PDA

View Full Version : Next Season's QB

kepdawg
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Does your high school's qb return for the 08 season?

If not, is there a front runner to take over the starting position?

sinfan75
04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Sinton's does but he could get beaten out. Heard the Cave boy pretty good.

wildstangs
04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Good question for Sweetwater. I know they had a junior and two sophomore QB's on the roster last year. Anyone from Sweetwater know who the front runner for the position will be?

Dogman_1969
04-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Rockdale returns 7 offensive starters including the QB.

The backup QB returns as well but played WR most of the year and was All District as a WR so look for good things.

The new district will be a tough one...........

Tres Lobos
04-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Monahans has their QB returning. He Switched in and out last year with a senior but he played most of the time, and he started and played the whole game in the playoff game, so hopefully he plays pretty good this year having some experience

PHS Wildcats
04-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Palestine QB is starter for his Jr yr. He started the last 6 games last year as a soph.

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Yes, he returns. :)

navscanmaster
04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes. He should be starting his 22nd consecutive game, I believe.

44INAROW
04-18-2008, 09:51 PM
You betcha he returns...... 2 more seasons :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

CS DAD
04-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
You betcha he returns...... 2 more seasons :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

is that a positive thing

STANG RED
04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Good question for Sweetwater. I know they had a junior and two sophomore QB's on the roster last year. Anyone from Sweetwater know who the front runner for the position will be?

Holsey graduated, but when he was hurt through most of the pre-district schedule his backup did a real good job. And if they'll just let him pass some, he proved he could do it pretty well. He also came in and mopped up several games last season and looked real good, so he got a lot of playing time and should be ready. I'm pulling a complete blank on the young mans name right now.

bandera7
04-18-2008, 10:10 PM
We return ours, coming into his Junior year...looking for great things out of him, sophomore Cole Hubble

44INAROW
04-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CS DAD
is that a positive thing

:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: what do you mean by that?

bandera7
04-18-2008, 10:32 PM
isnt Arndt also a really good baseball player?

44INAROW
04-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
isnt Arndt also a really good baseball player?

yes he is - plays CF and pitcher and hits the ball well - in fact - he had a nice triple tonight

bandera7
04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I saw him on some list of baseball players to watch...

jimmyceatworld
04-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Our new head coach's son is going to be our qb next year. They went 3 deep at Valley Mills (1A) last year and I heard he was district MVP. He'll definitely be an upgrade and we'll see how well he does with, to be blunt, subpar receivers.

Gobbler Fan
04-19-2008, 12:28 AM
is that a positive thing

Cuero played their worse game of the year against CS and CS played one of their best against Cuero . Hope we can hook up again next year and even up the score .

CS DAD the Cuero QB had not thrown an interception all year before that game I dont know if it was the weather or just nerves but the whole team was out of sync in the game against CS. One thing to remember about our QB is that one year ago he was the freshman QB ...going from the freshman team to starting varsity QB is quite a jump and I say he did quite well and with 2 more years to mature ...;) we may be o.k. at that position.

;)

pirate4state
04-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton's does but he could get beaten out. Heard the Cave boy pretty good. They both compete in every sport. They both bring good things to the table, it'll just depend on which of the two progresses the quickest. This is a good problem to have, IMO.

Looking4number8
04-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Brownwoods Casey Pachall will return for his senior year

injuredinmelee
04-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Brownwoods Casey Pachall will return for his senior year

is he any good???

Sorry had to. My early prediction as District MVP.

Necks_Fan
04-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Raley will return next year as a junior. He started all our games last year as a soph and threw 3 tds and 17 ints.:doh:

We are definiely looking for better play, and he should.

Sweetwater Red
04-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Holsey graduated, but when he was hurt through most of the pre-district schedule his backup did a real good job. And if they'll just let him pass some, he proved he could do it pretty well. He also came in and mopped up several games last season and looked real good, so he got a lot of playing time and should be ready. I'm pulling a complete blank on the young mans name right now.

Junior Zach Birdwell

The two sophomores were Jake Lawrence and another kid.

