PDA

View Full Version : Gut wrenching job

CenTexSports
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
I know that many people have regular jobs that rip your heart out (paramedics, nurses, policemen, etc) but for those of us not in that kind of business, I had one this week. I had to be on a civil jury for the revocation of a woman's parental rights. I know it has to be done sometimes but Holly Cow what a tough assignment.

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I know that many people have regular jobs that rip your heart out (paramedics, nurses, policemen, etc) but for those of us not in that kind of business, I had one this week. I had to be on a civil jury for the revocation of a woman's parental rights. I know it has to be done sometimes but Holly Cow what a tough assignment.

OUCH!!:(

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 12:09 PM
That has to be tough. :(

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm sure it was difficult, but when people like you aren't doing what is in the best interest of the child, we read about them being tossed from a bridge or something equally horrible.:(

I'm sorry, but thankful, that you had to go through it.

CenTexSports
04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
I also found out that the women hold mothers to a higher standard than the men do in most circumstances. I think it has to do with the men looking from the perspective of the kid losing their mother and the women looked at it from the standpoint of how can a mother do anything to hurt or endanger her children.

lepfan
04-18-2008, 07:18 PM
I had a dad come to me this morning...he checked his son in (he was 15 min late to school)...and walked him to my classroom. We have been struggling with "D's" behavior for a while. The daddy came to me (with big tears in his eyes) because the momma (who has a new boyfriend living with her who used to be in prison) agreed to let the boy live with his dad. It seems the dad found out of some very intimidating behavior and actions the boyfriend has had toward the boy... "D" seems to have been acting out in an attempt to get out of the home life he was in! "D" is normally a great student (academically and behaviorally) up until the past couple of months...NOW he has gone back to his normal self and is a very pleasant student to have in the classroom (again). I am just glad his dad kept trying to get and stay involved...

zebrablue2
04-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

congrats on surviving it...

PHS Wildcats
04-18-2008, 07:39 PM
respect :clap: