PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Burnet Gainesville game.

PPHSfan
12-14-2003, 11:00 PM
I arrived at the stadium just in time for kick-off and was unhappy that I had missed the cookout. Sinton66 didn't even bother sneaking a tortilla sausage into the stadium in his pocket for me. eek!

I had wanted to sit on the Burnet side but it was packed to the top, (as was the Gainesville side) so I met up with Ranger mom, Sinton66, E.O.T.T., Old green, and a few others (whom I must apologize for forgetting who they were), and took my rightful spot in the end zone.

The opening kickoff was exciting as we watched Jordan Shipley fake a reverse and fly down the Gainesville sideline about 90 yards for the touchdown. I was really impressed with the Burnet offense and McGee and Shipley did not let me down. But here is where my story takes a turn.

I think after watching the opening kickoff and the first Burnet offensive possession that ended with another touchdown pass of about 50 yards from McGee to Shipley, (even though Gainesville had made a nice drive in between), most folks thought that Burnet was going to run away with it. (Most folks that is except for the Gainesville players, coaches, and 98 percent of their fans.) What followed was one fantastic football game.

The Gainesville team and coaches came prepared to play this game, and although I was disappointed, I was also impressed. Burnet's defense was Sears and Roebuck at best. With the exception of a few big plays I think Burnet's defense would have a tough time with any good offense, and Gainesville certainly brought one to this game. But what really won this game for Gainesville was their defense. They kept coming at Burnet with a tenacity that was nothing short of FUN to watch. I for one, hated to see Gainesville win, but I sure had fun watching them do it. In my opinion Gainesville just outplayed Burnet and they won the game by playing 48 full minutes of hard nosed football. As a matter of fact, if their players didn't do thinks like monkey dancing in the backfield when they made huge hits, and instead reached down and helped the guy up, and if they didn't do things like acting like rock-stars when they scored a touchdown, and walked over and handed the ref the football instead, then I might actually find myself somewhat of a Leopard fan. Unfortunately I don't see that kind of behavior ever coming from them so I guess I will have to settle with just enjoying watching them play the game of football.

Congrats to the Bulldogs on a great season...I can't wait to watch Shipley on TV over the next few years at UT.

AND...Congratulations to the Gainesville Leopards on a Cinderella Season 15-0 and the Division One Class 3A State Champions. I hope that you will wear your rings and your crown with pride and honor.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Yea.......what he said!! wink

KTJ
12-14-2003, 11:11 PM
i mean really, did we need something like this out of your post?

As a matter of fact, if their players didn't do thinks like monkey dancing in the backfield when they made huge hits, and instead reached down and helped the guy up, and if they didn't do things like acting like rock-stars when they scored a touchdown, and walked over and handed the ref the football instead, then I might actually find myself somewhat of a Leopard fan. Unfortunately I don't see that kind of behavior ever coming from them so I guess I will have to settle with just enjoying watching them play the game of football.

Keith7
12-14-2003, 11:16 PM
KTJ:

As a matter of fact, if their players didn't do thinks like monkey dancing in the backfield when they made huge hits, and instead reached down and helped the guy up, and if they didn't do things like acting like rock-stars when they scored a touchdown, and walked over and handed the ref the football instead, then I might actually find myself somewhat of a Leopard fan. Unfortunately I don't see that kind of behavior ever coming from them so I guess I will have to settle with just enjoying watching them play the game of football.
You have to know the guy, he hates Gainesville with a passion.. He prolly likes old fassioned football.. and doesnt like the kids to have fun..

Rabbit'93
12-14-2003, 11:20 PM
My opinion on the whole celebrating thing is simple...I may not like it but if the refs on the field don't throw a flag then there's really nothing I can complain about. But I tend to agree with everything he said. :D

Well almost everything...I am now a Leopard fan. Those kids never gave up. Not against us, Wylie, or Burnet.

pirate4state
12-14-2003, 11:21 PM
KTJ:

What's wrong with what he said?? I wasn't there to see what kind of "dancing" was going on, but if it's at all like the "dancing" that goes on at the college level & the NFL, I can just imagine what was done by 16,17 & 18 year olds. :rolleyes:

IMO all of these players need to act like they've scored before!! :rolleyes: PPHSfan is right, just hand the ball to ref and go on about your business!

