PDA

View Full Version : To those who say Texas doesn't care about LSS...

g$$
04-19-2008, 12:10 AM
http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=50&url_article_id=8788&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Texas' women's tennis team beat A&M's women Wed. night in CS. Article above includes updated standings & a pic of team w/ trophy afterwards. Congrats to Texas for gaining a point.

Yeah, right, they don't care one bit (re: KTJ & others)...

Updated Standings:
Texas A&M = 7
Texas = 5.5

19 points total, 10 needed to win.

Getting tight down the home stretch.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 12:19 AM
who do u mean cares? The school's sports dept?

I am sure both sides care since a sponsor pays them both for the right to be the title sponsor

g$$
04-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
who do u mean cares? The school's sports dept?

I am sure both sides care since a sponsor pays them both for the right to be the title sponsor

Sure the sponsor (State Farm) wants publicity & paid to get it. Both schools, athletic depts., & fans care too - far more than you are willing to admit.

Earlier, I got a lot of blah blah blah about it. Texas is not afraid to put it in print when they gain a point. A&M does the same. It's hypocritical to say otherwise (as some have).

May the best program of 2007-2008 win.

kepdawg
04-19-2008, 12:36 AM
We need a forum dedicated to Texas vs A&M!

pirate4state
04-19-2008, 12:41 AM
:confused: :confused:

Of course they care! Will they admit it to you or anyone else? NO!

This is beyond ridiculous!

When UT is winning in point standings those homers/t-shirt fans/whatever you want to call them will flaunt that they are winning. Same goes for A&M.

I don't recall you ever starting a thread about A&M when they were down in the LSS in the previous years and why would you?

It isn't that hard to understand!

:hairpunk:

g$$
04-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: :confused:

Of course they care! Will they admit it to you or anyone else? NO!

This is beyond ridiculous!

When UT is winning in point standings those homers/t-shirt fans/whatever you want to call them will flaunt that they are winning. Same goes for A&M.

I don't recall you ever starting a thread about A&M when they were down in the LSS in the previous years and why would you?

It isn't that hard to understand!

:hairpunk:

No, it's not ridiculous. My only point was the hypocritical nature of some who "act" like they don't care when "their" athletic depts. put it in print! I know good & well they care because they sure respond to the banter.

And you know how much I respect t-shirt fans...haha

I never started a thread in the past about the LSS, but I did always congratulate Texas for winning the past 3 years (Phil C threads...). Check it if you wish. That's the difference.

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
honestly, my t-shirt fan opinion is this: it sucks any time A&M beats you in any way (whether on the field or in this LSS), but when Texas is winning in the LSS standings I really DON'T care... 5.5? that's the kinda stupid that makes me not care... a win should be one solid point you'd think... but I really don't care...

DDBooger
04-19-2008, 03:41 PM
G$$ isn't too bad. All Aggies are cultish individuals. But compared to some of my friends, he's a mildly brain washed!:taunt: :evillol: ;)

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
G$$ isn't too bad. All Aggies are cultish individuals. But compared to some of my friends, he's a mildly brain washed!:taunt: :evillol: ;)

No brain-washing here...I call a spaid a spaid, my team or others. Don't stereotype, friend. Every school has idiots.

Gobbla: point system is based on individual sports. Depends on how many times they play each other, etc. EX: baseball plays 3 game series, winner of series gets 1 point. Basketball plays twice in conference, so winner gets .5 point for each game. Others like that too.

Gobbla2001
04-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Gobbla: point system is based on individual sports. Depends on how many times they play each other, etc. EX: baseball plays 3 game series, winner of series gets 1 point. Basketball plays twice in conference, so winner gets .5 point for each game. Others like that too.

I know how it's done and all, just think it's silly...

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I know how it's done and all, just think it's silly...

Just their way of weighing the sports equally for both men & women. Otherwise, you know there would be a stink about it being unfair.

DDBooger
04-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No brain-washing here...I call a spaid a spaid, my team or others. Don't stereotype, friend. Every school has idiots.
not talking about idiots, just flat out, here is the world and College station is at the center ;)...don't be so serious(hence the mildly brainwashed!) lmao

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
- far more than you are willing to admit.

Me?..I have never given my opinion of who cares or not except to say in 50 years if still around the LSS will be alot bigger just like any rivalry trophy..It needs time to get more people invested in it

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Me?..I have never given my opinion of who cares or not except to say in 50 years if still around the LSS will be alot bigger just like any rivalry trophy..It needs time to get more people invested in it

I have a sneaky suspicion that Texas & Texas A&M will still be around & competing against each other for a few more years!

Booger: I know you were kidding, & I also know reality. I understand our place & where we are trying to be nationally year in & year out. We are making progress. The college sports world does not revolve around CS. But, we are in the hunt more often than not too now in many sports. Just look at the rankings across the board.