They platooned Birdwell and Lawrence while Holsey was out.
Birdwell got most of the playing time though.

STANG RED
04-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Junior Zach Birdwell

The two sophomores were Jake Lawrence and another kid.

They platooned Birdwell and Lawrence while Holsey was out.
Birdwell got most of the playing time though.

Thats it, Birdwell. I thought he looked pretty dang good last season, once he got those early season jitters behind him. I think he'll do a real good job. Especially if they will just let him throw the ball 10 to 12 times per game. He's got a pretty decent set of wheels on him to.

Panther One
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
is that a positive thing
I was more impressed with Arndt as a sophomore last year than I was with Eskew as a junior the year before...so yeah, I'd say it's a positive thing.

yoemenkracker30
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Stephen Townsend is returning in Cameron

44INAROW
04-19-2008, 03:32 PM
is that a positive thing

still waiting on an answer CS Dad........ what do you mean by this comment? You're the one that wants to talk sports - so - let's hear it

Necks_Fan
04-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
still waiting on an answer CS Dad........ what do you mean by this comment? You're the one that wants to talk sports - so - let's hear it Burn

:iagree:

CS DAD
04-19-2008, 03:36 PM
just talking smack
good luck to yall

injuredinmelee
04-19-2008, 05:35 PM
just talking smack
good luck to yall

now that we have plenty of on here.

So is CS a one hit wonder? Will they be one fo those schools who have a great year and their fans get on here and gab gab gab gab and then they go 7-5 and we dont hear nary a peep?

CS DAD
04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
we should be strong at least one more year

Ranger Mom
04-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Our QB graduates next month....our backup QB graduates next month. I have NO CLUE who will be under center this season.

I am looking for a couple of down down down years!!:(

lostaussie
04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Godfrey returns next year............and the next. A taste of the championship game already in his mouth, I expect great things, even if it is not a championship in the next two years. The kid is fun to watch and I wish him all the best.

Blastoderm55
04-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Beeville's QB Eric Soza returns for his fourth year under center. It'll be the 39th consecutive game under center. We'll be in good shape in terms of the QB position when we meet Cuero in week zero.

LHS PRIDE
04-20-2008, 12:58 AM
La Grange will have a Junior as QB. On JV he threw 28 touchdowns and ran in 7.

Brahma84
04-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Bellville has a lot of returning starters, but the QB is not one of them. In spring football they have been working Tallerine(a SR. next year and last years #2), Mueller(a JR. next year, played QB in Jr. High, but was a WR last year) and Kennedy(who played WR and on defense last year)
They are all very athletic, but very different.

Tallerine- small, quick, has a good arm and can take a hit

Mueller- 6'5, also a good arm, moves well for a big kid.

Kennedy- FAST

Nursebetty
04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
I am ready to see Arndt and the GOBBLERS in some football action real soon!

LH Panther Mom
04-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
I am ready to see Arndt and the GOBBLERS in some football action real soon!
Hello! Good to see you here! :)

jimmyceatworld
04-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Raley will return next year as a junior. He started all our games last year as a soph and threw 3 tds and 17 ints.:doh:

We are definiely looking for better play, and he should.

That's almost as bad as our QB a couple of years ago when he threw 1 TD and 10 INT for the season.

... I think we barely averaged in the double digits :(

Stangs325
04-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Thats it, Birdwell. I thought he looked pretty dang good last season, once he got those early season jitters behind him. I think he'll do a real good job. Especially if they will just let him throw the ball 10 to 12 times per game. He's got a pretty decent set of wheels on him to.

What no one else has mentioned is that he played reciever when Holsey returned and he had a few recieving TD's too. So that shows you he's an athelete. And i agree with you on the passing. With the running game their going to have with him Mccann Fields and Jackson, if they just let him pass to mix things up they could be a very dangerous team. So all in all, Birdwell will suprise many.

Nursebetty
04-20-2008, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hello! Good to see you here! :) [/QU

Nice to see you on here as well.....how bout them Panthers? Ready for another season of football?!! The GOBBLERS are!!!

CHSfan
04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hello! Good to see you here! :) [/QU

Nice to see you on here as well.....how bout them Panthers? Ready for another season of football?!! The GOBBLERS are!!!