Rabbit'93
12-14-2003, 11:25 PM
pirate4state:
[QUOTE]
[qb]
just hand the ball to ref and go on about your business!Sorry I have to disagree. If I had scored in the state finals I would've pee'd myself, done a backflip, and found the nearest camera and said "Hi Mom". Ok well maybe not all of that.

:D

pirate4state
12-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Rabbit'93:

pirate4state:
[QUOTE]
[qb]
just hand the ball to ref and go on about your business!Sorry I have to disagree. If I had scored in the state finals I would've pee'd myself, done a backflip, and found the nearest camera and said "Hi Mom". Ok well maybe not all of that.

:D Sure, a smile, a wave & a "Hey Mom" are all well & good, but do it on the sideline. wink I guess I'm just old-school (even if I'm only 31!) :p :D :( We'll just have to agree, to disagree. :cool:

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Ranger Mom
12-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Pirate4State - there is NOTHING wrong with what he said. As a matter of fact his topic is "My thoughts.....".

Thank God we live in a country where we can express ourselves.

After reading his post and reading the responses to it, and going back and reading his post once again I STILL have this to say......

Yea....what he said!!!!

pirate4state
12-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Ranger Mom:
Pirate4State - there is NOTHING wrong with what he said. As a matter of fact his topic is "My thoughts.....".

Thank God we live in a country where we can express ourselves.

After reading his post and reading the responses to it, and going back and reading his post once again I STILL have this to say......

Yea....what he said!!!!:cool: TRUE!! :D

GETBACKCOACH
12-14-2003, 11:32 PM
PPHS,
I must have missed something.........I saw number 8 score three times, twice diving in the endzone. The ball laid on the ground and the Referee was the one who picked it up. Number one scored the other two times and he handed the ball to the official both times. So I miss your monkey celebrations. It is a shame you dislike Gainesville so much you see the wrong things. This is the year Gainesville was more disciplined than Pilot Point and it kills you. Sorry to be the messanger.

KTJ
12-14-2003, 11:33 PM
well i guess this is just the communications major in me, but i got more out of his post that what others did. you have to look at the context. granted, this is a message board, so you can't really get a true feeling. nonetheless, i digress...

anyone ever eaten at Matt's El Rancho in austin? :D

sinton66
12-14-2003, 11:34 PM
The whole celebratory thing is ridiculous. If you're a great player and you make a great play, you won't have to point it out to anybody. They'll already know and appreciate the effort. Why make yourself look conceited and full of yourself? I agree with PPHSfan, the monkey dance has no place in highschool athletics.
And, remember, he's seen more than just one Gainesville game. I didn't see alot of celebration in this one either, but there was some when big defensive plays were made by Gainesville players.
I'm reminded of how Everman players acted in our State championship contest in 2001. When they scored, they knelt in the endzone and bowed their heads. I, for one, will always applaud them for that.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Keith7
12-15-2003, 03:30 AM
sinton66:
The whole celebratory thing is ridiculous. If you're a great player and you make a great play, you won't have to point it out to anybody. They'll already know and appreciate the effort. Why make yourself look conceited and full of yourself? I agree with PPHSfan, the monkey dance has no place in highschool athletics.
And, remember, he's seen more than just one Gainesville game. I didn't see alot of celebration in this one either, but there was some when big defensive plays were made by Gainesville players.
I'm reminded of how Everman players acted in our State championship contest in 2001. When they scored, they knelt in the endzone and bowed their heads. I, for one, will always applaud them for that.he's seen 2 games.. its not like they were well behaved for 1 game but had syncranized dances set up for the other game that PPHSFan saw

sinton66
12-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Sorry Keith, but I know for a fact he's seen 3 Gainesville games this year alone.
Gainesville vs. Pilot Point
Gainesville vs. Forney
Gainesville vs. Burnet
He didn't try to hide his dislike for Gainesville. He hasn't changed his stripes at all. He even congratulated your team. You can't ask for much more than that.

3afan
12-15-2003, 08:28 AM
I thought it was an absolutely fantastic game ... I sat on the Gainesville side but only because thats where I was for the first 2 games and I was too cold/lazy to move. Not that I wanted to be on any particular side - I just ended up on that side. (Its easier for me to escape the stadium parked on that side ...)

Anyway - I thought the Gainesville fans around me were great. Burnet too obviously. The Everman connection story is a great one. From where I was it looked like the 16,000 were split pretty even on both sides. The only negative I heard/saw was a group chanting "Go home Burnet" at the end of the game. But they looked like teenagers so lets just forget that since they were, well, teenagers.

