PDA

View Full Version : Sinton plays Mathis in softball this Friday night at 7 P.M.

Phil C
04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Look for the earth to shake under this collision. Mathis will be determined and we have to remember it would be great to them to beat us in the last game of the year. Plus I know I don't have to remind you what happened there a few years ago. Mathis does have a capable pitcher. Remember they also beat West Oso like we did so we must be cautious and careful. This game is one that keeps you awake at night. Scary times indeed!

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
What year did Mathis beat us in softball?????

Phil C
04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I think it was in 2004 but I am not sure of the year. It was when Andrea Garcia was a junior and Beeville Coach Soza's daughter was on the team as a sophomore. I think it was Coach Sosa's last year at Mathis. We still won the district that year but that night we played our worse game of the year and Mathis played their best game of the year and won it and just narrowly missed the playoffs (I think).

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think it was in 2004 but I am not sure of the year. It was when Andrea Garcia was a junior and Beeville Coach Soza's daughter was on the team as a sophomore. I think it was Coach Sosa's last year at Mathis. We still won the district that year but that night we played our worse game of the year and Mathis played their best game of the year and won it and just narrowly missed the playoffs (I think). :thinking: :thinking: Was Jackie DeLeon our pitcher? I think that was before I started following softball.

Phil C
04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Was Jackie DeLeon our pitcher? I think that was before I started following softball.

Yes she was.

SINTON81
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I think it was in 2004 but I am not sure of the year. :eek: :eek: What, Phil C not sure of the date, very scary indeed.:D :D

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
You realize that that loss does not count since I was not following them that year! :D

We'll just say that time was "BR" = before Rita :)

Phil C
04-17-2008, 04:09 PM
You realize that that loss does not count since I was not following them that year! :D

We'll just say that time was "BR" = before Rita :)

Right you are! We got a big worry tomorrow night against the Mathis Ladies. :(

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Right you are! We got a big worry tomorrow night against the Mathis Ladies. :(

There is no "we" just you ;)

sinton66
04-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Wonder how long before we hear the "choir"?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM

Could be this year! GO MATHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Wonder how long before we hear the "choir"?

Must be solo tonight.:D

piratebg
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
GO PIRATES!!!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/robmenudog/PIRATE.jpg

Phil C
04-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Another big game in softball is Orange Grove and Ingleside but I don't know where the game will be played. If OG wins they are in second place and Ingleside third. If Ingleside wins they will be tied for second and third and probably decide it by a coin flip or one game playoff for the places.

Phil C
04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
After the Sinton vs Math is softball game I am going to go see the baseball game if it is still going. They make great frajitas there. I don't know if they have any at the softball games though.

pirate4state
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Could be this year! GO MATHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not likely and you really look silly posting this, but it makes me smile so it's all good! :D

pirate4state
04-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Another big game in softball is Orange Grove and Ingleside but I don't know where the game will be played. If OG wins they are in second place and Ingleside third. If Ingleside wins they will be tied for second and third and probably decide it by a coin flip or one game playoff for the places. I believe the game is in Orange Grove. Good Luck OG!!! :clap:

Phil C
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I believe the game is in Orange Grove. Good Luck OG!!! :clap:

I got friends on both sides so I will just say good luck to both teams.

OnceABucJr
04-18-2008, 03:26 PM
I believe OG and Ingle are now tied and the winner of tonight's game goes into playoffs as 2nd place and the loser as 3rd, at least that is what one of the coach's told me?

pirate4state
04-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
I believe OG and Ingle are now tied and the winner of tonight's game goes into playoffs as 2nd place and the loser as 3rd, at least that is what one of the coach's told me? OG won the first match-up so if they beat Ingleside tonight then yes, they are the 2nd place team. Should Ingleside win, I think they have to play again to determine seeding.

OnceABucJr
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
So even though they have the same district record going into this game and if Ingleside wins they will have one more win than OG and OG will then have one more loss than Ingleside, they would still have to have a playoff just because they split their head to head games??????????

pirate4state
04-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
So even though they have the same district record going into this game and if Ingleside wins they will have one more win than OG and OG will then have one more loss than Ingleside, they would still have to have a playoff just because they split their head to head games??????????

I think so, but I've been wrong before. I think it has to do with how the district established their "rules" before the season.

So, who won?

Sinton Lady Pirates 12
Mathis Lady Pirates 2 (5 innings)

Our girls came out flat (prom is tomorrow night) and let Mathis score 2 runs to tie the game after 2 and then they "woke up". I'd like everyone to know that Phil C was showing off at the game!! :D "Hey Rita, did I call it or what?" After the game was tied at 2. Yes, Phil you were right for 2 innings. :p :p

Undefeated District Champs for the 3rd straight year!! :clap: :clap:
WTG LADY PIRATES!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

We have a warm-up game Tuesday night at King HS vs King.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Not likely and you really look silly posting this,

I guess it would be ok if someone were to tell you, that you look silly?

pirate4state
04-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I guess it would be ok if someone were to tell you, that you look silly? Sure, I'm always silly!!! :crazy1:

Lighten up, Francis!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Sure, I'm always silly!!! :crazy1:

Lighten up, Francis!

My name is not Francis, Willis!:D

Phil C
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
The Sinton JV junior varsity won their game over the Mathis JV Varisity 8 to 2 and with that win I think they are the district champions in JV softball in District 30AAA with a perfect record too.