. Why, when a guy is trying to get back to the top of the football world, would he lie down for one of the most demanding coaches ever to pace a sideline? Even to Owens' demented way of thinking, that makes no sense.

g$$
04-22-2008, 04:27 PM
It's from a SNL skit. LOL

I think if you have 1500+ posts (and you probably do with all this TO nonsense) you should put up a picture of Bruce Willis from Die Hard 2 as your avatar. You know the scene where he tells the information clerk "Just the fax"??? Get it!???!?!?! :D

LOL

Don't have a clue or really care how to do avatars! But not bad, thanks.

g$$
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Judging your perception by what others have said and written while admitting that you wouldn't even take the time to meet him or give him a chance if given the opportunity speaks a lot about you IMO.

There are plenty of people in this world that I don't necessarily like, but that doesn't mean I'd throw them the cold shoulder, especially to someone I've never even met. And don't go giving me the "I know enough because of what I've read and seen." Because if you leave your opinions based on what's out there in the media, then you're subjecting yourself to only receiving the information that the media chooses to report, and we both know that that's never the whole story in ANY situation, positive or negative.

I'm a forgiving person to a fault. TO is not my kind of person (morals, integrity, etc.). I know ENOUGH to believe what I want. And, I take all media with a grain of salt. His track record at multiple places says it all to me. Would you feel differently if he wasn't a Cowboy?

g$$
04-22-2008, 04:37 PM
No actually YOU are the one who has always tried to paint as a TO fan his agent or whatever..All I ever said was he gets a fresh start from me in Dallas and lets see what he does

And here is what many consider one of the best NFL reporters..who btw has trashed TO many times

This is from Peter King http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../20/mmqb/1.html

When I saw Owens practice in Oxnard, Calif., at Cowboys camp last Wednesday (his first practice after missing 14 in a row because of a strained hammy), the first thing I noticed was that he couldn't get separation from any corner. Not the starters. Not the guys sure to be waived later this month. It was painfully obvious that Owens had a painful hamstring.

I do not buy that he's loafing or jaking it. The guy is legitimately hurt, in my opinion. Why, when a guy is trying to get back to the top of the football world, would he lie down for one of the most demanding coaches ever to pace a sideline? Even to Owens' demented way of thinking, that makes no sense.

Because he & Parcells were at odds (I know what Bill said later too), & he had JJ in his corner. He knew he wasn't going to be suspended or anything else.

BTW, I like Peter King most of the time. Calling him the best is very subjective. He tends to play favorites (not referring to TO). Rich Gosselin is better to me.

crzyjournalist03
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm a forgiving person to a fault. TO is not my kind of person (morals, integrity, etc.). I know ENOUGH to believe what I want. And, I take all media with a grain of salt. His track record at multiple places says it all to me. Would you feel differently if he wasn't a Cowboy?

I honestly don't believe I would, but obviously that's something that I can't prove.

There have been many athletes over the years that I was completely down on, and saw them resurrect their careers and life paths. Heck, Michael Irvin falls into that category for me, and he WAS a Cowboy.

Some others off the top of my head that I've forgiven over the years:

Fransisco Cordero--I thought he was a total jerk while he was pitching for the Rangers and couldn't stand the guy. I had the privilege of meeting him a couple of months before he got traded to Milwaukee though, and from my discussions with him, I came away honestly believing that he was misunderstood here in Dallas.

Danny Heatley--I basically wrote the guy off after he got one of his teammates killed thanks to drunk driving, but he apologized, sobered up, and has been a great teammate in Ottawa.

Ray and Jamal Lewis--I called both of them thugs while they were with the Ravens together, and hated the team because of them. They both made their mistakes, but they really have seemed to turn a corner since then.

DDBooger
04-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm a forgiving person to a fault. TO is not my kind of person (morals, integrity, etc.). I know ENOUGH to believe what I want. And, I take all media with a grain of salt. His track record at multiple places says it all to me. Would you feel differently if he wasn't a Cowboy? do you mean morals and integrity in relation to football? what has he done off the field to suggest he's a bad person, morally or for that matter challenging his integrity?

I felt the same way when Mayweather fought DeLaHoya, then I looked at their background and out the ring antics, Mayweather was much more squeeky clean and had NO outside children to my recollection(conceived while married). Is it that Owens isn't the
1. Team
2. Me
type of athlete?
just being inquisitive, don't know much about T.O.'s stature off the field, seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Because he & Parcells were at odds (I know what Bill said later too), & he had JJ in his corner. He knew he wasn't going to be suspended or anything else.

BTW, I like Peter King most of the time. Calling him the best is very subjective. He tends to play favorites (not referring to TO). Rich Gosselin is better to me.

honestly I dont consider him one of the best..I was referring to alot of others consider him one of the best

So even though Big Bill...who has NEVER minced words about players yet he says he was not the problem some made him out to be..you have decided there was a power play between the two?

I mean think about it..TO is loud and brash..if he truly clashed and won agianst who many consider the toughest sob coach of this generation, would he not been spouting off about it after Parcells left?

DDBooger
04-22-2008, 04:43 PM
honestly I dont consider him one of the best..I was referring to alot of others consider him one of the best

So even though Big Bill...who has NEVER minced words about players yet he says he was not the problem some made him out to be..you have decided there was a power play between the two?