As far as the celebrating ... the only negative thing I saw was when the result was no longer in doubt #7 from Gainesville spent some time near the Burnet sidelines pointing and gesturing. Wish I knew what he was saying ...

Congrats to both teams ... no losers in Texas Stadium that night.

Junkyard
12-15-2003, 08:41 AM
This game just proves the old adage, "Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships!"

PPHSfan
12-15-2003, 08:49 AM
I went back and read my post again, and I think that I may have typed something that I should not have typed. So please give me this opportunity to make ammends.

I am sorry, but kickoff is one word and should never have been hyphenated. :p

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 10:08 AM
Love your thoughts on the game. I share much of your opinions.

Burnet's defense could do NOTHING to stop Gainesville. What a let down, but with a team like Gainesville had, you could expect nothing more from Burnet.

Burnet had their hands full with Jasper last week, so I knew Gainesville would be no easy task. I had put back in an earlier post that Gainesville wasn't 14-0 for nothing. They had to have something. Wow- did they ever.

Great game though. I love the close ones. I like it better when we come out on top though... :D

pirate4state
12-15-2003, 10:09 AM
PPHSfan:
I went back and read my post again, and I think that I may have typed something that I should not have typed. So please give me this opportunity to make ammends.

I am sorry, but kickoff is one word and should never have been hyphenated. :p LOL!!! Too good!! :D

westcoast54
12-15-2003, 10:39 AM
PPHS fan, your comments are inappropriate. These kids have worked their tails off to become State Champions. They were not monkey dancing. They were just a bunch of excited kids who were about to win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Sure, there was some trash talking gong on, but both sides were doing it. The Burnet team was trying to stare down Gainesville during pre-game while number 30 walked up and down talking about how he was going to get Gville's number 8. So don't make Gainesville out to be a bunch of out of control players, because that is not true, and you know it!

sinton66
12-15-2003, 12:48 PM
westcoast, you are free to disagree, I only saw Gainesville play this one time and noticed a little of what he's talking about myself. No one is trying to take anything away from Gainesville's accomplishment. Allow that different people will interpret what their eyes see differently than your own. PPHSfan owes no apology.

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2003, 01:47 PM
PPHSfan:

I am sorry, but kickoff is one word and should never have been hyphenated. :p ...no wonder you are sooooooo loved!! eek!

Keith7
12-15-2003, 02:21 PM
sinton66:
westcoast, you are free to disagree, I only saw Gainesville play this one time and noticed a little of what he's talking about myself. No one is trying to take anything away from Gainesville's accomplishment. Allow that different people will interpret what their eyes see differently than your own. PPHSfan owes no apology.omg.. they are kids, let them enjoy themselves

playa 3
12-15-2003, 03:14 PM
I didn't see the game and haven't heard anything about the game, besides the score, until now. My take on the whole dancing thing is that high school athletes work hard to win championships. I don't like excessive dancing, but some celebration is just a part of the big games. If an 16-18 year old kid is not overly excited about making a big play in the championship game, I think everyone would wonder what's wrong. These kids are going to show more emotion than just handing the ball ack to the refs. Especially for these two teams, considering this was a chance for both teams to get thier first state championship. Let the kids express some emotion.

PPHSfan
12-15-2003, 04:02 PM
I think that you guys are taking what I said way out of context. I said many nice things about a program that I really do not like. And if my opinion of the way they act disturbs you, fine, but don't hide behind some cop-out excuse for their behavior by saying they are "just kids". I blame the coaches, television, and the NFL for the way some highschool kids act on the field nowadays, not the kids.

KTJ
12-15-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm curious to know what exactly Gainesville did to make you hate them so much. Is it just a rivalry thing? (not that Gainesville and PP are really rivals, except for 9-3A) Are you Mike Russell? :D

**Also--what other teams do hate?

Finally--what happened with Moore and the basketball coach? Why did he leave?

PPHSfan
12-15-2003, 04:10 PM
KTJ:
I'm curious to know what exactly Gainesville did to make you hate them so much. Is it just a rivalry thing? (not that Gainesville and PP are really rivals, except for 9-3A) Are you Mike Russell? :D

Finally--what happened with Moore and the basketball coach? Why did he leave?Here are the answers to your three questions in order.

