PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs A&M in Men's Tennis today!

Phil C
04-19-2008, 06:55 PM
This is going becoming a great match. The Aggies won the doubles but UT leads 3 - 1 right now. The last three contests are very competitive and I give the 23rd ranked Aggies a chance to sweep it and take the match over the 7th ranked Longhorns but they are close and A&M must win the last three to get it. One has to give the Aggies credit for fighting this out especially when the match is in Austin. Hang on to your hats and we will see what happens.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Right now in the Singles Match No. 1 UT's Dimitar Kutrovsky is ahead of A&M's Conor Pollock by a 3 - 2 score in the final match. This has been a close one. I expect this one to decide the winner because I think the other two left (No. 3 and 4) are going to be won by the Aggies even though they are close matches but the Aggies seem to have the slight edge in those two. Excitement indeed.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:03 PM
UT is ahead in the Match Score now 3 - 2 as the Aggies won another single as I thought even though I am not sure which one. I expect them to win another won. The No. 1 Singles match is the cincher I think for both teams. Kimitar won first set 7 to 5 and Conor won the second set 7 - 6 so these players are evenly matched. We will see.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:08 PM
The Aggies won match 4 as expected. Match 3 on second look is closer than I though. So far in that match UT's Luis Diaz Barriga won set 1 by the score of 7 to 5 and A&M's Will Spencer won the second set by the same score. They are now starting the final determing set. UT needs to win one of the two to win the match. A&M must win them both and all the players are evenly matched. Hang onto your hats because this is going to be a thrilling ending.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Singles 1 is all tied up at 3 to 3 games each! Singles 3 hasn't started yet.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
UT takes the lead in singles match 1 by the score of 4 games to 3. I don't know why match 3 hasn't started yet.

g$$
04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Keep us posted Phil, great match & a point on the line in LSS.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Keep us posted Phil, great match & a point on the line in LSS.

Right you are g$$. These matches have been good today between these two great teams and the fans there have got to see some great exciting tennis.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Singles 3 has started and UT took the first game and lead 1 - 0. For sake of brevity I will list each school rather than the players just for convenience's sake. These players are great and those that live near Austin should have been there but I know it would have been tough with the great NBA playoff games going on.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM
These have been see-saw matches. Now the Aggie has fought back to lead series 1 by the score of 4 - 3 while UT leads match three 3 - 2. This is exciting tennis.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
My apologies. UT leads set 3 by 2 - 0 games while A&M leads set 5 - 4 and needs only to win the next game to get the match but they players are so evenly matched. We will see.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM
The Aggie wins set 1. Now the overall score is tied 3 - 3 and it is set 3 that will now decide the overall match which just goes to show I am not much of an analysis. Either way the winner here decides it. UT leads 3 - 1 but the points are not easy to come by and this could still go either way. Hang on to your hats folks.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
UT leads the final set (No. 3) to be played 4 games to 1. The match is between UT's Barriga and A&M's Spencer. I will now use the games as this is the final one and will decided who wins the match.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Barriga wins another game and is ahead 5 - 1. One more game and he wins the set and match and gives UT the overall win. Don't be fooled. This match has gone to 3 games and has been a tough match for both players.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Spencer is fighting and not giving up as he wins another game and it is now 5 - 2.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I have to admit that the Aggies have made great strides in sports this year because no matter what happens their men's tennis team has fought very well. I don't know who is going to win but the LSS point here is much more critical for UT than the Aggies. If UT doesn't get the point today they are all but out of the LSS competition today. As it is even if they win it UT's chances of winning it or even getting a tie are slim IMO.

Phil C
04-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Barriga wins the last game and the match. This gives UT a narrow win 4 to 3 between two great tennis teams. Well done on both sides. A&M leads the LSS by the score of 7 to 6.5.

Great game by both sides. For me - I got to show see the last part of the Mavs NBA game.

g$$
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks Phil. Congrats to Texas today. LSS is gonna be tight down the stretch.

buff4life
04-20-2008, 03:07 AM
where did we get the other point? i thought we were down 7-4.5 where did we get to 6.5....women's tennis?

g$$
04-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
where did we get the other point? i thought we were down 7-4.5 where did we get to 6.5....women's tennis?

Yes, 1 point each in women's & now men's tennis. Saturday's men's match was very close, but Texas winning both points here is not unexpected.

So now 7 to 6.5 pts. in favor of A&M with 5.5 pts. still out there.

Men's & Women's Track & Field = 1 point each
Baseball (3 game series) = 1 point (series winner)
Softball = .5 points left for 2nd game (A&M won 1st game)
Men's & Women's Golf = 1 point each
= 5.5 left

...race to the finish