PDA

View Full Version : Home Teams in the Play-Offs

BurnetBandRules
11-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Who all is going to be the home teams at their first play-off games? I haven't heard about Burnet. Last year, Burnet won almost every single toss and one of them was given to us because their band wasn't as strong as ours. Just wondering.....Thanks

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2003, 12:25 AM
I know we're visitors this week. If we get past this week, which we should, I certainly hope we win the toss the next week. The refs at Seguin last year left something to be desired, so on the off chance we'll be playing Yoakum the week after, I don't want us to have to play there again. (Whew, it was hard to be politically correct, there.)

Are you kidding about the bands being the reason?

BurnetBandRules
11-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Nope, sure aint. I think it was summerset in fact. Their band is VERY small and they didn't think that it would project enough across the huge stadium. Interesting isn't it?

Rabbit'93
11-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Forney will be the home team this year...literally. We won the coin toss and decided to play @ our very own City Bank Stadium. Talkabout a home field advantage. :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2003, 01:02 AM
BurnetBandRules:
Nope, sure aint. I think it was summerset in fact. Their band is VERY small and they didn't think that it would project enough across the huge stadium. Interesting isn't it?Definitely interesting.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Diboll pretty much plays at home vs crockette :) we play in lufkin which is 2 mins away from diboll hehe :)

3afan
11-10-2003, 06:05 AM
BurnetBandRules:
.... one of them was given to us because their band wasn't as strong as ours. ....
what r u talking about here? you can't tell me that where a playoff game was held was in any way influenced by who had the "stronger" band ........

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

espn1
11-10-2003, 09:01 AM
BurnetBandRules:
Nope, sure aint. I think it was summerset in fact. Their band is VERY small and they didn't think that it would project enough across the huge stadium. Interesting isn't it?LMAO
http://www.keithleveson.com/Man-laughing.jpg

3afan
11-10-2003, 09:08 AM
enuf with the big pic please ...........

jason
11-10-2003, 09:19 AM
BurnetBandRules:
Nope, sure aint. I think it was summerset in fact. Their band is VERY small and they didn't think that it would project enough across the huge stadium. Interesting isn't it?so you're sayin the location of a play-off game was based on how loud one of the teams band is....ROTFLMAO...yeah, im sure thats the first thing on a coaches mind when finding a location for his playoff games......ROTFLMAO...

CheerMom
11-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know who is home in the Rice-Hvlle game? Just curious, not that it matters that much.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Greenwood is home - Thank Goodness!!!

The Rangers got new home jerseys this year, and with only having 3 home games, we have hardly got to see them - but they sure are nice.

However the game turns out - the Rangers will at least LOOK good!! :D :D

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Rabbit'93:
Forney will be the home team this year...literally. We won the coin toss and decided to play @ our very own City Bank Stadium. Talkabout a home field advantage. :D :D Now here's an interesting question...since we won the toss and chose the stadium, doesn't that technically mean we'll be the away team??? Or will UIL let us be the home team since it's in our stadium???

Bandera YaYa
11-10-2003, 10:19 AM
crzyjournalist03:

Rabbit'93:
Forney will be the home team this year...literally. We won the coin toss and decided to play @ our very own City Bank Stadium. Talkabout a home field advantage. :D :D Now here's an interesting question...since we won the toss and chose the stadium, doesn't that technically mean we'll be the away team??? Or will UIL let us be the home team since it's in our stadium???....guess it will depend on whose Band is bigger ?????? LOL!

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 11:50 AM
here's another thing that's frustrating: season tickets don't include playoff games! I figured since we'll be in our home stadium, our season tickets would be valid...I had a feeling that they wouldn't, but I was hoping!

jason
11-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Bandera YaYa:

crzyjournalist03:

Rabbit'93:
Forney will be the home team this year...literally. We won the coin toss and decided to play @ our very own City Bank Stadium. Talkabout a home field advantage. :D :D Now here's an interesting question...since we won the toss and chose the stadium, doesn't that technically mean we'll be the away team??? Or will UIL let us be the home team since it's in our stadium???....guess it will depend on whose Band is bigger ?????? LOL!lol

dean-r-duke
11-10-2003, 12:31 PM
THE ORANGEFIELD BOBCATS GET TO PLAY AT HOME AGAINST A VERY EXPLOSIVE LIBERTY PANTHERS. THEY ARE THE ONLY ORANGE COUNTY TEAM THAT MADE THE PLAYOFFS SO IF YOU WANT TICKETS YOU BETTER THERE EARLY... :D

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 12:34 PM
does anybody really know if Forney will have to be the away team?

3AFTNUT
11-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Anahuac is home team

3afan2K3
11-10-2003, 10:04 PM
crzyjournalist03:
does anybody really know if Forney will have to be the away team?no - where'd you that that notion ???
by the way, he program Fri at Forney will have a 4 page insert with the usual stories, notes, etc. + complete stats for both teams & brackets & more ...

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>