NO,every soccer team on the planet,none of your business. :p

Keith7
12-15-2003, 06:22 PM
PPHSfan:

KTJ:

Finally--what happened with Moore and the basketball coach? Why did he leave?Here are the answers to your three questions in order.

NO,every soccer team on the planet,none of your business. :p dang your gettin grumpier with age

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Wait a minute. I came to Texas Stadium not only to see a Leopard State Championship, but also to see a hyped-up combonation of McGee to Shipley.
I saw it once. I'm dissapointed with the offense of Burnet, i mean, the records speak for themselves that they have a good one two punch with these two fine athletes, but i mean come on. Where was it? Burnet rushed the ball 32 times and only passed the ball 18. That doesnt sound like how they got to the state game. Gainesville on the other hand didnt surprise me, they ran the ball 47 times and passes only 8. Typical Gainesville 'O'. Shipley caught 5 passes for 119 yards, thats good stuff, but i guess i was just expecting more than that. Burnet couldnt stop the run, Gainesville couldnt stop the pass, but Burnet didnt take advantage of that. Gainesville turned the turnovers into points. Burnet didnt.
Take away an opening kickoff, and a 50 yard pass play and this would have been a blowout.
Does anyone have the T.O.P stat? Im sure that will tell the game right there.
Gainesville had over 400 yards of total offense(409 to be exact)...while Burnet had 278.
Im sorry but this is not the Burnet offense that i have been hearing about since last year.
I guess all the credit in the world goes out to the play of the Gainesville Defense, they did what was needed, and did it quite well....

We didnt shut'em down, but we contained them pretty good.

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: MonkeyJoe ]</small>

Fletch
12-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Monkey, how can you say "Take away an opening kickoff, and a 50 yard pass play and this would have been a blowout."?

Take away your Mom and you'd be a glint in your Daddy's eye.

Those plays happened, and they happened because of great skill and execution. Just like the Gainesville drive to put the game away after McGee fumbled.

Blowout?

Burnet was down 28-24 in the 4th and driving to go ahead when he fumbled. Gainesville did a great job getting it in the end-zone to put the game out of reach, and certainly deserve the championship, but give Burnet some credit. Gainesville did a great job shutting down Shipley in the 2nd half. That and Purvey were the difference.

Congratulations. :D

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 09:37 PM
MonkeyJoe:

Take away an opening kickoff, and a 50 yard pass play and this would have been a blowout.
Oh my God!!!! did you really say that sentence? you have to be kidding me. Ok here try this take away burnets fumble and say they score on that drive. ah well looks like burnet wins. Or here take away gainesvilles field goal, and take away burnets fumble and say they kick a field goal, well burnet wins there too. You see how stupid that all sounds. all the what if's the point of the matter is that burnet did get the touchdown on kickoff and the did get the long pass how are you gonna say take that away and its a blowout. That was real stupid you'd best check yourself before you break yourself. :D

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 10:44 PM
bulldogvet85:
[QUOTE]you'd best check yourself before you break yourself. :D No that was Stupid!

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Ok anways...i was just saying that if Gainesville stopped the "big play" in the first half that myabe those 2 scores wouldnt have happened.
Burnet did a good job of stopping the big plays of Gainesville, cuz they didnt have any!
they drove the field with the little plays.
thats all i meant by the comment.
i have a lotta respect for the players, coaches, and fans of Burnet. Yall got class.

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
MonkeyJoe:

bulldogvet85:
[QUOTE]you'd best check yourself before you break yourself. :D No that was Stupid!i figured if you can be stupid i would be. And by the way blah blah blah blah on the WHAT IF's. IF gainsville would have stopped those big plays IS A BUNCH OF CRAP. What did that have to do with anything? If burnet would have done something to stop all the small things then it would have been a blowout. right?

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 11:15 PM
bulldogvet85:

MonkeyJoe:

bulldogvet85:
[QUOTE]you'd best check yourself before you break yourself. :D No that was Stupid!i figured if you can be stupid i would be. And by the way blah blah blah blah on the WHAT IF's. IF gainsville would have stopped those big plays IS A BUNCH OF CRAP. What did that have to do with anything? If burnet would have done something to stop all the small things then it would have been a blowout. right?lighten up man, your taking is way to seriously.
not that im joking but still. i was just stating a fact, yes a fact. IF IF IF...exactely, im just saying....geeze.

