PDA

View Full Version : Finley visits Patriots

mistanice
04-18-2008, 03:08 PM
by Ryan Peterson

When asked which team he'd really like to play for, Jermichael Finley always gives the same answer. "I'll play for whatever team would like to have me." Good answer.

But Finley may have found a nearly perfect future home. Finley has been wined and dined the last two days by the nearly perfect New England Patriots. Finley would love playing with quarterback Tom Brady. The Patriots also have tight end David Thomas, who was Finley's mentor at Texas during his freshman year.

Finley will continue his N.F.L. tour on Friday when he has a private workout for the Cleveland Browns. Finley's receiving skills are not in question, but is his blocking is.

"That's a concern that they shouldn't have at all because I can do everything," Finley says. "I can block, I can catch, I can run routes. When I get there at mini camp, I'm going to show them what I can do."

Finley knows he can improve, but he's ready to do it on the biggest stage.

"That's why I left Texas because I was ready for a bigger challenge on and off the field," Finley says.

He hopes to go as high as the second round in next Saturday's N.F.L. Draft. The Patriots have the 62nd overall selection and two third round picks.

www.ktre.com

Finley will be in Diboll watching the draft with his family. He will also be having a draft party in Lufkin on the 26th.

injuredinmelee
04-18-2008, 03:31 PM
"That's why I left Texas because I was ready for a bigger challenge on and off the field," Finley says.

didnt really set the 40 acres on fire there Mr. Finley. You were good but you could have used the extra year to learn to BLOCK.

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
didnt really set the 40 acres on fire there Mr. Finley. You were good but you could have used the extra year to learn to BLOCK.

Yes..but he also was not used properly

injuredinmelee
04-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Yes..but he also was not used properly

because he tended to be lazy off the line of scrimmage?

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
because he tended to be lazy off the line of scrimmage?

possibly, but the OU game showed IMO if used properly how potent he could be

injuredinmelee
04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I equate his talent level and work ehtic with that of Roy Williams. Roy had moments where he stood out and took over the field but on non game days or practice you couldnt count on him to be a leader. Have a friend that their careers(his and Roys) at UT overlapped. Isnt a big fan. Have heard the same thing about J Mike.

mistanice
04-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Finley has said the Packers are reallllllly interested in selecting Dustin Keller or himself due to the loss of Bubba Franks.

They plan on drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

Basically their #1 choice is Keller, and consider Finley their backup.

mistanice
04-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
Finley has said the Packers are reallllllly interested in selecting Dustin Keller or himself due to the loss of Bubba Franks.

Not too far off. Since Keller was selected by the Jets in the late first, they felt they could still get Finley later in the third.

Don't know how Jmike will like the weather up there though!

coach
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM

looks like the pack like jmike

Diocletian
04-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Not too far off. Since Keller was selected by the Jets in the late first, they felt they could still get Finley later in the third.

Don't know how Jmike will like the weather up there though!

The weather is GREEN $$$$$$$

it provides all the warmth he'll need