PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 - The Weak Region?

sinfan75
12-08-2002, 01:43 PM
Four of the last five years the region 4 rep has beaten the region 3 rep in the semi's in division I.I believe it's time people realize this is not the weak region everyone thinks it is.

29x281
12-08-2002, 01:49 PM
I think that region 4 has several good teams at the top that can matchup with any region. But it doesn't have the depth that some other regions have.

I also think that this year's Div-1 reps from Region 4 are much stronger than the Div-2 reps. And I think the reverse is true for Region 3: Bellville and Marlin are probably better than any of the Div-1 representatives from than region.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm expecting Bellville to handle Bandera much more easily than they did Marlin.

SintonFan
12-08-2002, 02:00 PM
29x281:
I think that region 4 has several good teams at the top that can matchup with any region. But it doesn't have the depth that some other regions have.

I also think that this year's Div-1 reps from Region 4 are much stronger than the Div-2 reps. And I think the reverse is true for Region 3: Bellville and Marlin are probably better than any of the Div-1 representatives from than region.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm expecting Bellville to handle Bandera much more easily than they did Marlin.Let me understand this...
Your saying that Bellville and Marlin are better than Jasper?
They are both good teams but Jasper just ran into a buzz-saw.
I think that Bandera being a 3rd place team makes a strong argument about the depth of reg. four. Yes, there are some stinkers, but every region has many of those. Region four is on the rise. Period. :p

29x281
12-08-2002, 02:07 PM
Yes, I'm saying Bellville and Marlin are better than Jasper.

I'm from Burnet and we've played Marlin, Bellville, Jasper, and Bandera in the last 12 months. Bellville (the 01 version) and Marlin both played Burnet alot tougher than Jasper. Jasper has great athletes, but you have to factor in other things, and overall Marlin and Bellville are better than Jasper. So is Sinton.

SintonFan
12-08-2002, 02:37 PM
I beleive Bellville and Marlin would both have their hands full with Jasper. A toss-up three ways. Bandera seems to have kicked it up a notch since playoffs started. I'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I do beleive Bellville has a distinct advantge over Bandera. Thanks for the kind words about Sinton...

It is now yall's time to shine. :D

Buck
12-08-2002, 04:15 PM
I went to both games last night... Bellville and Marlin are both 14 points better than Jasper! I was not impressed by Jasper in the least. By the way... District 25-3A is the toughest in the state!! 4th and 5th place Wimberley and Llano played Burnet closer than Jasper even thought about playing them. Burnet over Everman by 14!!

eagles_11
12-08-2002, 05:01 PM
region 3 has depth but region 4 gets slighted bc lack of media

footballgal
12-08-2002, 05:26 PM
I was thinking the samething Sinton75, I was thinking about those we kept saying that region I & II were the best but looks like that is starting to change and will continue to change.

So with that all I have to say is, Way to go Region IV!!! and best wishes on the last two weeks!

Jacket2000
12-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Hate to play devil's advocate here, but 2 or 3 teams does not a powerhouse region make.
J2K

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Argh.

Just to think that a mental lapse from one individual who did not go out on the field for punt team (only 10 men on the field) that led to the blocked punt which was recovered in the end zone by Bandera for a TD did us in. After I found out about Bandera beating Yoakum, I can't keep from thinking that it could just as easily be Port Isabel the Region IV Champs.

I'm willing to bet some of the Port Isabel players are feeling the same way I am right now. I know I shouldn't be going into the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" stuff, but things happen that make a team and it's fans think. I'm pretty sure this turn of events will motivate our team even more next season, and also makes true Port Isabel's motto for the 2003 season.

PORT ISABEL TARPONS 2003
"UNFINISHED BUSINESS"

Matthew328
12-08-2002, 06:22 PM
Region 4 is getting better and better every year...the depth still isn't quite there yet..but the gap is definatley closing...and at the top of the region...Region 4 is as good or better than the other 3 regions

footballgal
12-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Jacket2000:
Hate to play devil's advocate here, but 2 or 3 teams does not a powerhouse region make.
J2KHeehee :D I knew you would show up in this one (Topic, especially after I would post) Jacket, I just knew it! (Man, if I was a betting person, I would have won BIG) wink

footballgal
12-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Matthew328:
Region 4 is getting better and better every year...the depth still isn't quite there yet..but the gap is definatley closing...and at the top of the region...Region 4 is as good or better than the other 3 regionsThanks Matthew328! for that good observation, you don't know how much it means for those of us in this region!

Jacket2000
12-09-2002, 11:51 AM
footballgal:

Jacket2000:
J2KHeehee :D I knew you would show up in this one (Topic, especially after I would post) Jacket, I just knew it! (Man, if I was a betting person, I would have won BIG) wink You KNOW I couldnt let this thread pass without sharing my two cents, didnt ya?
J2K

footballgal
12-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Jacket2000
You KNOW I couldnt let this thread pass without sharing my two cents, didnt ya?
J2K[/QB]Lol, Yeah, I KNEW IT.... Got to love it! :D

Bellville22
12-09-2002, 12:06 PM
While I appreciate the support of Bellville, and everyone saying how good we are, I wish y'all would stop saying we'll have no problem, and we'll win by 14. This is the same kinda stuff people were telling Marlin before we beat them.

I don't care, what place Bandera finished in district, or how strong their region is. This is the State Semis, and we're pretty sure we're gonna have our hands full w/ whoever we play. I hope I'm wrong and y'all are right, but we better go in expecting yet another dog fight, cause chances are, that's what we're gonna get.