(*i know that really said nothing, but i dont know what to say when some one flips out)

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 11:22 PM
MonkeyJoe:

bulldogvet85:

MonkeyJoe:

bulldogvet85:
[QUOTE]you'd best check yourself before you break yourself. :D No that was Stupid!i figured if you can be stupid i would be. And by the way blah blah blah blah on the WHAT IF's. IF gainsville would have stopped those big plays IS A BUNCH OF CRAP. What did that have to do with anything? If burnet would have done something to stop all the small things then it would have been a blowout. right?lighten up man, your taking is way to seriously.
not that im joking but still. i was just stating a fact, yes a fact. IF IF IF...exactely, im just saying....geeze.

(*i know that really said nothing, but i dont know what to say when some one flips out)it's just saying IF they didnt score but they did, why would you even say if? when they scored big. it just doesnt make senswe to make a comment like that you said you came to see McGee and shipley come play cuz you had heard all this hype about them and they make two big plays and you say if they hadnt it would have been a blow out when they made big plays like that all year long.

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 11:27 PM
wow...who cares...Doesn;t matter how u win...all that matters is you WIN! Small plays...big plays...turnovers...penalties...those are all parts of the game.

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 11:35 PM
bulldogvet85:

MonkeyJoe:

bulldogvet85:

MonkeyJoe:

bulldogvet85:

(*i know that really said nothing, but i dont know what to say when some one flips out)it's just saying IF they didnt score but they did, why would you even say if? when they scored big. it just doesnt make senswe to make a comment like that you said you came to see McGee and shipley come play cuz you had heard all this hype about them and they make two big plays and you say if they hadnt it would have been a blow out when they made big plays like that all year long.ok lets just say that as a fan of the game, i was impressed with Burnet. But didnt agree with all the running. They got there with the big plays those two made all year, i was expecting to see that, and didnt.

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 11:46 PM
MonkeyJoe:
Ok anways...i was just saying that if My husband always tells me that "IF your Aunt had nuts she'd be your Uncle." :D

We can if this thing till the sun comes up and goes down 40 times...Burnet still lost. It doesn't matter. Gainesville is still better, and that matters.

Burnet has a great team, and a spectacular offense, I'm sorry you didn't see the show you had expected to see out of Shipley and McGee, it is quite a powerful combination, however; when a team like Gainesville comes in and knows how to shut the combo down- not much of anything could have come of the pair. Burnet couldn't accomplish much of anything if you ask me- Gainesville's game plan was wonderful- they knew where our weaknesses were, and they used it to their advantage. They covered our passing game and put us in a position to have to run the ball. Our running game is stout, but not anything like yours. With a strong running game, your coach instinctivly knows how to shut down a run. Your coaches have been watching enough film on Burnet, probably all year to know how to shut down our passing game.

Burnet can't go up against a team like Gainesville and make any mistakes. We made two very costly ones. Stuff happens. :o

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 11:48 PM
HotDawg89:

MonkeyJoe:
Ok anways...i was just saying that if My husband always tells me that "IF your Aunt had nuts she'd be your Uncle." :D

We can if this thing till the sun comes up and goes down 40 times...Burnet still lost. It doesn't matter. Gainesville is still better, and that matters.

Burnet has a great team, and a spectacular offense, I'm sorry you didn't see the show you had expected to see out of Shipley and McGee, it is quite a powerful combination, however; when a team like Gainesville comes in and knows how to shut the combo down- not much of anything could have come of the pair. Burnet couldn't accomplish much of anything if you ask me- Gainesville's game plan was wonderful- they knew where our weaknesses were, and they used it to their advantage. They covered our passing game and put us in a position to have to run the ball. Our running game is stout, but not anything like yours. With a strong running game, your coach instinctivly knows how to shut down a run. Your coaches have been watching enough film on Burnet, probably all year to know how to shut down our passing game.

Burnet can't go up against a team like Gainesville and make any mistakes. We made two very costly ones. Stuff happens. :o Hey, well said HD...

KTJ
12-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Sorry to stir this up again, but what was the justification of not liking Gainesville again? Anyone?

I said many nice things about a program that I really do not like.

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 11:52 PM
i like g-ville...

MonkeyJoe
12-15-2003, 11:54 PM
kaorder1999:
i like g-ville...ditto

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 11:56 PM
I thought they were pretty athletic group and were a good team.

