Any of you going tomorrow? I think it starts at 6:00

rockdale80
04-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
Any of you going tomorrow? I think it starts at 6:00

Affirmative. Going to watch that Randall boy.:D

wildstangs
04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Don't the Ags count this game as a win on their record?

coiled2strike
04-18-2008, 08:44 PM
of course

PHS Wildcats
04-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Affirmative. Going to watch that Randall boy.:D

Who? Never heard of him ;)

Good Luck Big Blue:clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I think I'll try to make an appearance.

rockdale80
04-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

I am sure you will do fine brother. Go get 'em tomorrow.;)

3ABirdMan
04-19-2008, 01:19 AM

Best of luck, and stay injury-free!

g$$
04-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Sure we do, counts the same as the past 2 wins over Texas.

:rolleyes:

Can't make it tomorrow, give us a full report please. Interested in new schemes & position change guys.

Panther One
04-19-2008, 10:56 AM
A couple of years ago the spring game was added to the schedule on the football site and was not coded as an exhibition game. The schedule feature is an automated component of the CMS that is used to create the site, so when the result of the spring game was entered, yes, it did tally it as a win on the overall record. The error was corrected, but the idiots on the message boards had already run wild with it...imagine that.

By the way, the spring game will be different tonight than under Fran. They will not be dividing into two squads and playing a four-quarter game. We'll be going ones vs ones and twos vs twos along with some situational stuff. I don't know if it'll be like this in the future under Sherman, but this year they're still evaluating players. While the other format is more game-like, I think I'll enjoy seeing the first-team units pitted against one another this year.

Panther One
04-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sure we do, counts the same as the past 2 wins over Texas.

:rolleyes:

Can't make it tomorrow, give us a full report please. Interested in new schemes & position change guys.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that our plainview friend is probably a Tech fan, so the wins over Texas probably don't really matter to him...

Emerson1
04-19-2008, 11:09 AM
What channel is it on?

Panther One
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What channel is it on?
It was originally supposed to be shown on FSN, both live and next-day highlights, but it was all tied in with the Gridiron Bash contract, so no TV now. You can watch it live online via Aggies All-Access for free or catch highlights on FSN whenever they broadcast them.

Bull's-eye
04-19-2008, 01:51 PM

Good luck #51! How is Travis Schneider doing?

wildstangs
04-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that our plainview friend is probably a Tech fan, so the wins over Texas probably don't really matter to him...

Nope, Texas fan here. The losses to Aggie do annoy me.

On a sidenote, I have been surprised by how many Aggie fans are running around Plainview.

Panther One
04-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Nope, Texas fan here. The losses to Aggie do annoy me.

On a sidenote, I have been surprised by how many Aggie fans are running around Plainview.
My apologies...figured with the proximity to Lubbock, there was a greater chance of you being a Red Raider.

Panther One
04-19-2008, 03:14 PM
BBDE, I love your sig, but it's kind of pixelized, so I made a clearer version for you...if you want to use it. Good luck today.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/aggie_sm2005/BBDE.jpg

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I hope the Aggies get a win today!

Necks_Fan
04-19-2008, 03:32 PM
In the famous words of I_DONT_CARE, "Who Cares?"

:stirpot:

injuredinmelee
04-19-2008, 09:54 PM
How did Gary do?

rockdale80
04-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
How did Gary do?

He played well. Couple of tackles and he didnt miss any assignments. For 225 he is pretty fast. He covers some ground. He is my brother and I didnt realize how mobile he has became.

Overall they show tons of potential. I hope Sherman can put it together this year. Most of the plays were kept simple so it will be interesting to see how he opens up the offense during the season. Goodson only played a few series, but Bradley Stephens is shifty and can turn on the speed in a hurry. He has a good showing today as did Heard. I wish it would have been more game like, because the second half was all situational themed showing the 2 minute offense, red zone offense, strike zone offense, etc...

g$$
04-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
He played well. Couple of tackles and he didnt miss any assignments. For 225 he is pretty fast. He covers some ground. He is my brother and I didnt realize how mobile he has became.

Overall they show tons of potential. I hope Sherman can put it together this year. Most of the plays were kept simple so it will be interesting to see how he opens up the offense during the season. Goodson only played a few series, but Bradley Stephens is shifty and can turn on the speed in a hurry. He has a good showing today as did Heard. I wish it would have been more game like, because the second half was all situational themed showing the 2 minute offense, red zone offense, strike zone offense, etc...

Thanks for report, glad BBDE did well.

Sherman runs it like a pro practice with all the scripted & situational stuff. I like him leading the troops long-term. Gotta recruit & get us going on national scale but that takes time cleaning up Fran's mess.

I_DONT_CARE
04-20-2008, 08:46 AM
GOOD TO SEE ONE OF THE 3ADOWNLOWERS DO WELL. CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG MAN!