PDA

View Full Version : shots fired @ SHSU

tortilla_man
04-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Sam Houston State University police are investigating an incident that occurred about 9 p.m. Thursday during a gathering on campus in the "pit" area between the Administration and Farrington Science buildings. Students reported to police that someone fired several shots into the air, disbursing the crowd, but causing no known injuries. University police reported that within the hour there was no further threat. Classes and other operations will continue as scheduled on Friday.

This happened last night.

Bearkat
04-18-2008, 10:32 AM
IDIOTS!!! Why would anyone have a gun on them while on campus. I always felt safe while on SHSU's campus no matter what time of the day or night. I hope this person is caught.

44INAROW
04-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Please keep us posted tortilla man.......... sure glad to hear there were no injuries.......... hope they catch this fool........

waterboy
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll bet it has something to do with that week in April that Phil C. (I think) mentioned on here. What is this GET STUPID WEEK or something?:crazy:

mistanice
04-18-2008, 10:56 AM
relieved that nobody was injured. wish ppl would have more common sense.

pirate4state
04-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
relieved that nobody was injured. wish ppl would have more common sense. AMEN!

Phil C
04-18-2008, 11:19 AM
This is bad and some people need to use more good judgement. At the same time remember that : "IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED THEN ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!"

tortilla_man
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.shsu.edu/~pin_www/

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/17891669.html

School hasnt sent out an emails about it, Im sure there will be a write up on it in Huntsville Item and School paper in next few days, I will post when i find them.

trojan37
04-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'll bet it has something to do with that week in April that Phil C. (I think) mentioned on here. What is this GET STUPID WEEK or something?:crazy:

I responded to that same thread the other day, where the TCU campus was put on alert earlier this week. A tiny message was found written on a wall that said a shooting would take place on a specific part of the campus on April 19th - TOMORROW! I think it's someone playing around with the events of 1 year ago, but it's not funny at all.

sinton66
04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Texas A&M Kingsville was locked down for about 3 hours the other day.

waterboy
04-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I responded to that same thread the other day, where the TCU campus was put on alert earlier this week. A tiny message was found written on a wall that said a shooting would take place on a specific part of the campus on April 19th - TOMORROW! I think it's someone playing around with the events of 1 year ago, but it's not funny at all.
I agree....that's not funny at all. I'm just glad this person was shooting up in the air and not horizontal at people. As for the guy who talked about a shooting going down at TCU tomorrow, good thing they don't have classes on Saturdays. I know they still have dorms and apartments on campus, though. I hope he's just bluffing.

Fotbol
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I agree....that's not funny at all. I'm just glad this person was shooting up in the air and not horizontal at people. As for the guy who talked about a shooting going down at TCU tomorrow, good thing they don't have classes on Saturdays. I know they still have dorms and apartments on campus, though. I hope he's just bluffing.
Bullets are costing too much to be shot in the Air, just for the sake of showing out!

yoemenkracker30
04-18-2008, 03:20 PM
makes me feel real safe....i heard somethin about it last night at an im softball game but nobody really knew anything....glad the school keeps us updated on campus news

jlg043
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
thats crazy... i just left Sam last semester... glad I wasnt around for that and that everyone is safe!!

APierce248
04-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey guys, i know i haven't posted on here in a while, but i really need to know where you found the information on TCU. I am attending TCU and i have heard absolutely nothing about it at all. I would love it if someone PM'ed me so i can find this information out. I am going to be off campus tomorrow from 8-4 but it just makes my stomach turn when you talk about campus shootings here. Someone please send me INFO!!!!

Thanks a billion!

trojan37
04-18-2008, 05:05 PM
The threat states it will happen at the Tarrant County Northeast campus at Hurst, I got the story turned around a bit. Here's the link to the article. I was almost positive the other day it said TCU. Still, idiotic behavior anyway you look at it.

TCU campus threat (http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/585954.html)

APierce248
04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
The threat states it will happen at the Tarrant County Northeast campus at Hurst, I got the story turned around a bit. Here's the link to the article. I was almost positive the other day it said TCU. Still, idiotic behavior anyway you look at it.

TCU campus threat (http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/585954.html)

Thank you so much for the info!!! It makes me breath a little easier for TCU's campus...still hoping it doesn't happen period no matter where it is! I really appreciate the information so quickly!

CHS_CG
04-18-2008, 06:17 PM
This story was just on our local news and they were saying there is a big story going around campus and students are wondering if shots were really fired. I dont know why anybody would doubt that but I have a feeling if the person wasnt caught it could happen again very soon.

BJG40
04-18-2008, 07:03 PM
I go to Sam now and the first I heard of it was just now on the Low!

PHS Wildcats
04-18-2008, 07:44 PM
stupid:mad:

tortilla_man
04-19-2008, 12:09 AM
still on the SHSU thing... i found this on Katfans.com Message Boards

"There was a stepshow last night in the Farrington Pit. The show attracted students from other schools. Early reports indicate that the shooter was a NOT a Bearkat.

There was an altercation between two of the fraternaties, the Bearkat fraternities broke up the altercation. As the 'guest' was leaving he pulled a weapon out an fired into the air. Everyone else scattered after that. "