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 11:59 PM
KTJ:
Sorry to stir this up again, but what was the justification of not liking Gainesville again? Anyone?

I said many nice things about a program that I really do not like. IT's kind of funny, I don't like them cause they beat us... oh wait- you weren't talking about me... :D just kidding anyway.

I'm not sure if PPHS fan has ever liked them. Not since I have been on this board anyway. He's never really made it known why- I just kind of took it as a rivalry thing. It's funny though.

Rabdad
12-16-2003, 12:12 AM
IF IF IF...
If G'ville hadn't gotten lucky on three ducks, that should have been picked, against Forney, you'de be sitting at home, and not giving PPHSfan more reasons to dislike you.

MonkeyJoe
12-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Rabdad:
IF IF IF...
If G'ville hadn't gotten lucky on three ducks, that should have been picked, against Forney, you'de be sitting at home, and not giving PPHSfan more reasons to dislike you.dust has setteled...stop stirring.

westcoast54
12-16-2003, 02:26 PM
I'll tell you why PPHS fan doesn't like Gville; In two games PPHS has not scored, while the Leopards have scored over seventy! (not sure of the exact number of points.) And this is with the great, G.A. Moore walking their sideline.

PPHSfan
12-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Wow that shows a lot of class westcoast54. Imagine that...someone with a mind as small as yours being able to even fathom what makes a brilliant mind like mine tick. Maybe next you would like to tell me what I should be doing for a living and what my favorite vegetable is. Then if you have time could you let me know if I prefer the Suburban or the Escalade for my annual December new car purchase?

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

marktaras
12-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Wow, do you really get a new car every December?

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: marktaras ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-16-2003, 05:23 PM
marktaras:
Wow, do you really get a new car every December?Didn't you know that the week between Christmas and New Years Eve is the best time to buy a new car?

sinton66
12-16-2003, 05:23 PM
marktaras:
Wow, do you really get a new car every December?Doesn't everybody?

marktaras
12-16-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm usually too broke at that time of year to think of buying something else! Ya gotta love Kids though!

Keith7
12-16-2003, 06:48 PM
PPHSfan:

marktaras:
Wow, do you really get a new car every December?Didn't you know that the week between Christmas and New Years Eve is the best time to buy a new car?PPHSFan is going senile i think.. what does this have to do with football????

Pudlugger
12-16-2003, 07:10 PM
My husband always tells me that "IF your Aunt had nuts she'd be your Uncle." :D

I have one even better. My professor in gynecology used to say: "Balls! Said the Queen. If I had them I'd be King!" :D

mr.leopard man
12-21-2003, 11:42 AM
i agree with westcoast...BURNET started the stuff with the stare down at warmups..as they crossed there side of the field onto gainesvilles pointing and flexing and make gestures..if i remember correct last year bridgeport tried that also and that didnt work except for firing up gainesvile more.. and for MR Pilot point fan.. your GA. MOORE the last two years has been outscored by leopards 74-0.... 30-0...44-0.. :D congrats to BURNET for a fine season though.

Hottogo
12-21-2003, 02:41 PM
mr.leopard man:
i agree with westcoast...BURNET started the stuff with the stare down at warmups..as they crossed there side of the field onto gainesvilles pointing and flexing and make gestures..if i remember correct last year bridgeport tried that also and that didnt work except for firing up gainesvile more.. and for MR Pilot point fan.. your GA. MOORE the last two years has been outscored by leopards 74-0.... 30-0...44-0.. :D congrats to BURNET for a fine season though.You must have fallen out of a west coast timezone. This thread has been dead for a week. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
12-21-2003, 05:07 PM
mr.leopard man:
if i remember correct last year bridgeport tried that also and that didnt work except for firing up gainesvile more*Chuckle* I have the tape of that game. If you want to watch trash talking I can point out a lot of examples that were so bad you could see it way up on the press box on the tape.

Geez... old stuff...

Keith7
12-21-2003, 05:11 PM
slpybear the bullfan:

mr.leopard man:
if i remember correct last year bridgeport tried that also and that didnt work except for firing up gainesvile more*Chuckle* I have the tape of that game. If you want to watch trash talking I can point out a lot of examples that were so bad you could see it way up on the press box on the tape.

Geez... old stuff...I didnt get to play much that game, but i dont remember them being bad at all