PDA

View Full Version : This Day In History .. April 19

TexasHSFootball
04-19-2008, 11:37 AM
This Day In History

The "shot heard around the world" was fired. Colonial Minute Men took on British Army regulars at Lexington and Concord, Mass., starting the American Revolution.

The Warsaw ghetto uprising began, one of the first mass rebellions against the Nazis.

The siege at Waco, Texas, ended when FBI moved into the Branch Davidian compound with tear gas and cult members set fire to the compound killing over 80 people.

The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Okla., was destroyed by a car bomb. 168 people, including 19 children were killed in the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history up to that time.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
This Day In History

The "shot heard around the world" was fired. Colonial Minute Men took on British Army regulars at Lexington and Concord, Mass., starting the American Revolution.

The Warsaw ghetto uprising began, one of the first mass rebellions against the Nazis.

The siege at Waco, Texas, ended when FBI moved into the Branch Davidian compound with tear gas and cult members set fire to the compound killing over 80 people.

The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Okla., was destroyed by a car bomb. 168 people, including 19 children were killed in the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history up to that time.

Thanks for the uplifting information.

super1
04-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

Do you come to this board to be "uplifted"? I liked the reminder of that day in history's significance. Good job!

Emerson1
04-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
1775 was good news

lepfan
04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
This Day In History

The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Okla., was destroyed by a car bomb. 168 people, including 19 children were killed in the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history up to that time. How many have visited the memorial in OKC??? I have gone 2 times...once when the fence and much of the debri was still there...the second was after the memorial was built. Both trips were emotional...I would encourage all who are in the area to make an effort to stop by...

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by super1
Do you come to this board to be "uplifted"? I liked the reminder of that day in history's significance. Good job!

Well, it depends on if you are Jewish and one of the topics is Nazi related.:thinking:

injuredinmelee
04-20-2008, 01:18 PM
The picture of the firefighter carrying the bleeding baby made me cry for months afterwards. Too hard to watch the coverage after that.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Well, it depends on if you are Jewish and one of the topics is Nazi related.:thinking:

Which as y'all know, I am.