LHPM why arent we playing yall this year...i remember someone talking about it but i dont remember?? jw..

Nursebetty
04-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
LHPM why arent we playing yall this year...i remember someone talking about it but i dont remember?? jw..

Nice to see so many Cuero folks/supporters here! GO MEAN GREEN!!! Looks like a good year shaping up for the Fighting Gobblers!!!:cheerl:

Bull's-eye
04-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville has a lot of returning starters, but the QB is not one of them. In spring football they have been working Tallerine(a SR. next year and last years #2), Mueller(a JR. next year, played QB in Jr. High, but was a WR last year) and Kennedy(who played WR and on defense last year)

Kennedy- FAST

They may use a combination of these players. One problem with Mueller at QB, Bellville will lose it's biggest target and best receiver. Kennedy would do better running the ball, but Bellville hasn't used a running QB in years. Tallerine can run or pass, but lacks the height to be an efficient QB. One note, they are all left-handed.

bandera7
04-20-2008, 11:46 PM
all lefties? I have only played against...well wow i dont think I played against any lefties

48minutes
04-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by LHS PRIDE
La Grange will have a Junior as QB. On JV he threw 28 touchdowns and ran in 7.

Its JV, who cares!

Bull19
04-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They may use a combination of these players. One problem with Mueller at QB, Bellville will lose it's biggest target and best receiver. Kennedy would do better running the ball, but Bellville hasn't used a running QB in years. Tallerine can run or pass, but lacks the height to be an efficient QB. One note, they are all left-handed. well, you know what they say about left handed qb's......

Texasfootball2
04-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Godfrey returns next year............and the next. A taste of the championship game already in his mouth, I expect great things, even if it is not a championship in the next two years. The kid is fun to watch and I wish him all the best.

It won't surprise me if this kid is the 3A player of the year the next two years. He is an absolute stud.

Cats Fan
04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Joseph Vela, Jr. QB Rio Hondo HS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdiycOs7A8Y)

TRENCHES06
04-21-2008, 11:01 AM
La Grange will have a good QB and JV play will have nothing to do with it. Could end up being the best QB to come through here in 8 years (since Gunn kid)

nobogey72
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
It won't surprise me if this kid is the 3A player of the year the next two years. He is an absolute stud.

:ditto:

orange machine
04-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
is he any good???

Sorry had to. My early prediction as District MVP.

Dont say that on the Bwood site you will get kicked off the site no lie.

cshscougar08
04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
So is CS a one hit wonder? Will they be one fo those schools who have a great year and their fans get on here and gab gab gab gab and then they go 7-5 and we dont hear nary a peep?

Ummm I don't recall and gab gab gabbing going on from me. Since I was the first CS person on here. Lol. But seriously there hasn't been any gabbing from us CS folks since we joined up here. So don't know what you're talking about there. We do not return Dustin Eskew at quarterback. Brian Bell will take over and should do just fine. In other words, no we're not a one hit wonder. We've made playoffs 10 straight years and will make it 11 after this season. Doesn't seem like a one hit wonder to me.

jimmyceatworld
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
now that we have plenty of on here.

If we went 7-5 I'd let the whole world know. I'd take a 6 game swing any day of the week. Wouldn't be near as impressive as the 11 game one we had a few years ago but it'd be berry nice.

Antec
04-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Heard a rumor that a 24-3A QB is moving to moving to a 2A school

Won't mention a name until. it becomes officiial

TRENCHES06
04-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Who's lining up for Bellville and Giddings?

Buffgal
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84

Kennedy- FAST

Giddings QB......graduated two very good ones, Locke & Brock. Have heard a few names but no front runner for the Buffs. My guess is QB position will most likely still be developing as 2 a days start.
Buff QB position is Up for grabs IMO. also, in the mix, several that did not play football last year that are good athletes. Have to play the waiting game & see how the coaching staff fills in the gaps on defense.

yoemenkracker30
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM
coach fitzhenry's still in giddings isn't he?
thought i heard rumors he might be leaving after brock left