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I have a sneaky suspicion that Texas & Texas A&M will still be around & competing against each other for a few more years!

I meant in the form of a trophy like the LSS

DDBooger
04-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Booger: I know you were kidding, & I also know reality. I understand our place & where we are trying to be nationally year in & year out. We are making progress. The college sports world does not revolve around CS. But, we are in the hunt more often than not too now in many sports. Just look at the rankings across the board. aww i don't have a dog in the fight. im a Islander and Bobcat! lol but im all for Texas(the State) looking good. never really go for one team over the other, EXCEPT when UT won the title, someone had to bring the trophy back to the State. :)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/avypics/bandwagon.gif
:clap:

g$$
04-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I meant in the form of a trophy like the LSS

I know what you meant. If there's a title sponsor, then there will be a trophy. Simple as that, money talks & it is good PR for both schools.

g$$
04-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Texas took the 1 point each in women's & now men's tennis. Saturday's men's match was very close, but Texas winning both points here is not unexpected (A&M has made strides in tennis but not quite to Texas' level yet). Congrats to Texas.

So now 7 to 6.5 pts. in favor of A&M with 5.5 pts. still out there.

Men's & Women's Track & Field = 1 point each
Baseball (3 game series) = 1 point (series winner)
Softball = .5 points left for 2nd game (A&M won 1st game)
Men's & Women's Golf = 1 point each
= 5.5 left

10 pts. to win
19 pts. total

...race to the finish

3afan
04-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$
May the best program of 2007-2008 win.

the LSS hardly prove which "program" is best, its just a way of keeping score for one year ...

g$$
04-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
the LSS hardly prove which "program" is best, its just a way of keeping score for one year ...

Why? It measures head-to-head in all sports, men & women, for both schools in a given year. If you mean nationally, that is another matter entirely & the rankings & final totals will determine that. It is undeniable that A&M has made progress across the board. And, Texas is a very good barometer based on their years of success in many sports.

3afan
04-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Why? It measures head-to-head in all sports, men & women, for both schools in a given year. ...

exactly - for 1 year ......

BTW, go 'Jacks !!!!!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/20080123/80x60/sst.gif

:thumbsup:

g$$
04-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
exactly - for 1 year ......

BTW, go 'Jacks !!!!!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/20080123/80x60/sst.gif

:thumbsup:

Which is exactly why I clearly said "2007-2008". That makes your point inaccurate. Texas has won the past 3 years, so no denying that A&M's entire program is looking good for the future now that Bill Byrne is the AD & has made wonderful hires (Henry, Childress, Blair, etc.) in stressing "all around program". The rankings & standings say it all. A&M's men's track team is ranked #1 for goodness sakes, women's track top 5. Softball #4, baseball #8, etc.

The NCAA Director's Cup is the gold standard for all-around athletics programs anyway. It measures all sports & tracks their final finish. But the LSS has merit too.

I_DONT_CARE
04-20-2008, 08:37 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN!:rolleyes:

g$$
04-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
HERE WE GO AGAIN!:rolleyes:

If you don't care, then why post?

2007-2008 was clearly stated, so conversation ends there.

I_DONT_CARE
04-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
If you don't care, then why post?

I READ THE RULES WHEN I FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN THIS NOTORIOUS BOARD. IN ALL THAT READING I NEVER CAME ACROSS ANYTHING THAT STATED THAT I MUST 'CARE' BEFORE I COULD POST.

THANKS FOR PLAYING.

Phil C
04-20-2008, 08:50 AM
g$$ is right as he has pointed out that the LSS competition is good for both schools. Of course each one wants to win but the thing also is they get a sponsor for their sports and this is good publicity and more cash for each school. It is a win-win situation for all concerned.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I READ THE RULES WHEN I FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN THIS NOTORIOUS BOARD. IN ALL THAT READING I NEVER CAME ACROSS ANYTHING THAT STATED THAT I MUST 'CARE' BEFORE I COULD POST.

THANKS FOR PLAYING.

that's good stuff...

Necks_Fan
04-20-2008, 08:55 AM

THANKS FOR PLAYING. :clap:

This guy makes me laugh everytime he posts.:2thumbsup

g$$
04-20-2008, 08:57 AM

THANKS FOR PLAYING.

This guy's a deep thinker.

Thanks for that nugget of wisdom. :thinking:

I_DONT_CARE
04-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by g$$
This guy's a deep thinker.

Thanks for that nugget of wisdom. :thinking:

YOU'RE WELCOME! FEEL FREE TO APPLY IT.

Originally posted by Necks_Fan
:clap:

This guy makes me laugh everytime he posts.:2thumbsup

I HAVE MADE A PERSON LAUGH, MY DAY IS COMPLETE.:D

g$$
04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
[B]YOU'RE WELCOME! FEEL FREE TO APPLY IT.

I will...uhh...keep that in mind.