I mean think about it..TO is loud and brash..if he truly clashed and won agianst who many consider the toughest sob coach of this generation, would he not been spouting off about it after Parcells left? even after, never heard Parcell bash the guy, perhaps is not in his character(ex. Shockey comment) but you'd figure Parcells would defend his tenure and outline the failures...never really hear much about T.O.

Sweetwater Red
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
even after, never heard Parcell bash the guy, perhaps is not in his character(ex. Shockey comment) but you'd figure Parcells would defend his tenure and outline the failures...never really hear much about T.O.

Except for the fact that when he was talking about him, he
wouldn't even call him by his name.:thinking:

DDBooger
04-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Except for the fact that when he was talking about him, he
wouldn't even call him by his name.:thinking: you know, i thought his doing that was cryptic in his intentions. The way he referred to Terry Glenn as "she". But none of us, including G$$ is tight with Bill like that...All we are doing is ASSuming. I presume Bill didn't like him because of the attention he brought, otherwise, the guy produced. yeah he dropped alot of passes, but he had a good year. As he matures and gets older, I think we'll see less antics. Besides he has a qb that gets rid of the ball and goes down field.

g$$
04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
do you mean morals and integrity in relation to football? what has he done off the field to suggest he's a bad person, morally or for that matter challenging his integrity?

I felt the same way when Mayweather fought DeLaHoya, then I looked at their background and out the ring antics, Mayweather was much more squeeky clean and had NO outside children to my recollection(conceived while married). Is it that Owens isn't the
1. Team
2. Me
type of athlete?
just being inquisitive, don't know much about T.O.'s stature off the field, seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Never said TO was a criminal.

My problems with him relate to distractions, me-first attitude, calling out qbs & coaches at every stop (now 3 teams), craving attention, media stunts, blaming others, etc. Problems follow him around like the plague. Coincidence? He implied Jeff Garcia was gay for goodness sakes, does that build team unity? He dogged HOF Steve Young too. I love competitors with passion, but he is something else.

The article on ESPN's site the other day was very inclusive. It's on here somewhere. Writer blasted TO & detailed a litany of transgressions.

I'm a TEAM guy. TO is a ME guy. That's the root of it.

kepdawg
04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Let's kick all the ME guys out of the league!

DDBooger
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Never said TO was a criminal.

My problems with him relate to distractions, me-first attitude, calling out qbs & coaches at every stop (now 3 teams), craving attention, media stunts, blaming others, etc. Problems follow him around like the plague. Coincidence? He implied Jeff Garcia was gay for goodness sakes, does that build team unity? He dogged HOF Steve Young too. I love competitors with passion, but he is something else.

The article on ESPN's site the other day was very inclusive. It's on here somewhere. Writer blasted TO & detailed a litany of transgressions.

I'm a TEAM guy. TO is a ME guy. That's the root of it. fair enough.

DDBooger
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Let's kick all the ME guys out of the league! in PROfessional sports, how many do you think you are kicking out?

g$$
04-22-2008, 06:08 PM

I mean think about it..TO is loud and brash..if he truly clashed and won agianst who many consider the toughest sob coach of this generation, would he not been spouting off about it after Parcells left?

Truce was reached. Bill left for a year & tired of JJ & the drama. Now he's back running the Dolphins. Parcells wanted out. You are nothing as a HC if the owner makes every decision. And we all know JJ is known to meddle. Their public personas/statements took the high road.

kepdawg
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
in PROfessional sports, how many do you think you are kicking out?

Most of them!

g$$
04-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Let's kick all the ME guys out of the league!

Never said or implied that. But ME guys can be tamed too most of the time. Bengals are dealing with one right now.

g$$
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
you know, i thought his doing that was cryptic in his intentions. The way he referred to Terry Glenn as "she". But none of us, including G$$ is tight with Bill like that...All we are doing is ASSuming. I presume Bill didn't like him because of the attention he brought...

Never said that I am either. But, logical people can draw logical conclusions too. Parcells loves to tell his qbs "don't become a media star" or something to that effect. Think he likes WRs who do the same?

Gobbla2001
04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I was like "damn, another thread, just as long", but the title had just changed... that is just freaking hilarious whichever mod did it... good job :clap:

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I was like "damn, another thread, just as long", but the title had just changed... that is just freaking hilarious whichever mod did it... good job :clap:
:devil: Sure thing! The "original" post is on a thread all by its' lonesome, since nobody actually wanted to talk about Pacman.

Gobbla2001
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM

OMG I so forgot about that one... that is THE BEST... when I first saw it, I actually was driving a DODGE STRATUS... me and my ex gf loved that one... we got into a small, harmless arguement one night and she proved me wrong, I stopped, looked down and then looked back up and yelled "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS"... hilariousnessism... good tension breaker, that "Stratus" business...

Will Ferrell is awesome...

g$$
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
[B

Will Ferrell is awesome... [/B]

We agree!

pirate4state
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
OMG I so forgot about that one... that is THE BEST... when I first saw it, I actually was driving a DODGE STRATUS... me and my ex gf loved that one... we got into a small, harmless arguement one night and she proved me wrong, I stopped, looked down and then looked back up and yelled "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS"... hilariousnessism... good tension breaker, that "Stratus" business...

Will Ferrell is awesome...

well, i'm glad someone caught it ;)